Author Topic: Where to start adding books on Apple iConnect interface?  (Read 855 times)  

Online KaiW

• View Profile
Where to start adding books on Apple iConnect interface?
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
Have just signed up for Apple's iConnect, have entered all the info and gotten through to the interface to check sales reports etc. But I have no idea how/where to start adding books?
Do I need to wait for some kind of verification or what? Have done the Tax interview etc and all seems ready to go except for this one not-so-tiny detail  :'(

Offline Tasha Black

• Romance with bite!
    • View Profile
    • Tasha Black
Re: Where to start adding books on Apple iConnect interface?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:15:40 AM »
You actually don't add your books through iTunes Connect.

You have to upload them through a separate application called iTunes Producer. (Mac only.)

It can be a hassle at first, but once you get the hang of it, it works very well.

Tasha Black | mailing list

Online KaiW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
Aha, thank you! Feel like an idiot for not copping that ...

Offline AJStewart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
Don't feel stupid, it's a terrible system, and not at all intuitive. Using the Producer application gets easier, but the fact that once you get your book up you can make changes to it (price, description) both from the Producer app and from the Connect website, but other changes (like file changes) only from Producer is a little weird.

Offline Crystal_

• Portland, OR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 09:19:21 AM »
The website is hopelessly unhelpful. I've been pulling my hair out trying to make sense of it. You were wise enough to ask for help. Can't say the same for myself.

Online ilamont

• Mass.
    • View Profile
    • In 30 Minutes Guides Official Site
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »
The only good things I have to say about iBooks are A) ePubs generally look better in iBooks than they do on the equivalent Kindle apps and B) iBooks Author is a pretty powerful program for making interactive ebooks. Otherwise the iTunes/iBooks/iBookstore ecosystem is a big fat mess for authors and consumers.

The fact that iPhotos (another iTunes connected application) is being replaced by Photos gives me reason to hope that Apple engineers and designers will eventually turn their attention to iBooks, but I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Online KaiW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »
Got into Producer and so far I'm hating the drag and dropping which takes so much longer than a simple click to upload....
It's my first foray into going direct and seems way more time-consuming than D2D's comparatively seamless process. Remains to be seen whether going direct is worth the additional hassle  ::)