KB Featured Book
The Mind of a Medium
by Tony Garrod

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-01-29
Bestseller ranking: 1655883

Product Description
A fascinating look at consciousness, mediumship, psychics, spritualist circles, scientific theories, the paranormal and more.

As a developing medium, there are many questions we need answers to concerning our ability, but find that many of those questions have no answers no matter how hard we look.

In this book I describe different sides to becoming a medium and give some guidance as to what sort of circle may best suit an individual. I explain how different circle venues and the people who attend and run them can help or hinder progress in this field. I also explain the different techniques that various tutors use and discuss the experiences I've had with the mediums, tutors and lessons I've taken in the circles I've attended. I explain how connections are experienced, made and lost, and the ups and downs to connections made.

If you've read my first book, Fifty-one Percent, you will know that I like ...

Author Topic: Book Report - New Safe Way to See KDP Stats in the browser!  (Read 53205 times)  

Online Elizabeth Ann West

• Schenectady, NY
  • Our doubts are traitors...
    • View Profile
Re: Book Report - New Way to See KDP Stats in the browser!
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »
This was a "shut up and take my money" moment for me. Well done! Well done indeed! Thank you for the work of development on this and if you get a donate button up too I will gladly help put towards future updates over and above my $10 a month. :)

Jane-of-all-trades, mistress to none!
Elizabeth Ann West | Read My Stories Free!

Offline bobfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »
And this is why it'll just be an option. The tool won't try to figure out if you should use the option or not, it'll just give you the ability.

Love it. I'm sure there are plenty of overseas authors who will really appreciate having a proper display of -today's- sales. :)

Offline G.L. Snodgrass

• View Profile
    • G.L. Snodgrass
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2015, 10:28:12 PM »
Good Job. As a retired programmer I can tell you that you have hit the sweet spot. Fast, Reliable, Inexpensive. The interface is very intuitive, easily understandable while meeting most people's needs. The proxy server solution sounds like the best choice considering the situation. As you well know, nothing on the web is fully secure but it appears you've done the best you can considering Amazon's limitations.

Your willingness to listen to your customers is going to serve you well. Thank you. You have created something valuable for a lot of people. Again, good job.

G.L. Snodgrass | G.L. Snodgrass

Offline BookReport

• View Profile
    • Book Report
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2015, 10:40:14 PM »
Great tool, but there is one teensy weensy problem for those in leading time zones (such as Australia). Today's sales will usually be zero (except for the odd borrow) because we live in the world of tomorrow. Of course, we could just use the historical yesterday's sales page which displays today's sales.

Regardless, it's a bonza tool mate.

Alright, this issue now has a solution in place. If you're in a leading time zone, and you'd like your "Today" data to be for one day earlier than the current date on your computer, head over to the settings page. If you change the Move today back one day: to Yes, you will be able to watch your sales roll in live on the Today tab.

Hope that helps some people!
I run Book Report. If you haven't tried it, please give it a shot. I think you'll find it quite useful!

Click here to learn more!

Offline Herc- The Reluctant Geek

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Reluctant Geek
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2015, 10:47:54 PM »
Alright, this issue now has a solution in place. If you're in a leading time zone, and you'd like your "Today" data to be for one day earlier than the current date on your computer, head over to the settings page. If you change the Move today back one day: to Yes, you will be able to watch your sales roll in live on the Today tab.

Nice. Well worth a double Bonza, and I'll throw in a strewth as well.

Offline BookReport

• View Profile
    • Book Report
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2015, 10:49:50 PM »
Nice. Well worth a double Bonza, and I'll throw in a strewth as well.

I'll assume that means something nice. Sorry for not realizing there would be a bug for you guys in the first place!
I run Book Report. If you haven't tried it, please give it a shot. I think you'll find it quite useful!

TobiasRoote

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »

WoW! How cool is that, it serves to give me yesterday's total on demand too. (Yeah! I know its an option just wanted too say WOW :P )

One thing. If you leave the browser running overnight (I do) and look up the month so far it slips to the 2nd April - 14th. Since I refreshed the page and pressed the button again the problem's gone away.

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2015, 11:01:37 PM »
Liam, go to bed.

Offline BookReport

• View Profile
    • Book Report
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2015, 11:03:09 PM »
WoW! How cool is that, it serves to give me yesterday's total on demand too.

One thing. If you leave the browser running overnight (I do) and look up the month so far it slips to the 2nd April - 14th. Since I refreshed the page and pressed the button again the problem's gone away.

Oh, you're right. That's a bug. I'll get to fixing it soon.

Liam, go to bed.

But I just pushed some new code to the tool and what if it breaks everything while I'm sleeping! Alright, I'll admit that's a silly excuse. But I'm on the west coast anyway, it's only 11.

Offline Silly Writer

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2015, 11:07:27 PM »
Only 11? Well in that case...keep going!

I'll add my voice in that it would be super-duper to pay extra for ''wide reporting' in the future. Such as B&N, GooglePlay, etc...

And, hoping for PayPal too.  ;D

Offline M.B. Ryther

• Eastern Washington
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »
Absolutely blown away by this! Simple, powerful, and idiot-proof. Highly, highly recommend!

