Author Topic: A New Book Formatting Service  (Read 372 times)  

Offline Sophrosyne

• View Profile
A New Book Formatting Service
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:44:31 AM »
Hey, everyone! Some of you will remember me, some of you won't. I used to be on here awhile back, before life got too busy.

I recently became a suddenly single mom. My monthly bills skyrocketed, so I've had to find a creative solution to pay the bills while I'm writing.

One thing I can do well, and quickly, is format books. I used to do it privately for authors, but now I'm turning it into a business.

I will format your manuscripts as distributor-specific ebooks for Kindle, Apple, Nook, Kobo, GooglePlay and Draft-2-Digital. They'll all have a clickable TOC and front and back matter with clickable links. I'll also add distributor-specific buy links for free (just mention Kboards). Turn-around time is quicker than listed, but mention KBoards and I'll bump you up to a faster turn-around time for free.

I will also format your manuscript as a print book for Createspace, (make sure you send me your ISBN number, so I can include it in the copyright page).

The books look great, and there are no problems with uploading at the different distributors.

I can also format multi-author anthologies.

Here's a list of authors and books I've formatted. Books are both e-book and print, unless noted otherwise:

FICTION:
Christiana Miller (everything)
Keith Domingue (all his Luthecker e-books, and I'm currently re-formatting his print books)
Doug Molitor (Time Traveler series. I'm currently re-formatting his Full Moon series)
Ronald Ribman (Infinite Absence series)
Jeff Abugov (The Autobiography of @)

ANTHOLOGIES
Hex the Halls (up for a limited time promo, with multiple NYT and USA Today bestselling authors) 
Kiss and Spell (up for a limited time promo, with multiple NYT and USA Today bestselling authors)
Love & Other Distractions
Cemetery Riots (e-book only)
Tombstones & Tiaras (multi-volume, first-book-in-series collection, with NYT & USA Today bestselling authors. This was available for a limited time promo)

NON-FICTION
Bill Taub (Automatic Pilot)
Peter Dekkom (Next: Reinventing Media, Marketing and Entertainment - e-book only)

PHOTOGRAPHY & GRAPHIC BOOKS
Jackie Hunsicker (Turning Heads: Portraits of Grace, Inspiration and Possibilities - e-book only)
Yuriko Knoblich (I Hate My Doubles Partner!! - e-book only)
Gloria Martin - children's author, all e-books

I've been working as an indie since 2011, and I've always formatted my own books. I used to teach writers how to format, back when it was a difficult thing to do. It's much easier now, and the books look a lot better than they used to, thanks to advances in formatting and conversion software.

Anyway, I hope you give me a try. I think you'll really like the finished products.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:16:11 PM by Sophrosyne »

Offline AuthorKTDaxon

• View Profile
Re: A New Book Formatting Service
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »
Hey, are you still doing this? Also, when you format do the prices include both Kindle AND paperback formatting? I plan to upload my book to CreateSpace and do both Kindle and Paperback through them. I'm SO new to this so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I have to do the final edits but I'm thinking I could be ready for formatting by mid next month.

Hope to chat soon! Good luck with your business.

Offline Sophrosyne

• View Profile
Re: A New Book Formatting Service
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:15:14 PM »
I am still doing it. I'm actually formatting e-book, paperback and hardcover now. Here's my updated price list for 2018:

You can send me an email at fastformatting@gmail.com and/or message me here. What I need is your book file as a .docx plus your ISBN numbers. I also need your links to your other books, if you want me to hyperlink your Also By The Author page to each store you have a book at. If this is your first book, obviously, I won't need that. However, once your books are up, if you send me the links, I can hyperlink your books and send you an updated file.

The e-book only price gives you a .mobi for Kindle, store-specific .epubs and a generic .epub.

The paperback format has all the chapters falling where they fall, which is the usual format for trade paperback.

The hardcover format has all chapters starting on the right hand side.

This price is for text-based books. I'm not doing graphic-novels at the moment or picture books.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:24:08 PM by Sophrosyne »