KB Featured Book
No Direction Home
by Elizabeth Burns

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-05-20
Bestseller ranking: 81281

Product Description
Hunter Grayson flits from job to job, relationship to relationship, continent to continent until thetragic death of her parents brings her back to her childhood home.While trying to figure out how to move forward, she meets wild, fun Natalya Haven, who quickly becomes the sister she never had. But when Natalya moves in, their friendship unravels.
A second tragedy sends Hunter to a small town in New Mexico, a town out of her own past. For Hunter, that's more than a coincidence, that's fate. Natalya's family will fill the void in her life. Natalya's parents will become her parents. She and Natalya's brother will fall in love. But nothing is ever that simple....

Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 1177158 times)  

Online SlimMoran

• View Profile
    • THE LOST SPY
Re: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)
« Reply #18900 on: June 18, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »
Morning all- another rainy day in NYC.  Happy Father's day to all the dads out there!
I've got --
Self Possessed by Lee Isserow
Nick of Time by Julianne Q. Johnson
October Winds in my nom list.

I still can't figure out how to add my cover below -So I am adding the ink below.
Have a great Sunday!
- Kate
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2568G1JZD7MI7

Offline skyemackinnon

• Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • Skye MacKinnon Website
« Reply #18901 on: June 18, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
Morning all- another rainy day in NYC.  Happy Father's day to all the dads out there!
I've got --
Self Possessed by Lee Isserow
Nick of Time by Julianne Q. Johnson
October Winds in my nom list.

I still can't figure out how to add my cover below -So I am adding the ink below.
Have a great Sunday!
- Kate
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2568G1JZD7MI7

Have a look at this thread to find out how to add your links to your signature: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,46766.0.html
I only figured it out on Friday :D
Heart of Time 2: 5%

Endangered Love: 100%
Please vote for Heart of Time on Kindle Scout
Skye MacKinnon | Kindle Scout | Website | Facebook

Offline stillmyheart

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Imaginary Lit(erature)
« Reply #18902 on: June 18, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
And that's me officially done! 207 hours in H&T, and 1850 views. That's slightly better than my first campaign (205 hours in H&T, and 1695 views), but I feel like it's roughly the same in the grand scheme of things. The biggest difference was my internal vs. external views, my first campaign was largely skewed towards external, but this one was skewed heavily internal. At any rate, it's in the hands of the KS gods now. Thanks, everybody, for your nominations and support!

Online JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
    • Julianne Q Johnson- pictures and words
« Reply #18903 on: June 18, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »
Lucy- I'm on my 4th campaign in a row as well.  I'm just starting out self-publishing, and it's a great way to get eyes on your books even if you aren't selected.

David- Thanks for the nom!  I can't believe I'm up to bat already.

Patrick- Wow, 13 days!  It seems like the past few weeks KS has been a bit slow to get the word out.  Keeping my fingers crossed you get good news soon.

Slim- Thanks for the nom!

Mary- those stats are not bad at all!  Good for you!  I've got a good campaign going at the moment, but yours beats my first three.  Fingers crossed for you.

Offline stillmyheart

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Imaginary Lit(erature)
« Reply #18904 on: June 18, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »
Mary- those stats are not bad at all!  Good for you!  I've got a good campaign going at the moment, but yours beats my first three.  Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you! I just added yours to my noms, it sounds really interesting, I look forward to reading it!

Offline Lucy LeClair

• View Profile
« Reply #18905 on: June 18, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »
That's very kind of you Lucy. The authors on here usually nominate the top three from Steve Vernon's list. When Cave Hill gets to the top I'd really appreciate your nomination. Steve puts up the list every morning. It's really good because then all the authors here get an ending spike that usually gets them into Hot and Trending. You'll find lots of good information on this thread. Several authors have been selected for Kindle Scout. Unfortunately I'm not one of them...yet! :)

Thanks for the tips, David!
Lucy LeClair | My Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon

Offline HilaryM

• View Profile
« Reply #18906 on: June 18, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »
Shipley Bridge is in review. Cave Hill starts today!

