Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 81869 times)  

Offline archaeoroutes

• Somerset, England
    • View Profile
    • Alasdair Shaw
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #975 on: January 28, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »
Just finished watching Chicago Med. Looking now for another interesting series. I only ever watched a few episodes of Chicago Fire and Chicago P. D. Might try and see if one of those peaks my interest.
I like Chicago PD. I had wondered if there was a parallel hospital series, as the characters in the hospital seemed rather well fleshed-out for incidentals.

There is now Chicago Justice as well.

Genres: Space Opera, MilSF, Popular Science, Physics Textbooks, Archaeology, Walking
Alasdair C Shaw | Personal Website | SciFi Website | Physics Website | Archaeology Website | Newsletter Signup

Offline msdanielle28

• View Profile
    • Inspiration Today
« Reply #976 on: January 30, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »
Oh wow. I didn't even know about Chicago Justice. I'll give Chicago P. D. a try. I'll start with season 1 so I can get familiar with the characters. I found about the series first with Chicago Fire but could never stay woke long enough to watch it. I like it because the characters do mingle and interact with one another between shows.

Danielle Duckery | greeting card store front | pinterest

Offline A.G. Richards

• England
  • Paranormal romance & more
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 30, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
Yippee! Series 6 of Grimm is now on Netflix!

Online Meemo

• NW Florida
  • KB Member #43
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 31, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »
Oh wow. I didn't even know about Chicago Justice. I'll give Chicago P. D. a try. I'll start with season 1 so I can get familiar with the characters. I found about the series first with Chicago Fire but could never stay woke long enough to watch it. I like it because the characters do mingle and interact with one another between shows.

Dont get too excited about Chicago Justice - there were only only 13 episodes.
Kindling since August 2008, 1st gen Oasis, PW2, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 31, 2018, 10:01:19 PM »
Pride and Prejudice - the BBC mini-series with Elizabeth Garvie and David Rintoul. I loved Colin Firth in the movie adaptation, but of all the actors who have played Mr. Darcy, David Rintoul comes the closest to how I imagined Darcy would look when I originally read the book.

I have not seen this version. Is it available on one of the streaming services, like Netflix or Amazon Prime?

The Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth version was a TV mini-series (1995). The movie (2005) has Keira Knightly and Matthew MacFadyen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112130/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414387/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Another one that aired on PBS (2014):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3775780/?ref_=nv_sr_8

My favorite is the 1995 version with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. The 2005 movie was quite good though.
New York, NY
Flutist, Legal Services Professional
Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:26 PM »
Recently watched Grace & Frankie season 3 and both seasons of Master of None (Aziz Ansari). I watched most of S1 of Portlandia, but I've had enough of that. So silly! I watched 2 nights in a row and liked how the 1st night it made me sleepy so that I got to bed a few hours early. I am still on night schedule and staying up ridiculously late after years of working nights. Retired now.
New York, NY
Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline quinn

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 31, 2018, 11:00:04 PM »
The Detectorists on Acorn and Poldark series :)

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 01, 2018, 04:10:14 AM »
ER.  I'm into season 3.  I swear things are happening that I did not remember.   ???

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Tony Richards

• "Richards is a master" RT Book Reviews f/sf column
    • View Profile
    • Tony Richards -- Dark Fantasy Author
« Reply #983 on: February 02, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »
I'm almost at the end of a binge re-watch of Limitless, the TV spin-off of the 2011 Bradley Cooper movie. The series is a sequel to that story, following the fortunes of a young slacker -- Brian Finch -- whose life is going nowhere till he comes across a pill called NZT that turns him into a genius for 12 hours. It's a comedy-thriller with a fair sized dollop of science fiction thrown in, and a very good and inventive one too. But the show's main asset is the actor who plays Finch, a certain Jake McDorman, who puts in a performance that is sharp, engaging, and -- when required -- hilariously funny.

And guess what, folks? Like almost any TV show that is original and clever, it got cancelled after just one season. What a world we live in!
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline LarryM

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 02, 2018, 10:24:32 AM »
The only binge-watching my wife and I have ever really done was 'Breaking Bad.' I had heard about it, didn't see it when it was in production. One lazy summer night a couple of years ago, we were browsing Netflix and decided to give it a try. We figured five or six episodes would be enough to decide.

Halfway through Episode 1, we were all in. We spent the rest of the summer watching the entire series.
Larry

Offline V.P.

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 03, 2018, 06:46:03 AM »
I have not seen this version. Is it available on one of the streaming services, like Netflix or Amazon Prime?

