Author Topic: Pretty Voyage covers - anyone have one? Opinions?  (Read 4950 times)  

Offline Eltanin Publishing

• Charlotte, VT
  • Cathy Ryan - Editor-in-Chief
    • View Profile
    • Eltanin Publishing
Pretty Voyage covers - anyone have one? Opinions?
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:09:59 AM »
I was browsing around for a new cover for my Voyage (a relatively inexpensive way to feel like a have something "new") and found these:

They look really nice! Has anyone bought these?

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Let's go NATS
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Voyage covers - anyone have one? Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:55:32 AM »
They look like a similar style to the Fintie and ACase 'smart shell' models.  I quite like the Van Gogh one . . . . . good price, too.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

• Charlotte, VT
    • View Profile
    • Eltanin Publishing
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
I bought the rainbow one (it was hard to decide) and it was delivered today, so I'll let people know what I think after I get home and check it out. I am going to Town Meeting tonight (it's a Vermont thing) and so I can bring my kindle in its new cover to entertain myself.

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:48:25 PM »
They look nice. I will be interested in your review.

Offline Kindgirl

• Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »
I ordered the rainbow one last night... I wanted something for the summer.  :)

• Charlotte, VT
    • View Profile
    • Eltanin Publishing
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »
I got the rainbow one and really like it. Thoughts:
  • It's very thin and light - lighter than the one I got when I bought the Voyage (). But it feels sturdy enough.
  • The rear plastic mold is more rigid than other covers I've had (the one mentioned above, and I had an Amazon cover for my Paperwhite and Touch). Getting the Voyage into the cover wan't difficult but it's definitely harder to get out (and I did not think it was hard to get the kindles out of previous covers - some people did). So if you are the type of person who likes to pop it in and out frequently, this might not be the cover for you.
  • The texture is smoother than the Amazon paperwhite cover () but more textured than the front of the Amazon Touch cover (). If you're unfamiliar with these, I'd just say it is relatively smooth but does have a slight faux leather texture (but not much). I personally don't consider it "too slippery".
  • I like that the inside front cover is dark grey. The blue Incipio cover I linked to above has a light grey interior and it was just starting to look a little dirty. The cover is not super thick or super padded, but I think it will protect the kindle just fine.
  • I like the auto-wake feature - my Incipio cover didn't have that, and made me dislike the fact that the power button was on the back. The magnet area sticks out a bit on the right hand side, but I like it, as a thicker spot to hold the kindle.
  • The images on these covers are just that - images. So although this rainbow one looks like several "pieces" of leather stitched together, it's just an image of that. Which is fine with me.
  • I don't have any trouble opening it. I just put my left hand on the cover with my thumb on the right (opening) edge of the cover and my thumb is able to grab the edge of the cover and open it - no problem.
  • The only thing that I don't know yet is how well it will wear. The layers of the cover seem to be bonded together well, so I have no particular concerns. Overall - I'm very happy with it and recommend it.

Offline Kindgirl

• Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »
I ended up returning mine as soon as I opened it.  I loved the way it looked and felt, but there was a tiny rip in the thick "sticker" with the graphic on it, and it was peeling off of the hard case.  Other than that I agree it's a decent cover for the price, and it's very pretty.

• Charlotte, VT
    • View Profile
    • Eltanin Publishing
Can't recommend these covers
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »
I've had two of these cases now, and both cracked. They are made by "WALNEW". To their credit, WALNEW refunded my money both times (the first time I just asked for a replacement, and they said they would refund me so I could buy a new one, which I did). Both cracked around the magnet. The 2nd time, pieces of the black plastic actually fell off. So I can't recommend them.

It's a bummer - I liked the Amazon Paperwhite cover more than I like the Amazon Voyage cover - I prefer side-opening because it reminds me more of a book. I'm back to what I originally bought with my Voyage: . It's fine... no autowake. But is well made.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:50:23 AM by Eltanin Publishing »

• Charlotte, VT
    • View Profile
    • Eltanin Publishing
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 05:55:56 AM »
Here's the latest installment of Cathy's Attempt to Find a Perfect Voyage Cover.

