Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 2035194 times)  

Online Patricia KC

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)
« Reply #18575 on: June 06, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »
Stop! Positive thoughts only [emoji2]

Sure. Okay. Uh-huh.  ;)

Seconded!!

I may have mentioned Writer Brain a few days ago...

I'm not expecting any tree cutting tool gravity events for your book.  I'm hoping for some good news and another win for the members of this thread!  I know it's never a done deal, and folks who have been selected before aren't always selected again, but I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.  I think you've got a real chance.

Thank you Julianne. I hope the crossed digits aren't causing too much pain! (Mine sure are.)

Offline Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #18576 on: June 06, 2017, 05:13:51 PM »
They did cut the contract without really telling anyone down to 3 months (from 2 years). I requested and got my audio rights back and now my entire series (books I,II, and III, plus my short novella) are all under production. With my next book, if KP takes it I'll request the rights back right after the 3 months are up and if it isn't picked I'll put the book right into production as soon as possible!
This is good news. I suppose they figure the first 90 days would be enough for them to tell if they wanted to take the plunge on audio. Since they haven't yet, at least as far as I know, I'm guessing they probably won't, except under very unusual circumstances, so it's good they're willing to revert those rights so quickly.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Offline shansunr

• Chennai, India
    • View Profile
    • MIBU & The New Millennium
« Reply #18577 on: June 06, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
Hi, All!

Not asking for nominations at this point (day 2) but a few page views, if you've got a minute, would help kick off the campaign (I think that's how it works). Thanks!
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/30V2LKXT7BAE0

I opened it and saved it for later , Flynn. Eager to read your life story :)

Shan R | Shan blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Yvonne Crowe

• View Profile
« Reply #18578 on: June 06, 2017, 08:17:47 PM »
Looking for support in nominating my Kindle Scout campaign for my latest thriller Beyond Gaza  http://amzn.to/2rOpTZO
I came across this great thread. You are all so supportive of each other.
More than happy to help out other nominees. Steve Vernon's daily list makes this accessible and easy. Thanks Steve.

I'm not sure if the image of my cover is going to show up.  I followed the instructions to create an image to the letter. Fingers Crossed.

Best of luck to all the nominees.

Offline Yvonne Crowe

• View Profile
« Reply #18579 on: June 06, 2017, 08:19:42 PM »
Darn that image did not come up. I can also add an image to the profile if I can figure this thing out

Offline RaffertyBlack

• View Profile
    • Rafferty Black
« Reply #18580 on: June 06, 2017, 10:57:58 PM »
Hmm...Victorine is already a NYT bestseller apparently. Helps to have 300+ reviews I guess! :)  (grumble...grumble...moan...moan...)

Been a spell since I've posted on this thread. I've been quietly nominating and watching the trends. I've noticed a slight shift. Seems KS, much like BookBub, started out as something for the Indie, but eventually became home for the big boys. I've seen multiple NYT bestselling authors run campaigns on KS in the last 6 months and have all been selected for publication. If the trend continues, indie's will, again, be left out and go off in search of some other place to flourish. Rather suckie in my opinion, but I understand that it's just business. Good luck to everyone on the thread!

Offline JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
    • Julianne Q Johnson- pictures and words
« Reply #18581 on: June 07, 2017, 01:40:11 AM »
Been a spell since I've posted on this thread. I've been quietly nominating and watching the trends. I've noticed a slight shift. Seems KS, much like BookBub, started out as something for the Indie, but eventually became home for the big boys. I've seen multiple NYT bestselling authors run campaigns on KS in the last 6 months and have all been selected for publication. If the trend continues, indie's will, again, be left out and go off in search of some other place to flourish. Rather suckie in my opinion, but I understand that it's just business. Good luck to everyone on the thread!

The thing is, Victorine is an Indie author.  Her book that was on the NYT eBook bestseller list was published by CreateSpace and the Kindle edition by ADS, which is what it says when you publish it yourself.  She doesn't have some big publisher backing her up, nor has she left any publisher to slum it at KS.  I guess I look at KS as a great place for Indie authors, but not a place only for Indie authors of a lower level of success in the self-pub world.  Victorine has done well for herself through her own hard work just like all of us, and personally, I think she sets an awesome example of what we're all trying to achieve.  That's just how I look at it, of course.  Everyone has their own personal way to look at the crazy world that is KS.

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • Kindle Scout Kahuna since 2015
    • View Profile
    • MY WEBSITE
« Reply #18582 on: June 07, 2017, 04:02:50 AM »
It's Wednesday. My mouse is acting a little wonky. I'm going to feed the mouse to the cat and go over to WalMart later this week and buy a new one. I use the mouse for an AWFUL lot of cutting and pasting.

Let's get on with today's list, shall we?

