Author Topic: What are you binge-watching?  (Read 81273 times)  

Offline dgcasey

• Las Vegas
    • View Profile
Re: What are you binge-watching?
« Reply #1025 on: May 24, 2018, 12:06:40 PM »
I just picked up Season One of Defiance from the library. I'll watch that over the weekend.
The Wrath - The Chronicles of Wyndweir Book #2: 100%

City of Time: 29%

Brownies & Bullets: 20%
War is coming. They think he can be their leader. He's not so sure.
D Glenn Casey | My author\\\\\\\'s blog | My artist\\\\\\\'s blog

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 24, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
I started binging NCIS. I don't like any of the cop shows out there, so I never watched that one. Yep, like 15 seasons and I never seen even one episode. Same goes for all the CIS and other letters. But then I realized I needed something long and it had Mark Harmon in it. I remember him from Flamingo Road. Had a crush on him back then.  ;D

Anywho, watching something from that far back is like the watching the evolution of anything computer, internet and phone. That is my favorite part so far. I am at the almost end of Season 2 so by now they have blackberries and now they mention "IM"  ;D. I like some of the characters on it, the quirky ones.

But I almost stopped watching for the sheer disgusting sexism on that show. It is making me ill to think this made it on the air just fine. It is ongoing sexual harassment of the most disgusting kind and they turned the one female character into something that doesn't correlate with her suppose training. But I guess that goes with the tone of the show. Ugh. But I just try to ignore those parts, hard as it is. It hasn't gotten much better yet on that front. How that became such a popular and long running show is baffling. Well I am still watching, but for the Autopsy doc and Abbie and Gibbs at the moment. Maybe that is what many did. Ignoring the obvious.

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: May 24, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »
Rest assured: Tony evolves.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 24, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
Rest assured: Tony evolves.
At this point, I just want him dead. Strung up on his, um you know.  :-X
He is a big issue, but he is not the only thing on this show though. But he is a huge one. The whole tone of the show at times is like a frat house party. Ugh.

I am just trying to figure out how folks got past all that and still continued to watch. It might get better, but one still has to get through that mess. Thankfully there are other things keeping me going right now, but I don't think I would have watched that past a few episodes had I watched it "live".

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 24, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »
I am just trying to figure out how folks got past all that and still continued to watch.

It wasnt easy. I always considered him by far the weakest character on the show. And I watched in spite of that. I was glad when he left the show.
What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

• Central Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: May 24, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »
 I am currently binge-watching Babylon 5. Im currently halfway through the second season. I am still enjoying the series after watching it several times over the years, despite the occasionally clunky dialogue and casting errors.  :)

Offline A. S. Warwick

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • Mist and Shadows
« Reply #1031 on: May 27, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
I need to go and rewatch B5 again - still my favourite SF show.  Starts off slow in the first season and drops off again in the last (but understandable so given network shenanigans.)

And yeah some of the dialogue can be a little clunky, but there is some that is just amazing as well. And G'kar seems to get a lot of it.  Maybe a lot of it is down to just how good an actor he was.

The sad thing watching it is seeing just how many actors have been lost to us from it in so short a time.
Dead Man's Drop (Noir Dark Fantasy) Rewrite: 100%

Echo of the Ages Book 1 Rewrite: 7%

Unnamed Echo of the Ages Standalone First Draft: 50%
Mist and Shadows | Tales From a Thousand Worlds

• Central Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 28, 2018, 06:57:18 AM »
Andreas Katsulas and Peter Jurasik were both brilliant on that show. It was inspired casting, as was choosing Walter Koenig.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 28, 2018, 08:14:48 AM »
I sign up for a good deal on CBS streaming once a year so I can watch "The Good Fight," the sequel to "The Good Wife."  Really love it.  The season finale is next week.  Then, I'll cancel till the new season, if there is one.  There should be, it's excellent.

I've just finished binge-watching The Good Wife on Amazon Prime and I really enjoyed it. To be honest I think I only started it 'cause I knew Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be in it at some point,  ;)  but I ended up loving the whole thing - Alan Cumming was brilliant as usual as Eli Gold, though the accent threw me for awhile. There were one or two English actors in it doing American accents (like the guy from Downton Abbey). Odd - I would have thought there were enough US actors to fill the spots! And wow, what an unexpectedly downbeat ending!

