Shop Foodie Calendars Now! Shop Dog Calendars Now!
KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: BargainReading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club  (Read 2380 times)  

Online Philip Gibson

• Laos (Moved from Yorkshire)
  • Philip and Cookie the Dog
    • View Profile
    • Hashtag Histories
BargainReading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club
« on: March 13, 2015, 09:16:39 AM »
Are these sites for real? I don't recall seeing them mentioned here. I received an email today from Go Indie which had the following surprising statement:

BargainReading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club truly are the best performers with respect to return on investment, dollar for dollar. Under our focused tests, which carefully tracked only true results, these three actually either came very close to earning back 100% of the investment or actually earned back the investment plus. No other book promotions services we've tested have done that, ENT and BookBub included.

Enewsreadertoday and BookBub remain top recommendations and thumbs up selections. However, they didn't give a full return on investment. With Enewsreadertoday: At .99, authors earned back $7 on average from royalties and paid $30 on average. At $1.99, authors earned back $14 on average from royalties and paid $45 on average. At $2.99, authors earned back $62 on average from royalties and paid $90 on average.

With BookBub: At .99, books didn't recoup the cost of the promotion or even come close; the average .99 book earned $108 (.35 from each sale) but the average promotion cost was $420. At $1.99, books didn't recoup the cost of the promotion or even come close either; the average $1.99 book earned $224 (.70 from each sale) but the average promotion cost was $772. At $2.99, books came closer to recouping the cost of the promotion; the average $2.99 book earned $788 (2.04 from each sale) but the average promotion cost was $1294.

The signup forms for all 3 of those recommended sites are identical, as are their mailing addresses.

What's going on? Are these sites for real?

Philip
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:33:59 AM by Philip Gibson »

What if there had been social media during important historical events?
Philip Gibson | Hashtag Histories | Word By Word Graded Readers for Children

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
    • Official Site of author James H. Mayfield
Re: BargainReading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:26:34 AM »
While I appreciate the effort "Go Indie" puts into trying to test services, I think they are seriously lacking in sufficient data. I wouldn't take anything they say seriously.

The mere fact that they say that BookBub and ENT is okay, but doesn't earn a positive ROI, even though hundreds of people have experienced the opposite - is enough to discredit their research conclusions as a whole.

*I have heard nothing worth noting about those three services they claim are the best one's out there. I think I've come across them, but haven't heard anyone else saying anything about them.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:29:02 AM by ArchangelEST »
Ask me about my services or check my website for book promotions, formatting, proofreading and keyword/category research. :)
James H. Mayfield | Twitter | Amazon Author | Website

Online Philip Gibson

• View Profile
    • Hashtag Histories
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:51:12 AM »
Has anybody used any of those three sites?

Bargain Reading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club claim to have 500,000, 1,500,000 and 5,000,000 subscribers respectively.

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
  • Introverts Unite (Separately)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 12:10:30 PM »
Has anybody used any of those three sites?

Bargain Reading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club claim to have 500,000, 1,500,000 and 5,000,000 subscribers respectively.

I checked the Google Page rank on the sites, and each of them has a pagerank of 0. That means pretty close to no one uses those site (on this forum or off). To give you a comparison, ENT and BookBub have page ranks of 5. Lots and Lots of people visit those sites and link to them, too.

I personally have an indie book promotion site (which is sparsely visited) which has a page rank of 2. And I know it doesn't get enough traffic that I'd pay to have an ad in the free books promotion email I used to put out just for fun.

THE FAMILIAR and THE INNOCENT DEAD are Kindle Scout Winners |  Jillnojack.com

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
I checked the Google Page rank on the sites, and each of them has a pagerank of 0. That means pretty close to no one uses those site (on this forum or off). To give you a comparison, ENT and BookBub have page ranks of 5. Lots and Lots of people visit those sites and link to them, too.

I personally have an indie book promotion site (which is sparsely visited) which has a page rank of 2. And I know it doesn't get enough traffic that I'd pay to have an ad in the free books promotion email I used to put out just for fun.

