Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 70357 times)  

Offline msdanielle28

• Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Inspiration Today
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »
I can't wait for the new season of million dollar listing New York to start. Maybe mini binges now of Undercover Boss. More or less just catching up on some that I missed.

Danielle Duckery | greeting card store front

Offline HAGrant

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 04:40:16 PM »
I keep CNN and the BBC on all day.... ISIS, the nuke deal with Iran, the war in Ukraine, the murder of the Putin critic in Moscow... then to balance myself out after all that trauma, I watch HGTV, Love It or List It and shopping for houses on the beach....

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 05:40:58 PM »
OK, I'm binge-watching The Closer.  Really enjoying this.  I never watched it at all when it was on.  Kyra Sedgewick and the ensemble cast are great!  On episode 13 of season 1.

Betsy

I loved The Closer.  Since it ended, I refuse to watch its spin off Major Crimes!  Maybe I will binge watch that.  I binge watched CSI: Miami and thoroughly enjoyed all 20 seasons.

Offline telracs

• NYC
  • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »
well, since i hadn't bought the season pass of Forever and am now 5 episodes behind, i think i will be binge watching that.

Offline TriciaJ82

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 08:20:42 PM »
I enjoyed binge watching the closer a while back but I haven't watched major crimes yet. I don't love Radnor(?) but I do love the detectives.  My latest binge watching is Leverage (not for the first time) on netflix and the first 5 seasons of M*A*S*H. I am waiting for nextflix to add the final 6. I may already have them on dvd but who can resist the ease of episodes autoplaying ;)  ::)

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 08:27:19 PM »
House of Cards.... zipped through season 1 & just started with season 2.

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »
... but who can resist the ease of episodes autoplaying
;D
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline FMH

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Blacklist...and I'm upset there are no new episodes to watch. But I did loooooooove seeing Red put up for auction. ;)

Also, just found (and it's the complete opposite in all ways) The Paradise on Netflix about a beautiful store at the turn of the 20th century, and the adorable British people who work there, how they're coming into their own in a society that caters to the wealthy. Kind of a Downton Abbey where downstairs rules the up, or is beginning to, in their own way,

Also, I never miss an episode of Supernatural or The Flash. All over the map, I know!  Anyone else like that out there? Speak up and show yourself so I don't feel like such a goof.

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
Blacklist...and I'm upset there are no new episodes to watch. But I did loooooooove seeing Red put up for auction. ;)

Also, just found (and it's the complete opposite in all ways) The Paradise on Netflix about a beautiful store at the turn of the 20th century, and the adorable British people who work there, how they're coming into their own in a society that caters to the wealthy. Kind of a Downton Abbey where downstairs rules the up, or is beginning to, in their own way,

Also, I never miss an episode of Supernatural or The Flash. All over the map, I know!  Anyone else like that out there? Speak up and show yourself so I don't feel like such a goof.

I'll have to try The Paradise. Sounds like my cup of British tea.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline EthanRussellErway

• Dewey, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Ethan Russell Erway
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »
Currently binge watching Cheers and Coach on netflix.  I know- old shcool.

Offline balaspa

• Chicago, IL
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! So funny! On Netflix now.
The new thriller TEXT is available now!

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 11:55:32 AM »
I'll have to try The Paradise. Sounds like my cup of British tea.

I loved The Paradise & was saddened when they canceled it after only 2 seasons. I read somewhere that it couldn't compete with Mr Selfridge... which I still haven't watched yet.

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 12:00:09 AM »
I love the Paradise and Mr Selfridge.  Paradise is BBC and Mr Selfridge first airs on ITV in the UK.  Too bad if Paradise went off just because it wasn't as popular as Selfridge.
New York, NY
Flutist, Legal Services Professional
Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline FMH

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:38 AM »
I hadn't heard about Mr. Selfridge! And I just had to stop watching The Paradise after three back to back, because it's 1:00 a.m. and I can't keep my eyes open. Next up is the season 1 finale...then a whole other season! So, yes, I'll be bummed when it's over, but at least I have a whole other season to watch over the next day. Or two... heheh. ;)

Afterwards, I'll check out Selfridge. If it was competition, perhaps it's good? (fingers crossed)

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 03:48:47 AM »
I was binge-watching The Closer until it suddenly went off on Amazon.  :(

Going to watch The Blacklist at some point...
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline NogDog

• Ankh-Morpork
  • My best friend Noggin -- R.I.P.
    • View Profile
    • eBookworm.us
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »

I really like The Blacklist, and I'd say it's largely on the strength of James Spader's performance: he does a fine job of being ambiguously evil, caring, charming, and frightening. Without him, I'm not sure the rest of the cast would hold my interest.

