Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 1184849 times)  

Offline KJD1957

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)
« Reply #16625 on: April 21, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
Thunderclap supporters required http://thndr.me/1A0Jy8

Er, no please? No thank you?
No "I'm running a Thunderclap campaign would you mind supporting it and if you do I'll reciprocate?"
Hmmm!  :o

Kerry J Donovan

Online Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: April 21, 2017, 01:48:23 PM »
Oh, wow!! So I have a Kindle Scout campaign going (first one, first novel) and I am NEW to kboards. Came on to check if there was a reply to my post about whether or not we can post our campaign info here for nominations etc. and saw this post!!!

Well, I got the one from Maria Solano and figured it was spam/scammer. I have privacy on my domains and the message was forwarded by the privacy company. Also, heard from Alex, but a quick Google search made me think he, too, is a scammer. BUT the message from Fabiola might have gotten me!!! And, yes, it did include a link, which I did not click, but very possibly would have if I hadn't read these posts! She/he/it used the contact form on my website, so it really seemed legit and I even thought it might be from someone here on kboards trying to help out a fellow author or promote their writing books. Thanks to all who have shared.

Welcome! :) I suspect we might get a few more of these emails before our campaigns are up!
Jennifer Bull | Facebook | Twitter | Website
The Paper Scientist | Tools for Writers (including character booklets, scene cards, and pre-made book covers) available on Etsy

Online Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: April 21, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
Thunderclap supporters required http://thndr.me/1A0Jy8

You've posted this link quite a few times, but you might find people more receptive to helping if you join in the conversations rather than just spamming the thread with a link. Maybe throw in a please and thank you from time to time ;) The people on this thread are very nice... and I'm pretty sure most of them don't bite either.
The Paper Scientist | Tools for Writers (including character booklets, scene cards, and pre-made book covers) available on Etsy

Offline matthewlehr

• View Profile
« Reply #16628 on: April 21, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
Just nominated:
Corsair: The King's X Protocol by Stephen T. Harper, and
Turn by Paul B. Kohler

I wrote about 12 posts yesterday and received 12 kboard views.  Hmmmm....  If I write 1,000 posts today...

Offline Knox

• View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: April 21, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »
You? what about me?

All right, that's it- Scout wine festival!! See ya'll in Virginia tomorrow.

Offline C L Salaski

• View Profile
« Reply #16630 on: April 21, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
I just started a Headtalker campaign for "The Neglected Ones".

I need your help. Please click the link below:

"Free copy? "The Neglected Ones" on Kindle Scout: https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2QDM3IEA9HDBP. https://hdtk.co/7N6JJ"

If I've done something wrong on my Headtalker campaign, please let me know.

Thanks so much!

Cindy

Offline C L Salaski

• View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: April 21, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »
Well, I signed up for Author Shout, as many people have suggested, but haven't seen any spike in views.  I'm in the FINAL STRETCH and would really appreciate a helping hand.  Please nominate my book.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2A7OA8S8JJFFS

I just nominated your book "The Lovers". Gave it five stars for each question. I hope you win!

Offline C L Salaski

• View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: April 21, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »
My three nominations right now are for:

The Flapper Affair

Just Three Dates

The Lovers

Offline Cfoster44

• View Profile
« Reply #16633 on: April 21, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
I wrote about 12 posts yesterday and received 12 kboard views.  Hmmmm....  If I write 1,000 posts today...

You're almost there!

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #16634 on: April 21, 2017, 03:39:18 PM »
Bill - how is that? Do books that aren't selected get a list of those who nominated it so that we can build a mailing list or something? Or is it just organic since people "out there" now know about the book from the campaign?
We don't get the email addresses, but we can send an email through KS to them when our book is published.  The day of release I sold 17 copies without any other promotion going on, with quite a few more the following day.

However, I saw effects far beyond that, which led me to believe that the exposure had some general benefits. For instance, when I was doing other promotions, I often got results three or four times what I had gotten before from the same promoters--odd, to say the least. I also noticed far more international sales than normal, but that may partly have been a function of some of my stories appearing in cross-promotional anthologies that did well internationally at about the same time.

Maybe the book was somehow amazingly more appealing than my earlier work--though clearly not enough to grab the Scout editors--but I think Scout exposure must have had something to do with its success. Of course, getting off to a strong start like that makes the book sticky and leads to additional benefits. I released in early November, and only in April did the book drop back into something like the norm for my other books, though even now it still leads in pages read by a considerable margin, and, counting sales and full read equivalents together, it's still my most active book.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline Norman Prentiss

• View Profile
    • Norman Prentiss
« Reply #16635 on: April 21, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »
Found out about a half hour ago that my LIFE IN A HAUNTED HOUSE wasn't accepted by Kindle Scout.  This 13 day wait was really tough, and it reached the point where I was relieved to know either way (though, of course, I would have been much happier with the opposite result, ha!).

Ready to pick myself up and get psyched for my own release of the book.  I love the novel, and love the tie-in stories I wrote to help promote it, and I hope some of you folks get a chance to read it!

Wishing everybody else continued strong sales, through Kindle Scout or elsewhere...and I'll keep nomming books from Steve's list, because there are many great authors here, and it's such a great community :)

--Norman

Bram Stoker Award Winner for INVISIBLE FENCES and "In the Porches of My Ears"
Norman Prentiss | Author Website | Facebook

Online Lorri Moulton

• Author of Romances, Mysteries, and Fairytales
    • View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #16636 on: April 21, 2017, 04:02:26 PM »
Everyone has their own plans on how to launch their book if Scout doesn't accept it.

I am not a well-known author, so I decided to do what Scout does.  I put my book up for five days as FREE right after I found out.  So, when the emails were sent to my scouts, they could read the book for free, which would have been the case if it had been chosen.