Added Cave Hill to my saved list. Loved the excerpt of Shipley Bridge and this one too - perhaps because I'm ex-WRNS? :D

Nominated top three. Good Luck everyone!

Hilary Murray | Website | Facebook

Offline Erock

• COLORADO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18907 on: June 18, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »
And that's me officially done! 207 hours in H&T, and 1850 views. That's slightly better than my first campaign (205 hours in H&T, and 1695 views), but I feel like it's roughly the same in the grand scheme of things. The biggest difference was my internal vs. external views, my first campaign was largely skewed towards external, but this one was skewed heavily internal. At any rate, it's in the hands of the KS gods now. Thanks, everybody, for your nominations and support!

Congratulations! This is my first post on this forum. I can't believe I didn't find it until now. I enjoyed reading the excerpt of your book. Good luck!
The Absolutely Amazing Adventures of The League of Ordinary Old Dogs: 60%

Welcome to Suck: 20%
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
Erock | facebook

Offline Lucy LeClair

• View Profile
« Reply #18908 on: June 18, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »
Lucy- I'm on my 4th campaign in a row as well.  I'm just starting out self-publishing, and it's a great way to get eyes on your books even if you aren't selected.

That's awesome, Julianne! I certainly got some eyes on my book when I first published it a couple of weeks ago through the announcement Amazon does, but it wasn't as much as I was led to believe it would be. But any eyes are always welcome.

Best of luck with your current book. Which is it so I can add it to my list?

Offline stillmyheart

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Imaginary Lit(erature)
« Reply #18909 on: June 18, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »
Congratulations! This is my first post on this forum. I can't believe I didn't find it until now. I enjoyed reading the excerpt of your book. Good luck!

Thank you, and welcome!

Offline David Thompson

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18910 on: June 18, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
You can ask the support team to upload a revised excerpt for you.  I had a formatting issue in my first campaign. They reloaded the excerpt I sent them and it was fine. Click Your Campaigns and Contact Us . Your call, of course, but I would do it this early in the campaign.

Good idea, Jada...will do. Thanks.

Bar Girl is FREE!
David Thompson | Cave Hill KS Campaign!

Offline David Thompson

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18911 on: June 18, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »
Added Cave Hill to my saved list. Loved the excerpt of Shipley Bridge and this one too - perhaps because I'm ex-WRNS? :D

Nominated top three. Good Luck everyone!

Thanks Hilary...always nice to meet a Jenny :)

Bar Girl is FREE!
David Thompson | Cave Hill KS Campaign!

Online JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18912 on: June 18, 2017, 07:26:07 PM »
That's awesome, Julianne! I certainly got some eyes on my book when I first published it a couple of weeks ago through the announcement Amazon does, but it wasn't as much as I was led to believe it would be. But any eyes are always welcome.

Best of luck with your current book. Which is it so I can add it to my list?
It's very true that the amount of eyes on you get varies from campaign to campaign.  Your ending stats for the campaign tell you how many people looked at the page, but not how many actually nominated. Only folks who nominated get the published notification.  Some folks have rocking campaigns that have over 6k page views, and a more average campaign gets in the 1k range, then there's tons of folks in between.  Of the people who nominated, only a percentage are going to be willing to buy when they don't get it free.  And it also depends heavily on how much other promotion one does at launch to get it in people's faces.  Any free thing that points your book out to people is a good thing, no matter what the numbers.  KS is the best free promotion I've run into so far.

My book is Nick of Time, and the link is on Steve's list.  4 more days to go!

Online JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18913 on: June 18, 2017, 07:30:01 PM »
Patrick, I just saw the news about Imaginary.  So sorry it wasn't picked, and I wish you oodles of sales when it comes out.  Don't forget to use the notify button on your campaign page when you publish.  And it can go out immediately or take a few days, as KS sends the notifications out in batches.