Good idea. I should have done SEO checks myself. Heck, I'll do some now:

https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/ - none of those three sites are old/popular enough to have data.

I then decided to run my premium keyword/url research tool on those three sites compared to BookBub and ENT. Here are the results (bigger numbers are better):

• The first number is "Page Authority", one of the most important numbers there is. A number above 30 can be considered a decent, reputable site. Above 40 is very authoritative and well respected site. Above 50 is considered extremely authoritative and very well respected.
  • Second number "Page Links" refers to the number of links that are pointing to the site.
  • 3rd number is "Juice Page Links", which are links that give "juice" or search engine ranking power to the site (do-follow links). As you can see, both BookBub and ENT both have a ton of both. Meaning that outside sites are gladly and willingly linking out to them a lot. Sign of respect.
  • 4th number is "Domain rank", similar to the 1st number, but estimates the total authority of the entire domain and not just the main site. As you can see, both BookBub and ENT are very respectable all around.
  • 5th number is "mozRank" which is a more modern version of "PageRank" (which is not always shown or relevant these days). Both BookBub and ENT are showing a fairly high rank.
  • 6th number is "Page Rank", it's missing for BookBub, but ENT has a rank of 5, which - again, is very good.
  • 7th number is "Site Age", which is exactly what it means. BookBub is almost 3 years old while ENT is 5 years old or so. 2 "super sites" have no age at all. Which usually means they are less than 2 months old. One is older, but it means nothing in itself. It's just the age of the domain.

There is no way that any of these three sites have surpassed BookBub and ENT in reach and profitability in a month.

I'm now convinced that Go Indies/Read Indies are doing a scam research that is putting down reputable promotion sites in order to promote their own shady businesses/partner sites.

I have no data to accuse anyone specifically, but it's clear that they are propagating absolute nonsense by claiming that BookBub and ENT do not offer value while three recent, and completely unknown sites surpass them in not only profitability but also reader reach. Absurd.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:01:44 PM by ArchangelEST »
Ask me about my services or check my website for book promotions, formatting, proofreading and keyword/category research. :)

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 07:16:33 PM »
To further drive the nail in the coffin, I looked up the public WHOIS data on all three sites. As I found earlier, two sites are below 1-2 months in age. In fact, they aren't even a month old. Pretty hard to get that 5 million reader list in less than a month. Took BookBub almost 3 years. Fussy Reader has some interesting history, but it seems the site has been pretty useless for years. No idea if it ever offered anything tangible of any sort.

http://www.the-reading.club/ - Created on 2015-02-21

http://www.bargainreading.com/ - Creation Date: 2015-02-21T21:31:12Z

http://www.fussyreader.com/ -

Whois History:   

26 records have been archived since 2011-05-02    
IP History   25 changes on 11 unique IP addresses over 4 years

Registrar History - 4 registrars with 3 drops    
Hosting History - 11 changes on 8 unique name servers over 4 years

Most of the data is irrelevant as it's just the hosting/domain registers info. A common choice for people who do not wish to share their own personal details. All sites are registered and hosted under the same service provider so it's pretty likely they are run by the same person/group.

This may be a reason why ReadIndies has it's website/forum hosted on a blogspot account, to further muddy the tracks of confirming a connection between these sites. But it's fairly clear to me that this is a pretty big time scam.

*Just to note - WHOIS data is public. Anyone can look this stuff up. If you own a private domain, you are obligated to share your personal data with the whole world. Except a lot of hosting services provide a semi-unethical service of offering to fill in their own information instead. Effectively guaranteeing your privacy, but which also means you are technically signing over the rights of the website to that hosting service. (As per public data, they are noted as the owners of the site)

-----------------------

I also love their submission guidelines and the convenient loopholes they leave for themselves:

If you are accepted, note that authors new to our service are subject to a one-time setup fee of $95, which is in addition to the basic cost of our service. After we receive payment, we will begin work on the author's behalf within 10 business days. Once we start work on an author's behalf, we cannot issue a refund of any type.