Again, not for everyone...but I had over 700 downloads.  Now, that the book is 99 cents (as low as I can go in KU) I've sold fourteen, but about 2-3 books downloaded on KU every day.  So, much more than any of my other books!

Anyway, just wanted to let others know how it went.  I'll enter another book this fall, just to see if I get the same bump.  Even if it isn't chosen, it's great free advertising! :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:08:54 PM by Lorri Moulton »

Please visit my Amazon author page to see my books...99 cents each, for the month of April.
Lorri Moulton | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter

Offline matthewlehr

• View Profile
« Reply #16637 on: April 21, 2017, 04:15:13 PM »
Well, I signed up for Author Shout, as many people have suggested, but haven't seen any spike in views.  I'm in the FINAL STRETCH and would really appreciate a helping hand.  Please nominate my book.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2A7OA8S8JJFFS

I didn't now about the kboards when I started my campaign, so I only have 2 slots to share, but that means you are next!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:48:50 PM by matthewlehr »

Offline matthewlehr

• View Profile
« Reply #16638 on: April 21, 2017, 04:32:38 PM »
Don't worry, mine's cold and lonely too! :P I think we should ask Scout to create a Cold and Lonely list.

HA!!!  Of course, then we would start stressing when we didn't see our books on the C&L list or the H&T list.

Offline RWhite7699

• Hershey, PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16639 on: April 21, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

"Free copy? "The Neglected Ones" on Kindle Scout: https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2QDM3IEA9HDBP. https://hdtk.co/7N6JJ"

Thanks so much!

The link above takes me to your Kindle Scout page. Headtalker is supposed to send you a link for your Headtalker campaign.

Cindy

Ruth White | facebook | Author Central

Offline Dan Petrosini author

• View Profile
« Reply #16640 on: April 21, 2017, 07:35:17 PM »
All right, that's it- Scout wine festival!! See ya'll in Virginia tomorrow.

I've been driving up from Florida for hours and can't fine you guys.... Dan
My work in progress: 40%
Dan Petrosini | blog

Offline C L Salaski

• View Profile
« Reply #16641 on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

Thank you for catching that error!

Here is the correct link to my headtalker campaign:

https://headtalker.com/campaigns/the-neglected-ones-novel/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:13:06 PM by C L Salaski »

Offline Paul Kohler

• Littleton, Colorado
    • View Profile
    • PaulKohler.net
« Reply #16642 on: April 21, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »
Thank you all for who've nominated Turn as it nears the end! I've been nonstop nominating everyone on Steve's list as they near the top. Even after my campaign is over, I'll continue to stick around here until I catch everyone who's mentioned they've nominated my book (yeah, I've been keeping tabs!). Good luck to everyone that is nearing the end. I'm going to be toasting a glass of champagne when it's over, too. Not because I think it'll get a contract, but because it's my wife's and my 24th anniversary on the same day! How cool is that?
Turn, Book One of the Humanity's Edge Trilogy is available for Preorder, with publication on May 30th! Click the cover today!
Paul B. Kohler | author website | facebook | twitter

Online Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #16643 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:12 PM »
Sorry, Norman, that's harsh they made you wait 13 days... although maybe it means you were really close. Best of luck with the launch!

Online Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #16644 on: April 21, 2017, 11:45:09 PM »
Congrats on the successful launch, Lorri! Thanks for sharing your stats and I hope the sales keep going!

Online Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #16645 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:38 PM »
Good luck, Paul! And happy Wedding Anniversary for tomorrow :)

Offline KJD1957

• View Profile
« Reply #16646 on: April 22, 2017, 12:26:43 AM »

Thanks so much!

Cindy
Cindy, those links take me to the KS pages.

Kerry J Donovan

Offline KJD1957

• View Profile
« Reply #16647 on: April 22, 2017, 12:32:02 AM »
Found out about a half hour ago that my LIFE IN A HAUNTED HOUSE wasn't accepted by Kindle Scout.  This 13 day wait was really tough, and it reached the point where I was relieved to know either way (though, of course, I would have been much happier with the opposite result, ha!).

Ready to pick myself up and get psyched for my own release of the book.  I love the novel, and love the tie-in stories I wrote to help promote it, and I hope some of you folks get a chance to read it!

Wishing everybody else continued strong sales, through Kindle Scout or elsewhere...and I'll keep nomming books from Steve's list, because there are many great authors here, and it's such a great community :)

--Norman

Aw crap, Norman. Commiserations.
Bloody good luck with the release, mate.
I hate all this bad news, but I guess we didn't become authors to win any popularity contests ... wait a minute, yes we did! Damn it! :(

Kerry J Donovan

Offline KJD1957

• View Profile
« Reply #16648 on: April 22, 2017, 12:35:20 AM »

...but I had over 700 downloads.  Now, that the book is 99 cents (as low as I can go in KU) I've sold fourteen, but about 2-3 books downloaded on KU every day.  So, much more than any of my other books!

Anyway, just wanted to let others know how it went.  I'll enter another book this fall, just to see if I get the same bump.  Even if it isn't chosen, it's great free advertising! :)
Thanks for the info Lorri.
Copy what Az does? Can't fault that for a good idea. Nice numbers, too.
See you again in the autumn.
Meanwhile, best of luck with sales and KENP reads. :)

Kerry J Donovan

Offline KJD1957

• View Profile
« Reply #16649 on: April 22, 2017, 12:37:13 AM »
HA!!!  Of course, then we would start stressing when we didn't see our books on the C&L list or the H&T list.

C&L? All my books are on that list, Matthew.
I've grown exposure immunity to the stress on that front. :(

Kerry J Donovan