Offline Lucy LeClair

• View Profile
« Reply #18914 on: June 18, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
It's very true that the amount of eyes on you get varies from campaign to campaign.  Your ending stats for the campaign tell you how many people looked at the page, but not how many actually nominated. Only folks who nominated get the published notification.  Some folks have rocking campaigns that have over 6k page views, and a more average campaign gets in the 1k range, then there's tons of folks in between.  Of the people who nominated, only a percentage are going to be willing to buy when they don't get it free.  And it also depends heavily on how much other promotion one does at launch to get it in people's faces.  Any free thing that points your book out to people is a good thing, no matter what the numbers.  KS is the best free promotion I've run into so far.

My book is Nick of Time, and the link is on Steve's list.  4 more days to go!

I just nominated Nick of Time and the other two first books on Steve's list. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of how things are done around here. ;D Your book sounds fascinating!

Online Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • "Kindle Scout Kahuna"
    • View Profile
    • MY WEBSITE
« Reply #18915 on: June 19, 2017, 01:57:39 AM »
It's Monday, so let's get on with today's list, shall we?

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT! Self Possessed by Lee Isserow
3 days left Nick of Time by Julianne Q. Johnson
5 days left The Everett Exorcism by Lincoln Cole
6 days left The Shadow Girl by Misty Mount
10 days left Beyond Gaza by Yvonne Crow
10 days left The Lost Spy by Kate Moira Ryan
11 days left Heart of Time by Skye Mackinnon
13 days left Justice Returns by William Bernhardt
14 days left I Rode for the Wigglin' W by Flynn Mcguin
17 days left The Summoner by M.C. Glan
17 days left The Book of Witches by Leena Maria
17 days left Unknown Presence by Alicia Rivoli
18 days left Hunter's Soul by Stacey Oakley
18 days left The Lost Word of Khymera, Part II by Theresa A. James
26 days left October Winds by Katie Mettner
28 days left Cave Hill by David Thompson

I put this list up every morning and I strive to keep it up-to-date so that this thread needn't dissolve into a flurry of "NOMINATE MY BOOK, NOMINATE MY BOOK" posts. No one is under any obligation to nominate any of these books. I'm just trying to keep the thread clear of unnecessary clutter. This way once a day there is a complete list of current candidates and folks can readily check out the kboards members who have a book in the running and can make up their own mind. I try and stay nonpartisan about it - which is why I don't comment on any particular book by title. I just keep the list.

If I have missed anyone please let me know either with a PM or by posting a link here in the thread.

Happy scouting folks!

Online lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #18916 on: June 19, 2017, 05:26:41 AM »
Another blog post today! In this one I discuss a bunch of the promotions I ran and their results!

Check it out Here

Offline Rachel W

• View Profile
« Reply #18917 on: June 19, 2017, 06:04:45 AM »
Hi All, I just found this thread and wanted to introduce myself as I have just submitted a book onto Kindle Scout. (My book is Tikopia).  Its really good to find other people who are going through this experience  - I've been obsessed with reading other people's blogs which has been really helpful and I have booked a campaign with Author Shout so will see how that goes.   

This is my first novel ever and I have absolutely no contacts or mailing list bar 70 followers on Facebook and about 3k on Twitter.  I must say I'm finding it very nerve wracking seeing my book on the Hot and Trending list with no idea what is keeping it there, or what I can do to influence it!  I look forward to chatting with you all.

Online lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #18918 on: June 19, 2017, 06:06:04 AM »
Hi All, I just found this thread and wanted to introduce myself as I have just submitted a book onto Kindle Scout. (My book is Tikopia).  Its really good to find other people who are going through this experience  - I've been obsessed with reading other people's blogs which has been really helpful and I have booked a campaign with Author Shout so will see how that goes.   

This is my first novel ever and I have absolutely no contacts or mailing list bar 70 followers on Facebook and about 3k on Twitter.  I must say I'm finding it very nerve wracking seeing my book on the Hot and Trending list with no idea what is keeping it there, or what I can do to influence it!  I look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome aboard and good luck! You definitely came to the right place to be absorbed in this process!