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

1 day left No Place in Eden by Hilary Murray
1 day left The Things We Do For Love by Anita Louise
2 days left Plunge by John Greco
2 days left The Smart One by Joe Clifford Faust
3 days left The Book Knights by J.G. Mckenney
3 days left Night of the Webcam by Robertson Tait
3 days left Thread of a Spider by D.L. Gardner
5 days left Fallen from Grace by Nikki Landis
5 days left The Modern Mage by T.J. Flaxman
8 days left Shipley Bridge by David Thompson
10 days left Black Sun Ascension by T.S. Starkenberg
10 days left Finding Home Again by Mary Head
12 days left Self Possessed by Lee Isserow
15 days left Nick of Time by Julianne Q. Johnson
17 days left The Everett Exorcism by Lincoln Cole
18 days left The Shadow Girl by Misty Mount
22 days left Beyond Gaza by Yvonne Crow
23 days left Heart of Time by Skye Mackinnon
25 days left Justice Returns by William Bernhardt
26 days left I Rode for the Wigglin' W by Flynn Mcguin
29 days left The Summoner by M.C. Glan
29 days left The Book of Witches by Leena Maria

I put this list up every morning and I strive to keep it up-to-date so that this thread needn't dissolve into a flurry of "NOMINATE MY BOOK, NOMINATE MY BOOK" posts. No one is under any obligation to nominate any of these books. I'm just trying to keep the thread clear of unnecessary clutter. This way once a day there is a complete list of current candidates and folks can readily check out the kboards members who have a book in the running and can make up their own mind. I try and stay nonpartisan about it - which is why I don't comment on any particular book by title. I just keep the list.

If I have missed anyone please let me know either with a PM or by posting a link here in the thread.

Happy scouting folks!

Do you want to see how Kindle Scout winning authors cook? Grab this free cookbook today!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0175UM12W

Offline Mark Wakely

• View Profile
    • An Audience For Einstein 10th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #18583 on: June 07, 2017, 05:11:10 AM »
Had three open slots and nominated:

No Place in Eden by Hilary Murray
The Things We Do For Love by Anita Louise
Plunge by John Greco

Good luck to all three!

Mark

Offline Leena Maria

• Ancient Egypt, adventure and children's books
    • View Profile
    • Leenasbooks
« Reply #18584 on: June 07, 2017, 05:54:03 AM »
I have just joined and nominated The Shadow Girl
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2PZVST8B2K3C8

I stumbled on Kindle Scout by accident, really - I had not heard of it when I published my first book, heard of it but didn't have time to have a peek when I wrote my second fantasy ebook, my two children's children's books (and well, a third one as well which I am illustrating at the moment). But then, just as I was going to publish my Space Witches book 1, I someone mentioned Kindle Scout program to me again. I was one enter away from publishing my book myself, but thought I'd have a look, applied and to my surprise the book was accepted for the nomination phase! Knock me down with the proverbial feather.

I won't be choking forums  with nominate-my-book kind of posts, so I'll just say this once:  If anyone is interested in witches (good and bad), angels (well, one ancient angel called Anthony), demons (his name is George and he eats flies and has horns), bored dead people (teenagers who have passed away before their time), curses and spells and ancient Egypt (I just can't help it, ancient Egypt is in some form in all my books), you are welcome to have a peek at my

Book of Witches:

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/6S90FS4FDI38

There. All done.

Now I'll go and search for two more books to nominate. I love fantasy, mythology, historical fiction, sleuths...

This is really a very interesting concept... Much like in the "good old days" when there were no ebooks and I frequented the local bookshops, picking up books and reading the first few pages. They really show very fast if the book is of the kind you'd like to continue reading.

Best of luck to everyone whose book is waiting for nominations!

Leena :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:56:34 AM by Leena Maria »
I hold the Diploma of Egyptology from the University of Manchester. I've written all my life. Count 1+1 = ancient Egypt features in all my books. (I'm also an artist and illustrate my children's books myself)
Ancient Egypt, adventure and mythology
Leena Maria | Author website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline skyemackinnon

• Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • Skye MacKinnon Website
« Reply #18585 on: June 07, 2017, 06:04:40 AM »

I won't be choking forums  with nominate-my-book kind of posts, so I'll just say this once:  If anyone is interested in witches (good and bad), angels (well, one ancient angel called Anthony), demons (his name is George and he eats flies and has horns), bored dead people (teenagers who have passed away before their time), curses and spells and ancient Egypt (I just can't help it, ancient Egypt is in some form in all my books), you are welcome to have a peek at my

Book of Witches:

Your books sounds amazing, I've saved it for later :) Good luck!
Skye MacKinnon | Website | Twitter| Facebook

Offline Leena Maria

• Ancient Egypt, adventure and children's books
    • View Profile
    • Leenasbooks
« Reply #18586 on: June 07, 2017, 06:19:50 AM »
Awww - thank you!

Leena  :)
I hold the Diploma of Egyptology from the University of Manchester. I've written all my life. Count 1+1 = ancient Egypt features in all my books. (I'm also an artist and illustrate my children's books myself)
Ancient Egypt, adventure and mythology
Leena Maria | Author website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #18587 on: June 07, 2017, 06:32:33 AM »

I stumbled on Kindle Scout by accident, really - I had not heard of it when I published my first book, heard of it but didn't have time to have a peek when I wrote my second fantasy ebook, my two children's children's books (and well, a third one as well which I am illustrating at the moment). But then, just as I was going to publish my Space Witches book 1, I someone mentioned Kindle Scout program to me again. I was one enter away from publishing my book myself, but thought I'd have a look, applied and to my surprise the book was accepted for the nomination phase! Knock me down with the proverbial feather.