I saw there was a sequel but I wasn't going to bother with it - sequels so often don't live up to the original - but if you think it's worth it, I might just give it a go.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:16:19 AM by Linjeakel »
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline Nate Hoffelder

• I build websites, and blog about ebooks
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Reader
« Reply #1034 on: June 03, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »
I just finished watching "The Five". It's a Uk crime drama with a twist ending.
- Nate, publisher of The Digital Reader blog - www.the-digital-reader.com

Ask me how to speed up your site, the best bookshelf plugins, how to get your site ranked in Google, and why your site keeps crashing. If I don't know I will find out.

I offer free site critiques (tech, content, and design) and I will happily tell you what your tech guy needs to do.

Offline Nate Hoffelder

• I build websites, and blog about ebooks
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Reader
« Reply #1035 on: June 03, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »
I've just finished binge-watching The Good Wife on Amazon Prime and I really enjoyed it. To be honest I think I only started it 'cause I knew Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be in it at some point,  ;)  but I ended up loving the whole thing - Alan Cumming was brilliant as usual as Eli Gold, though the accent threw me for awhile. There were one or two English actors in it doing American accents (like the guy from Downton Abbey). Odd - I would have thought there were enough US actors to fill the spots! And wow, what an unexpectedly downbeat ending!

I saw there was a sequel but I wasn't going to bother with it - sequels so often don't live up to the original - but if you think it's worth it, I might just give it a go.

I never saw "the Good Wife" (the pilot had no appeal) but I am really enjoying the spin-off series, "The Good Fight".

You should watch that next.
- Nate, publisher of The Digital Reader blog - www.the-digital-reader.com

Ask me how to speed up your site, the best bookshelf plugins, how to get your site ranked in Google, and why your site keeps crashing. If I don't know I will find out.

I offer free site critiques (tech, content, and design) and I will happily tell you what your tech guy needs to do.

Offline KennySkylin

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 04, 2018, 11:21:34 AM »
I just picked up Season One of Defiance from the library. I'll watch that over the weekend.

I just binged all three seasons of Defiance in the last couple of weeks. Not amazing, but pretty fun sci-fi show. Probably going to start The 4400 or Kingdom Hospital soon.

Offline Harriet Schultz

• U.S.
    • View Profile
    • Harriet Schultz books
« Reply #1037 on: June 04, 2018, 02:26:11 PM »
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm binge watching The Crown. I expect to only sit through one episode a day, but it's turned into more like three. So, so good and it shows that being royal isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

Harriet Schultz

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
  • KB Member #43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 13, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »
Were bingeing Mindhunter on Netflix. Lots of differences from the book, but still really interesting.
Kindling since August 2008, 1st gen Oasis, PW2, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 14, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
I'm going back through Warehouse 13.  I really think it could have lasted a few more seasons...

Offline prairiesky

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 14, 2018, 08:51:12 AM »
Started binge watching Friday Night Lights.  I watched it years ago and love it as much this second time around.  It tugs at the heart, for sure.

• Central Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 14, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »
 I just finished watching two seasons of the British comedy show Would I Lie to You?  Its a panel show, with two teams of three people taking turns telling stories, and the other team trying to find out if they are lying or not by asking questions during the process.  I am not from the UK, but I recognize most of the people on the panel as being mostly the UKs top comedians. Its been a long time since I found a show that I liked this much,  and I generally find panel shows to be supremely boring. Its on the Britbox streaming service (in my case via a Roku box).

Offline KateDanley

• View Profile
    • KateDanley.com
« Reply #1042 on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:04 PM »
I've fallen into the "Dickensian" hole on Prime and I never want to leave!  SO much fun!  Every character that Dickens wrote, all living in the same city.  So smart!

Kate Danley | Website | Facebook | Blog | Newsletter | Instagram

Offline FullLiving

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 15, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
I watch mostly comedy and would say "Big bang theory."

Offline Kaliharper

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: Yesterday at 07:05:56 PM »
I actually just finished season 3 of Troll Hunters. I'm sad in knowing we'll never get a fourth, but I loved the show while it lasted.

Offline cozymysterydeals

• View Profile
    • Cozy Mystery Deals
« Reply #1045 on: Yesterday at 08:22:27 PM »
The Paramount Network (formerly Spike TV) is running Friends at 7 o'clock every night.  It's amazing how well that series has held up over the years.  It's just as funny as when it originally aired. 

Also, Comedy Central has been running old episodes of The Office multiple days a week.  I have been laughing like crazy. 

As you can tell, I really like comedies.
I run a website that features daily cozy mystery e-book recommendations.
I'd love it if you would stop by.
www.cozymysterydeals.com