We revise the rates periodically. The number of readers targeted is for reference, for our use in determining rates to charge, and is not guaranteed, nor should it be construed in any way as the actual number of readers that will be reached. The total number of readers actually reached is dependent on many factors beyond our control, including open rates for emails, participation rates and much more.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:21:21 PM by ArchangelEST »

Online Philip Gibson

• View Profile
    • Hashtag Histories
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:56:32 PM »
I went as far as signing up for the sites and saw that the physical addresses for all three were identical. The content of the original email I received can be seen here:

http://readindies.blogspot.com/ (You need to scroll down a bit).

I didn't accept the offer to sign up for the $125 service. I wonder how many did as a result of that email. It looks pretty certain that the claim of 5 million subscribers (and the other claims) is untrue and that this is false advertising.

Isn't that illegal in the U.S.?

Online ireaderreview

• Books Butterfly - Connecting Readers to Authors
    • View Profile
    • Books Butterfly Book Promotions (Kindle, Nook, Apple, Kobo)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 11:32:42 AM »
This sounds like a scam: Bargain Reading, Fussy Reader and The Reading Club claim to have 500,000, 1,500,000 and 5,000,000 subscribers respectively.

Names seem jumbled up versions of existing sites to confuse authors.

And the claim that they are better than Bookbub and ENT which are #1 and #2. That's obviously wrong.

Get 50 to 100 Sales for Your $1 Book! Get 2,000 to 5,000+ Downloads for your Free Run Books! Get 200 to 400+ Sales for Your $1 Box Set!

Books Butterfly | Free Book Promotion | Paid Book Promotion

Applies to Following Genres: Mysteries, Thrillers, Suspense, Romance, Christian, Non-Fiction, How To, Cookbooks, SciFi Thrillers, Memoirs, Romantic Erotica, Steamy Romance.
Please Note: We also promote in other genres.

Offline CEMartin2

• Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Troglodad
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »
FYI theyre sendin out emails protesting comments here on kboards:

We don't appreciate Kboarders who badmouth our reports without taking the time to actually read them.  You should be aware that most of those responding to the related posts on Kboards ACTUALLY run promotion services or are associates of those who do, and they're not hanging out at Kboards to become your best buds -- they're there to SELL and EARN money from authors. ArchAngelEST, as an example, runs a promotion service and YES, we're sure he'd like you to use his service and that of his associates.

In our report on BargainReading, FussyReader, The Reading Club, we state explicitly and multiple times:

***Bargain Reading, The Reading Club and Fussy Reader are new brands for their pre-existing products and were designed specifically for indie and traditional books rather than traditional books and other traditional products.***

We also state clearly ***the true value of these services comes from the pre-existing products and their pre-existing marketing networks.***

To be clear also, our methodology ensures we track only the actual boost from a promotion, rather than all sales in a specified period, and it's why our numbers reflect actual results rather than some inflated notion of sales.

Also, how many times do we have to say BookBub and ENT are great and two of the best. We've said it over and over. However, if you have a listing in these services and count all sales and not just the boost from the promotion, you're not getting an accurate picture of the results.

Edit: This came as a "special report" from ReadIndies... i sign up for so many sites i honestly don't know if i signed up for them or it's spam...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:07:43 PM by CEMartin2 »

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »
I love it how they are calling me out for "badmouthing" their unknown, several hundred dollar service to apparently gain favor for my $5 service (which is booked for weeks in advance already, lol - and which I didn't even advertise in this thread). And my Associates? Don't have any. Unless you count Buck Books who offer a free service and most definitely don't need clients either.

I don't really see what I would have to gain from badmouthing someone else's expensive service.

No. My motivations are quite transparent. I simply believe that if someone offers a several hundred dollar service with a huge up-front fee, and plenty of loopholes that allow them to deliver 0 results, it's best to double and triple check the offering.

And the data is simply beyond suspicious.

A completely brand new service with brand new websites, that has a subscriber list as big as BookBub's and that also gets results that are better than BookBub. Yeah, not at all suspicious.

They cannot expect people to just fall for that service out of the blue without a good dose of skepticism.