I checked the Elizabeth Garvie/David Rintoul version of Pride and Prejudice out of my local library, but it is available on both Netflix and Amazon:

https://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Pride-and-Prejudice/70202596

https://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Miniseries-Elizabeth-Garvie/dp/B000244FDW

Offline Kristen Tsetsi

• Hartford, CT area
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #986 on: February 04, 2018, 03:24:14 AM »
Instead of Bloodline's second season, we finally started Stranger Things. LOVE! Reminds my husband and me of Poltergeist (best watched for the first time in the 1980s.)

"THE AGE OF THE CHILD is engaging and unsettling. I've never read anything like it." - James C. Moore, NYT best selling author of Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential

"THE AGE OF THE CHILD tempts us into a conversation that we've not had with spouses, friends, or acquaintances." - Elizabeth Marro, author of Casualties

Offline Nate Hoffelder

• I build websites, and blog about ebooks
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Reader
« Reply #987 on: February 05, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »
I just binge-watched Future Man. It was kinda funny but also insanely over the top.
- Nate, publisher of The Digital Reader blog - www.the-digital-reader.com

Ask me how to speed up your site, the best bookshelf plugins, how to get your site ranked in Google, and why your site keeps crashing. If I don't know I will find out.

I offer free site critiques (tech, content, and design) and I will happily tell you what your tech guy needs to do.

Offline msdanielle28

• View Profile
    • Inspiration Today
« Reply #988 on: February 08, 2018, 05:23:36 AM »
Dont get too excited about Chicago Justice - there were only only 13 episodes.

I guess that's a mini binge. :) Yeah that won't last long.  :)

Offline NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 09, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline V.P.

• View Profile
« Reply #990 on: February 10, 2018, 06:51:55 AM »
Jane Eyre - The 1983 mini-series with Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke

Offline anguabell

• View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #991 on: February 10, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
Altered Carbon. The story is rather diluted - not too many plot ideas, so the series uses all that tedious graphic violence and nudity as the usual "stuffing". But it is visually stunning, and the actors are very good. They would deserve better dialogs :)

Offline Tony Richards

• "Richards is a master" RT Book Reviews f/sf column
    • View Profile
    • Tony Richards -- Dark Fantasy Author
« Reply #992 on: February 11, 2018, 05:33:31 AM »
I'm into another re-watch binge on Netflix here.

AQUARIUS has David Duchovny as an LA homicide detective who runs across the Manson Family a couple of months before the Sharon Tate murders. It's not for the squeamish, and very definitely not for the prudish, but it's a fine, intelligent drama with some excellent performances. Duchovny is (as ever) good value, giving us a plainclothes cop who is a tougher, tireder, darker version of Fox Mulder. And set in 1967 as this series is, it's worth checking out simply for the soundtrack. 
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Kristen Tsetsi

• Hartford, CT area
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #993 on: February 11, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »
I was just in this great bookstore in Long Island, Turn of the Corkscrew Books & Wine, and a customer and two of the store's workers were talking about The Alienist on TNT. They were so excited about it I started it last night. Good so far!

"THE AGE OF THE CHILD is engaging and unsettling. I've never read anything like it." - James C. Moore, NYT best selling author of Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential

"THE AGE OF THE CHILD tempts us into a conversation that we've not had with spouses, friends, or acquaintances." - Elizabeth Marro, author of Casualties

Offline V.P.

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 18, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »
Blue Bloods - Season 1

Love this show - especially the first few seasons.

Offline msdanielle28

• View Profile
    • Inspiration Today
« Reply #995 on: February 21, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »
Just started Chicago Justice since it's only one season with 13 episodes.

Offline anguabell

• View Profile
    • Goodreads
« Reply #996 on: February 22, 2018, 02:29:26 PM »
The Frankenstein Chronicles. Nicely done but soooo incredibly gloomy. I am not sure how long I could watch all those horrors. Poor Sean Bean, I wish he could play someone happy and fortunate for a change  :)

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 03, 2018, 11:58:24 PM »
I have watched 6 of 10 episodes of the new season of Mozart in the Jungle. Not crazy about this season's plot line, but I will eventually watch the rest of it.

I watched Broadchurch series 3 on netflix a few weeks ago.
New York, NY

Offline NapCat

• Rural Nevada
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 08, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »
'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Skip Knox

• Richland, Washington
    • View Profile
    • Altearth
« Reply #999 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:03 AM »
Ash vs the Evil Dead.

(when everyone else goes low, I go high)