When the Oasis was announced, I decided I didn't want it, so figured I'd treat myself to a new Voyage cover. Since the two Walnew covers I tried both broke, I was back to my blue Incipio top-hinge cover. Which was fine... no auto wake, and I'd rather it opened like a book (side hinge). I bought this one and so far I'm loving it:

I'd rather the blue was a little less bold/bright, but it's a fun color. I actually like the white plastic part - it gives a nice white border around the kindle which I really like for some reason. They do have some colors with a black plastic, if you'd prefer that. In any case, it seems sturdy, auto wake works well, and so far I have no complaints. I'm having fun reading on my "new" kindle! :)

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
  • KB Member #43
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
I've never had a MoKo cover - except maybe for a Nook Color, but I love their bands for the Apple Watch.   :)

For others who may be looking:  I don't have a Voyage, I do have a couple of PW2s.  One I bought used and it came with a Walnew cover on it.  I loved how lightweight it was and it was a cute design, so I kept it but it started looking a bit tired, fading around the edges.  I'd picked up a Swees cover for my original PW2 back before Christmas and love it, it's a bit heavier than the Walnew cover but it's also a bit sturdier.  Recently I picked up a second one to replace the Walnew cover when they dropped the price on the Swees (for the PW2) to $3.99.  I have the gold and now the mint green (which is more of a turquoise green) - it comes in more color options for the Voyage. 

Kindling since August 2008, Oasis, 2 PW2s, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline jeremleb

• Caen, France
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 04:11:20 PM »
Here is the one I had with my Voyage, made by Noreve.

Manufactured on demand, cobalt grained leather for me (many options are available).

In my opinion, very nice quality for reasonable price.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »
I have the Finite case in leopard & really like it. It's inexpensive, lightweight & fits the voyage well.

They've added some new patterns  since I got mine. My mom has the Love Tree case & my sister has Versailles, they're both very pretty!

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline Meemo

• NW Florida
  • KB Member #43
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 05:46:01 PM »
I like the Swees covers - I don't have a Voyage but the ones for my PW2 are nice.
Kindling since August 2008, Oasis, 2 PW2s, 2 Fire HD6s, iPad Mini

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
  • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:56 AM »
I'm very picky about getting cases. I been trying to find the best vintage book case. Something that looks like a actual book or journal. It's been hard trying to find one for the Paperwhite, and Voyage.

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Let's go NATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 04:05:41 AM »
I have this one:

I like it because it's very light and looks like a book.

There's also this one

That one is a slightly different style that I don't prefer but others certainly do.

Those are the Voyage options -- I do think Fintie has them for the PW as well.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Kathy

• Lighthouse Point, FL
  • Member 376
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »
I have the Poetic one in pink. Love it. They have a lot of color choices.

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
  • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 02:45:37 PM »
Yeah I saw those. I was thinking of getting one of them. But I want something that looks like a actual book. I want to trick people into thinking I'm reading a physical book and then I show them it's a case for my Kindle lol. This happened a few times with my Oberon cases and people would comment on it. I think it's funny lol. But Oberon cases are expansive so I been looking into other options for similar cases.

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
I like the Fintie cases for the Voyage. They fit well and the front cover is thin but sturdy - I just bought a new one.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:32:02 PM by Linjeakel »
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline Samantha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »
Here is the one I had with my Voyage, made by Noreve.

Manufactured on demand, cobalt grained leather for me (many options are available).

In my opinion, very nice quality for reasonable price.
I LOVE the Noreve covers. I LOVE the easel.

How do you find this cover with the button on the back?

I'm still using a Kindle Keyboard and have a Noreve cover (with easel) for it. I was bummed the Paperwhite cover didn't have an easel. The easel is a deal breaker for me.

Offline markbell

• Let's make the world better
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 07:51:49 AM »
I LOVE the Noreve covers. I LOVE the easel.

How do you find this cover with the button on the back?

I'm still using a Kindle Keyboard and have a Noreve cover (with easel) for it. I was bummed the Paperwhite cover didn't have an easel. The easel is a deal breaker for me.

It's so useful for me.
Did you use the handmade covers?

Mark Bell

Offline Samantha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »
It's so useful for me.
Did you use the handmade covers?

handmade covers for what?