Offline Ghost Flight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »
Warning:  long post

The signup forms for all 3 of those recommended sites are identical, as are their mailing addresses.

The owner of these three websites used the same web template for all three Internet domains.  Saves a lot of time and money when building multiple websites.

It looks pretty certain that the claim of 5 million subscribers (and the other claims) is untrue and that this is false advertising.

Isn't that illegal in the U.S.?

In the US, false and misleading advertising is prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission.  Most States' consumer protection laws also prohibit false and misleading advertising.  And the Marketing Partners Network corporation is probably going to sic their lawyers on him, too, for using their name and good reputation for his own marketing purposes.

From William Robert Stanek, who runs ReadIndies (Go Indie @ReadIndies) at readindies.blogspot.com:

We don't appreciate Kboarders who badmouth our reports without taking the time to actually read them.  You should be aware that most of those responding to the related posts on Kboards ACTUALLY run promotion services or are associates of those who do, and they're not hanging out at Kboards to become your best buds -- they're there to SELL and EARN money from authors.

I'm an author who has lurked on this forum since the days when it was called kindleboards and fellow forum member Amanda Hocking only had nine books published, all of which were at the top of Amazon's Kindle charts.  I don't run a promotion service and am not associated with anyone who does.  I don't sell anything to authors or have any income coming from any authors.  I rarely post, but when I see somebody trying to swindle authors out of money, I'm going to say something.

Look at the evidence and see if this guy isn't pulling a scam.

1)  The bargainreading.com, fussyreader.com, and the-reading.club domains are all owned by the same Network Solutions customer.  We know this because Network Solutions assigns an anonymous public email address to each customer who purchases private domain registration to hide their personal details (name, address, phone, email) in the domain whois info.  This public email address is listed in the whois info of each privately registered domain owned by that customer so that all non-spam emails sent to that public email address can be forwarded to the correct customer.

Look at the whois info for each of these three domains:  http://whois.domaintools.com/bargainreading.com, http://whois.domaintools.com/fussyreader.com, https://www.whois.net/default.aspx (type the-reading.club in the text box and tap the "GO" button to see the whois info).  The anonymous public email address is cf22b3mk48y@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com for the owner of all three domains.

Also note the expiration dates of these three domains:  in 10 years for bargainreading.com and fussyreader.com and five years for the-reading.club (the max Network Solutions will allow a customer to purchase .club domains at one time).  As we can see, this customer plans to run this scheme for quite some time.  He bought the three domains, private domain registration, and web hosting from Network Solutions, which means even with coupons, discounts, and the free domain for a year with hosting, he invested about $565.  I hope he got that web template for free.

2)  The three domain names are designed to confuse authors and readers with the already established and reputable bargainbooksy.com, fussylibrarian.com, and The Reading Club.

3)  In the 26 days since bargainreading.com, fussyreader.com, and the-reading.club domains were purchased, only one person knew about them and mentioned them on any blogs, websites, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter, with only one exception.

Blogs

Two long, extremely detailed posts describing how much better these three websites are for promoting books than Bookbub and ENT on Mar 2, 2015 and Mar 12, 2015 at readindies.blogspot.com and readindies.blogspot.ca (a mirror of posts on readindies.blogspot.com).

Both blogs are owned by William Robert Stanek.  In case there's any confusion on names, he uses pen names Robert Stanek for fiction and William Stanek for nonfiction.  Same guy.

Google+

Two posts and two links to the two blog posts listed above.

https://plus.google.com/+RobertStanek/posts/jVAw94Y9yh2
Feb 23, 2015 - I LOVE Fussy Reader (www.fussyreader.com). WOW! Amazing! . Free and bargain books for your ereader! Fussy Reader Advantage .

https://plus.google.com/+RobertStanek/posts/EKSVvnfs7wf
Feb 27, 2015 - Loving Bargain Reading (www.bargainreading.com). This is such a good site for readers!

https://plus.google.com/115935482812306871158/posts
William Robert Stanek linked to his two readindies.blogspot.com posts (Mar 2, 2015 and Mar 12, 2015) hailing the alleged success of Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, and Fussy Reader.