(Make your own reading bar)
Music Ed. major working as a software developer -- go figure | Member since 04/30/2009 | My Blog | GoodReads page
"Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett in Night Watch

Offline msdanielle28

• Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Inspiration Today
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2015, 04:50:51 PM »
Watched a few episodes of the Undercover Boss marathon. Some of the others I had already seen. I like shows like criminal minds and NCIS but I've seen a lot of those episodes, especially Criminal Minds because of the marathons they play. Looking for a medical/forensics show similar. I like mysteries and having to play along to uncover the truth. Some of those shows listed here seems interesting might have to look into them.

Danielle Duckery | greeting card store front

Offline donna callea

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »
Absolutely love the British series Foyle's War on Acorn (also on Amazon) set during and after WWII.  The George Gently mysteries also got me hooked.  Binged through all of them.  Wish there were more.

Donna Callea

Online Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »
Absolutely love the British series Foyle's War on Acorn (also on Amazon) set during and after WWII.  The George Gently mysteries also got me hooked.  Binged through all of them.  Wish there were more.

Love George Gently. I don't binge watch it because there aren't enough of them. I'm trying to make the flavor last. In between, I read the books. There are about 40 of them and I can picture Martin Shaw as the title character. I can't picture Lee Ingleby as Dutt in the books because he's an entirely different character than Bacchus in the TV series.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline FMH

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »
I really like The Blacklist, and I'd say it's largely on the strength of James Spader's performance: he does a fine job of being ambiguously evil, caring, charming, and frightening. Without him, I'm not sure the rest of the cast would hold my interest.

Agreed!! His performance is like Val Kilmer's in Tombstone... steals the show it's so good. I've been a fan of James Spader's like-able villains since his slew of pairings with Andrew McCarthy in the 80's who always played the good guy to his bad. (Pretty in Pink, Mannequin, Less Than Zero) I think they must be friends because Andrew directs many of The Blacklist episodes, and James is an executive producer...I find that so interesting.

@ BetsyTheQuilter - you much check it out. He will hook you... so get ready. ;)

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2015, 05:23:37 AM »
Agree about Spader being a scene stealer.  I've been a Spader fan for ages...the timing just hasn't been right for me to catch it on broadcast. :). Based on the comments, really looking forward to it!

Watching The Killing right now.  Very dark, very creepy.  Slow pace which I don't mind.

Betsy

Offline Michael Cargill

• View Profile
    • Blog of satire
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 06:22:53 AM »
I finished House of Cards about a week ago and it's a decent if unspectacular show.  Season 3 dragged towards the end.

Currently trying to get into Fortitude but it's hard going.  The few good bits are outweighed by long stretches of guff and weirdness.
---

My blog of satire and hilarity
My books are available to buy on Amazon, Smashwords, and B&N.
Shelter from Thunder
Shades of Grey
Underneath
Bits of Cargill
Jake
Saying Goodbye to Warsaw
We Go Again

Offline MaryMcDonald

• View Profile
    • M.P. McDonald
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2015, 01:32:04 PM »
Ive been watching Grimm, though "binge" for me is pretty slow. Not through the first season yet.

I was binge watching Grimm last year about this time. I have to admit the only reason I started watching was because I finally realized that an old review on one of my books was written by the creator of Grimm. My one claim to fame. lol. Anyway, I liked the show especially Monroe and Nick (who is completely drool worthy), but once I got through two seasons, and I think it was on third season when I started watching, I couldn't get the third season as it wasn't on Prime yet, and I didn't want to fork over all that money to watch it. Then I lost interest.  ::)

I am preparing to binge watch a new Netflix show this weekend (3/20) when all the episodes of a new show will be released at once. It's Bloodline, with Kyle Chandler, Sissy Spacek, Linda Cardellini and Sam Shepardson starring. I absolutely love Kyle Chandler and then when Cardellini  was cast, I was thrilled. Loved her in Freaks and Geeks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnS8FkcXNk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnS8FkcXNk</a>

The Mark Taylor Series-Intense thrillers | CJ Sheridan Thrillers
M.P. McDonald | M.P. McDonald | Facebook | Amazon Author Page

Offline FMH

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2015, 12:09:48 AM »
I watch Grimm...but it's changed a lot since now so many characters know about the vesin (sp?). I kinda liked it more when it was secret and Nick and Monroe were going after bad guys on their own. Hank - I liked him finding out because he's a good comic-straight man. But now it's everybody!!! Not as fun.

Almost done with The Paradise - since there are only two seasons... and because I know it's ending soon, it's kinda hurting to watch. Funny how addicted we get to our characters when we love them.

Online Betsy the Quilter

• Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2015, 07:29:29 PM »
I am preparing to binge watch a new Netflix show this weekend (3/20) when all the episodes of a new show will be released at once. It's Bloodline, with Kyle Chandler, Sissy Spacek, Linda Cardellini and Sam Shepardson starring. I absolutely love Kyle Chandler and then when Cardellini  was cast, I was thrilled. Loved her in Freaks and Geeks.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnS8FkcXNk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnS8FkcXNk</a>

Ooh, ooh, ooh!  Thanks for this!

Betsy