Book of Witches:

There. All done.

Now I'll go and search for two more books to nominate. I love fantasy, mythology, historical fiction, sleuths...

This is really a very interesting concept... Much like in the "good old days" when there were no ebooks and I frequented the local bookshops, picking up books and reading the first few pages. They really show very fast if the book is of the kind you'd like to continue reading.

Welcome! Steve should get you added in no time and it should go well for you. Your book looks really cool so hopefully you'll hear some good news!

Offline Alyson Larrabee

• Easton, MA
    • View Profile
    • https://alysonlarrabee.wordpress.com/author/alysonlarrabee/
« Reply #18588 on: June 07, 2017, 06:42:01 AM »

Book of Witches:

There. All done.

Well, I'm interested! Just saved it to nominate later. Love your quirky voice and genre. Good Luck.

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #18589 on: June 07, 2017, 06:56:05 AM »
Today is an auspicious day for my campaign...

My Raven's Peak Campaign netted 4,550 page views for the entire run.

The Everett Exorcism has surpassed that already today with 17 days to go!

Not only that, but all of the big promotions that I'm actually hoping drive a lot of traffic haven't even started yet. With luck, things will only continue to skyrocket from here!

Offline Alyson Larrabee

• Easton, MA
    • View Profile
    • https://alysonlarrabee.wordpress.com/author/alysonlarrabee/
« Reply #18590 on: June 07, 2017, 07:00:21 AM »

Not only that, but all of the big promotions that I'm actually hoping drive a lot of traffic haven't even started yet. With luck, things will only continue to skyrocket from here!

Congratulations! That's amazing.

Online Patricia KC

• View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: June 07, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »

WOW! Congratulations!

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #18592 on: June 07, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »

Offline shansunr

• Chennai, India
    • View Profile
    • MIBU & The New Millennium
« Reply #18593 on: June 07, 2017, 08:01:28 AM »

Book of Witches:

There. All done.

Welcome to the group , Leena! Good luck with your campaign. Yeah, i read the first few pages of The Shadow Girl and it looks interesting. Have saved this for later leaving slots for last day nominations.

Shan R | Shan blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline byjehunter

• View Profile
    • J. E. Hunter
« Reply #18594 on: June 07, 2017, 08:56:54 AM »

That's great, Lincoln. I can't wait to see your final numbers, maybe you will break the charts. Also looking forward to your next blog post!

J. E. Hunter | Blog

Offline JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
    • Julianne Q Johnson- pictures and words
« Reply #18595 on: June 07, 2017, 09:19:49 AM »
Leena-  Took a look and have your book saved for later.  It looks like my cup of tea and I love your cover.

Lincoln- you are a rock star!  Your hard work is paying off and your campaign is awesome.

I just hit the halfway point for Nick of Time. 294 hours H&T and 1.8k page views.  Best campaign I've had so far and I'm pleased as punch. 
Speaking of which, why is punch so pleased?  And why are all those clams so dang happy? :D

Offline Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #18596 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »

Wow, congrats! That's fab!
Jennifer Bull | Facebook | Twitter | Website
The Paper Scientist | Tools for Writers (including character booklets, scene cards, and pre-made book covers) available on Etsy

Offline Jennifer Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #18597 on: June 07, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
Leena-  Took a look and have your book saved for later.  It looks like my cup of tea and I love your cover.

Lincoln- you are a rock star!  Your hard work is paying off and your campaign is awesome.

I just hit the halfway point for Nick of Time. 294 hours H&T and 1.8k page views.  Best campaign I've had so far and I'm pleased as punch. 
Speaking of which, why is punch so pleased?  And why are all those clams so dang happy? :D

Congrats, Julianne! Those numbers are looking fab!
Jennifer Bull | Facebook | Twitter | Website
The Paper Scientist | Tools for Writers (including character booklets, scene cards, and pre-made book covers) available on Etsy

Offline Dan Petrosini author

• View Profile
    • Dan's website
« Reply #18598 on: June 07, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
Fab! I'm so pleased The Final Enemy is doing well... your Amazon rankings are great! The Scouts will be disappointed they didn't pick it up at this rate ;)

I'm good, thanks. I should (hopefully) have my book launching in the next week or so. I've tweaked the cover slightly, edited a few things, and I now just have to do a final read-through to catch any remaining pesky errors before it releases.
Sounds like a plan!  DId you get it edited or did it yourself?

My work in progress: 40%
Dan Petrosini | blog

Offline Dan Petrosini author

• View Profile
    • Dan's website
« Reply #18599 on: June 07, 2017, 12:57:32 PM »
Good for you, Dan!  Glad to hear it!  My last KS book did terribly, but I have high hopes for this next one.  Sorry to jump into your conversation, it's just nice to hear some good news from a thread author.
Thanks!
It is exhausting though to have to promote!  No time to write... You are prolific!
Hope this one snags the gold ring!
Best to you Dan

My work in progress: 40%
Dan Petrosini | blog