Facebook

Facebook post Feb 25, 2015:

Robert Stanek :         Bargain Reading - http://www.bargainreading.com/
The Reading Club - http://www.the-reading.club/
Fussy Reader - http://www.fussyreader.com/

Recently, Team Read Indies and I completed a year-long study of book promotion services and we've published several research reports. We'll also keep testing these services over the coming months. Some of the top services we discovered in our research include Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, and Fussy Reader, about which we will publish a research report soon.

We found these 3 services to be so effective that we're ditching our own efforts to manage separate promotion services and joining their partner network, which rewards our promotional reach with discounts,enhancements anytime we market through them, and much more. That network is called Marketing Partners Network. If you use these services or join the network, we hope you'll let them know ReadIndies sent you.

Please share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

11 tweets on four days by @ReadIndies and @robertstanek (both are William Robert Stanek's accounts) retweeted 31 times.  If you look at the Twitter accounts for the retweets and followers, they're mostly bots and non-English speakers.  (Warning:  Don't follow the Twitter link to MALE STALLIONSINGLE.  It's NSFW.)  You won't get many book sales for your English language books from those Twitter accounts.  The few legitimate accounts seem to be mostly authors.  Not saying authors don't buy books.  We do, but you want a much larger audience to buy and read your books and recommend them to other readers.

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
Great promotion opportunity! The Reading Club http://www.the-reading.club/
0 retweets 0 favorites
6:12 PM - 22 Feb 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
W-O-W!!! The Reading Club http://www.the-reading.club/  #nooks #kindles #ipads
0 retweets 0 favorites
7:58 PM - 22 Feb 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
I love Fussy Reader http://www.fussyreader.com/  #kindles #nooks #ipads
0 retweets 0 favorites
7:43 PM - 23 Feb 2015

Robert Stanek ‏@robertstanek
Have you joined http://the-reading.club  yet? AMAZING! #kindles #ipads #nooks #books #amreading
    Retweets 21
    Favorites 149
    Arif, Blent Aslan, HALİL, Λlper ҠΛHRΛMΛN, ๏̯͡๏ Fatma Trk, Wempy Dyocta Koto, Feyzullah Ulusoy, ERIC, Girl On Gril Love
8:06 PM - 23 Feb 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
Have you tried Bargain Reading yet? Awesome! http://www.bargainreading.com/  #kindles #nooks #ipads
0 retweets 0 favorites
12:31 PM - 27 Feb 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
$ for $ Are Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, Fussy Reader the Best Book Promotion Services? http://readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html #MondayBlogs
    Retweets 3
    AngelsBlood, Angela B Mortimer, Claudia Burgoa
12:22 PM - 2 Mar 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
#MondayBlogs $ for $ Are Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, Fussy Reader the Best Book Promotion Services? http://readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html
    Retweets 2
    Jacqueline Rainey, Claudette Melanson
12:58 PM - 2 Mar 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
$ 4 $ Are Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, Fussy Reader the Best Book Promotion Services? http://readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html #MondayBlogs
0 retweets 0 favorites
2:06 PM - 2 Mar 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
$ for $ Are the Best Book Promotion Services Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, Fussy Reader? http://readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html #MondayBlogs
0 retweets 0 favorites
3:01 PM - 2 Mar 2015

Robert Stanek ‏@robertstanek
Dollar for Dollar Are These the Best? Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, Fussy Reader http://readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html #AmBlogging #Kindles #Nooks
    Retweets 5
    Favorites 28
    Sze Ki Leung, musicefarsi, Sena., Ali Kaya, Ditta , I iZ so KayooOot ❤, Luana Anjos, MALE STALLIONSINGLE Camila Lopez ♥
4:39 PM - 2 Mar 2015

Go Indie ‏@ReadIndies
Dollar for Dollar Are These BEST Promotion Services? Bargain Reading, The Reading Club, Fussy Reader http://readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html #MondayBlogs
0 retweets 0 favorites
6:55 PM - 2 Mar 2015

4)  The exception is fiverr.com/kindleindies, which advertises their ability to help indie authors get the "coveted" (their words, not mine) advertising spots at BookBub, Bargain Reading, Fussy Reader, and The Reading Club.  They modified the sales copy within the last few days to make it sound more legit, but here's Google's cached version:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VCraatkmvtkJ:https://www.fiverr.com/kindleindies+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

About kindleindies

Ebook marketing & online promotion is our specialty. It's all we do; we've gotten pretty good at it. We also specialize in e-marketing research, publishing highly regarded guides to getting into the four most coveted promotion services: BookBub, Fussy Reader, Bargain Reading, and The Reading Club.