Online JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18919 on: June 19, 2017, 07:11:21 AM »
Lucy- Thanks for the nom!

Rachel- Welcome to the madness!  If you recently submitted, then being on the recently added list is often enough to get on the H&T list for a few days.  If you post a link, Steve V can add you to his awesome list and the folks in this thread will give you a nice boost towards the end of the campaign.

Online SlimMoran

• View Profile
    • THE LOST SPY
« Reply #18920 on: June 19, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
Thank you for the help, Skye! Hopefully, the cover will appear below when I post this. Lincoln your trailer is as my kids say 'amazeballs' and your last blog post has been incredibly helpful to my 10 day countdown.

I've got my Kboards banner ad running tomorrow and Just Kindle Books promo today. Authorshout has been amazing and so has readper. So thank you for those suggestions.

Since everyone has been so helpful - Here's some marketing tips that have worked well for me--

My MailChimp appeal to my email list has gone pretty well and every morning I do something I call reach outs -- I reach out to 20-25 Facebook friends with a personal request.  I also post on 10-15 FREE AUTHOR PROMO FB pages which Lincoln listed in his Kindle Scout Guide - if this is your first-time on Kindle Scout - get the guide- it breaks down everything and read his blog.

I am going to maybe try google or twitter ads-  I'm a bit shy on using those because I'm scared that I'll inadvertently exceed my budget and use my boys' college funds.
That's all it's muggy in NYC and I'm packing the boys off to sleepaway camp (one gone already- two to go!)
Have a great day - Kate
http://amzn.to/2sayWBA

Offline Rachel W

• View Profile
« Reply #18921 on: June 19, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »
Welcome aboard and good luck! You definitely came to the right place to be absorbed in this process!

Thanks Lincoln - I read your blog last night and it was really helpful,  I've got a campaign running on Author shout and my book has been in H&T all day but I have no idea whether the two are related!  I noticed that 90% of my traffic is internal and only 10% generated by marketing.  What is everyone else seeing? Is this unusual?

Offline ID Johnson

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18922 on: June 19, 2017, 11:31:41 AM »
Thanks Lincoln - I read your blog last night and it was really helpful,  I've got a campaign running on Author shout and my book has been in H&T all day but I have no idea whether the two are related!  I noticed that 90% of my traffic is internal and only 10% generated by marketing.  What is everyone else seeing? Is this unusual?

When your book first hits the Recently Added section, you tend to stay in Hot and Trending regardless of what you're doing outside of KS because so many people are checking it out and saving it or nominating it right awy.  That's not always the case, but since there are not a lot of other books in Recently Added, that might be why. It would explain the high percentage of Internal views vs. External views as well. Once more books come on, you could slip off--but not if people really like your book (which hopefully they will!) or you are doing a lot of external promos. Those could keep it on for a very long time.
I have your book saved and will nominate when your campaign is closer to ending. Best of luck!!

Offline ritastradling

• Arcata
    • View Profile
    • Rita Stradling Books
« Reply #18923 on: June 19, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »

Hey guys :-) I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm still checking the lists and nominating.

So, Lincoln, Louise, Jacqueline, and I (along with several other Kindle Press authors) are doing a Facebook and Twitter Q & A about going through Kindle Scout and being published through Kindle Press. The Q & A is on Wednesday June 21st (all day). You're all invited! Feel free to ask anything, and if you want to ask your questions in advance, you can do so on the party invite or on the Q&A page.

Here is the party invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/831256907023915/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:33:05 PM by ritastradling »

Rita Stradling | blog | website | facebook | twitter

Offline skyemackinnon

• Edinburgh, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • Skye MacKinnon Website
« Reply #18924 on: June 19, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »
My book has had between 90 and 85% internal traffic so far, and today is Day 19. Don't think that's completely normal though :)
Heart of Time 2: 5%

Endangered Love: 100%
Please vote for Heart of Time on Kindle Scout
Skye MacKinnon | Kindle Scout | Website | Facebook