Offline Huldra

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2015, 12:26:21 AM »
I don't know what's best - the tool or your responsiveness here. (Okay, it's the tool, but only because it has some seriously sexy graphs)

I'll add my voice in that it would be super-duper to pay extra for ''wide reporting' in the future. Such as B&N, GooglePlay, etc...

This. So much this. I know it would require a whole new round of coding so not exactly an easy update, but please, please consider this in the future. The hours of work it would save me every month would be ridiculous.

TobiasRoote

« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2015, 12:31:05 AM »

Actually, don't - it will seriously screw around with my procrastination timetable - I would have to start writing much, much earlier. :(

Offline Herc- The Reluctant Geek

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Reluctant Geek
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2015, 12:35:54 AM »
idiot-proof

No fair! I need more time...

Offline BookReport

• View Profile
    • Book Report
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »
I don't know what's best - the tool or your responsiveness here. (Okay, it's the tool, but only because it has some seriously sexy graphs)

This. So much this. I know it would require a whole new round of coding so not exactly an easy update, but please, please consider this in the future. The hours of work it would save me every month would be ridiculous.

Thank you! Using a program like this is all about trust. You need to trust me to keep your data private, to keep everything working, and of course to process your credit card payments! I figure what better way to build trust than talking with everyone, answering questions, and being open about how the program works? I've got nothing to hide, and I believe in the quality of my work. So I'm happy to be responsive!

At some point, you'll get a little notification in Book Report about a survey. On that survey, there will be a question about which other platforms you publish on. When you see that, you'll know that I'm trying to figure out which platforms to expand to.

Offline Holland d'Haas

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2015, 01:09:34 AM »
All this talk about circles and numbers and colors is inspiring me to work quicker just to see what this little gem looks like. Plenty of hype to go around.

Offline Huldra

• United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2015, 01:33:05 AM »
Thank you! Using a program like this is all about trust. You need to trust me to keep your data private, to keep everything working, and of course to process your credit card payments! I figure what better way to build trust than talking with everyone, answering questions, and being open about how the program works? I've got nothing to hide, and I believe in the quality of my work. So I'm happy to be responsive!

At some point, you'll get a little notification in Book Report about a survey. On that survey, there will be a question about which other platforms you publish on. When you see that, you'll know that I'm trying to figure out which platforms to expand to.

You just made my day with that survey comment! Granted, it's going to consist of editing, so it wasn't super competitive, but still!

Everyone who tries to sell something to the indie community should seriously look at this thread as a case study. Well done.

Offline Rinelle Grey

• Brisbane, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:37 AM »
Awesome tool, thanks so much! I'm not at the point of needing the subscription yet, but I'll be sharing this around.

Couple of suggestions of things to add, I'd love to be able to sort by series instead of just pen name. I can sort of do it by choosing each individual book though, so not a big hassle, just a thought. Also, in the earnings by book report, there's no labels to show which book is which. I can sort of guess by looking at the graph below it, but it would get harder for similar earners.

They're just minor improvements though, and it's totally awesome as it is. I'll still keep my individual spreadsheets, but this is going to be so fun to watch throughout the day!

Feel good romance with a touch of magic.
Rinelle grey | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline KaiW

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2015, 02:41:36 AM »
Another cheeky program request if poss  :P. Is there anyway of feeding the app our KDP monthly XL reports from previous months/years so we could keep a Zon 'life sales' tally?
Prob a lot to ask I know but ...
Thanks again, this thing is truly awesome.

Offline theaatkinson

• Canada
  • Fiction to the Left of Mainstream
    • View Profile
    • GonzoInk
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2015, 04:39:45 AM »
I. AM. IN. LOVE!

all caps; yes, I'm shouting with glee.

one q: is the 1000 per month USD? no biggie, as I would def subscribe anyway, but just wondering.

Fiction to the left of Mainstream| Phoenix is FREE
Thea Atkinson | get more freebies

Online Elizabeth Ann West

• Schenectady, NY
  • Our doubts are traitors...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2015, 04:50:14 AM »
Am I missing a way to export the information? All I've been doing is staking screenshots.

Jane-of-all-trades, mistress to none!
Elizabeth Ann West | Read My Stories Free!

Offline MH Sargent

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2015, 06:37:47 AM »
One thing I noticed this morning. One book had a sale, but zero money, so it took me a minute to realize it was because it was returned. Just wanted to pass that along in case it happens to others.

I do wish there wasn't a lag in reports. This morning the total given at the top of the page does not come close to equaling the detail breakdown which does make it confusing. But I don't want to complain. It's a great tool.  ;)

M.H. Sargent

Online Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2015, 06:51:08 AM »

Aside from that, I'm just so impressed and can hardly believe that Amazon reports weren't built with this sort of functionality and ease.

And it's pretty to look at too! :)

Ssh  :-X. Don't tell Amazon or they will be offering to buy Book Report  ;D

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

TobiasRoote

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2015, 06:54:36 AM »
One thing I noticed this morning. One book had a sale, but zero money, so it took me a minute to realize it was because it was returned. Just wanted to pass that along in case it happens to others.
Me, I have the problem the other way. I have it showing sales revenue for 4 books, but it's only showing 1 sale.

Online Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2015, 07:05:56 AM »
 This is probably a dumb question, but I have a capped service and have to watch that I don't go over my allotted GBs per month. If I leave Book Report running does it chew up a lot of mbs (like Skype can do  ::) ) ?

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website