KindleIndies also posted their gigs on the Brazilian Fiverr.com site, br.fiverr.com/kindleindies, but the same listing is entirely in English, not Portuguese.  KindleIndies is supposedly Canadian and has been a member of fiverr.com since Feb 2015.

Notice a pattern here?  ReadIndies, readindies.blogspot.com, readindies.blogspot.ca, ‏@ReadIndies, KindleIndies.

Do you think it's the same guy choosing these names?  If not, how did KindleIndies discover Fussy Reader, Bargain Reading, and The Reading Club, apply to and get approved on the Marketing Partners Network, decide he could offer his services to fiverr.com customers to make some money, and set up his gigs all in the maximum six days left in February after these domains where added on Feb 22, 2015 and propagated through DNS?  (DNS is the system that makes these domains accessible to anybody connected to the Internet by typing the URL in the browser or following a link.)

KindleIndies also claims to be a Canuck, but readindies.blogspot.ca (owned by William Robert Stanek) is a Canadian blog, so we can't rule Stanek out due to his location in the US.

Stanek knew about KindleIndies, since he mentioned it in this blog post:

readindies.blogspot.com/2015/03/best-book-promotion-services.html

Stanek is very familiar with fiverr.com gigs and how they work, as shown in this blog post:

readindies.blogspot.com/2015/02/facebook-twitter-blog-book-promotion.html

If there really is a big book marketing network with a 5 million subscriber mailing list, why are Stanek and KindleIndies (which I believe is Stanek himself or a very close associate, like his wife or kid) the only ones talking about it?  The guy owns these three domains, a 5 million subscriber mailing list, and a marketing network, yet picks Stanek out of 7.3 billion people on this planet to advertise his Bookbub-like goldmine?

C'mon.  This is as phony as a $3 bill.

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »
If there really is a big book marketing network with a 5 million subscriber mailing list, why are Stanek and KindleIndies (which I believe is Stanek himself or a very close associate, like his wife or kid) the only ones talking about it?  The guy owns these three domains, a 5 million subscriber mailing list, and a marketing network, yet picks Stanek out of 7.3 billion people on this planet to advertise his Bookbub-like goldmine?

C'mon.  This is as phony as a $3 bill.

Great analysis!

Now you can wait for your account name to be posted on Stanek's blog and be called out for badmouthing, lol.  ;D

Offline Ghost Flight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »
Now you can wait for your account name to be posted on Stanek's blog and be called out for badmouthing, lol.  ;D

I'm in good company!  It'll have to be his own blog, because I doubt Stanek will post here in this forum.  Harvey is on to him. :D

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,201232.msg2820436.html#msg2820436

Offline ArchangelEST

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 07:44:08 PM »
I'm in good company!  It'll have to be his own blog, because I doubt Stanek will post here in this forum.  Harvey is on to him. :D

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,201232.msg2820436.html#msg2820436

You have to give the guy credit for being persistent though. But with all the effort he seems to put into this suspicious behaviour, he could have created a very legitimate and profitable service by now.  ::)

Offline Ghost Flight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 08:29:38 PM »
You have to give the guy credit for being persistent though. But with all the effort he seems to put into this suspicious behaviour, he could have created a very legitimate and profitable service by now.  ::)

True, but I get the impression he thinks his business IS legitimate right now.  He believes it will be very profitable in the future, and I think the main reason he created three websites is because he plans to sell off two of the websites later for large sums so he can retire early and still have an excellent income generator with the third.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac