Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 2066707 times)  

Offline Rena Arun

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)
« Reply #19800 on: July 26, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »
Rena, just to follow up, I did check out your book and loved the writing. I've nominated it. Hope it gets selected :).
That's SO good to hear on the eve of my upcoming Harrowing Last Day, haha  :) Thank you!

Offline margiebk

• View Profile
    • Marjory Kaptanoglu | Novelist & Screenwriter
« Reply #19801 on: July 26, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
I have a question. Some people seem to know how many Kindle Scout page views they have. How would one find out this information?

Thanks!
Margie

Marjory Kaptanoglu | Website | Goodreads | IMDB | Blog | Facebook

Offline DMChappellAuthor

• View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: July 26, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
I have a question. Some people seem to know how many Kindle Scout page views they have. How would one find out this information?

Thanks!
Margie

When you go into your Kindle Scout campaign you click on "view all campaign stats" this will show you views etc.  Just remember, views are not nominations, you will never know how many of those there are.

DMC

Offline KateWarren

• View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: July 26, 2017, 04:15:15 PM »
James, I think you may have seen the news before me! I saw the email come in last night and figured it was going to be a rejection, and couldn't believe it when I saw the news. I'm through the roof excited that Untangling the Black Web was selected.
Thank you James, Julianne, David, Ajit, T E, and Rena for the congrats, and thank you all so much for the guidance and support! I can't wait to release it!
Kate, I know how you feel. I'd been preparing myself for rejection, and found solace in the fact that some great books hadn't been selected. Impulse Spy, and Ryan Kaine have been doing stellar in sales and reviews. Julianne has mentioned going from $50 to $500 in sales and she also commands great reviews. Lincoln's Everett Exorcism had a huge campaign and I'm certain it will do really well when it is released. David also wrote what looks to be an excellent one with Cave Hill and he continues to put them out as quite the prolific author.

So regardless of what happens with selection, you are in good company. Best of luck in your final days! I have everyone on the list saved or nominated

Congrats on being select TJ, that's such good news - just saw my email this morning regarding my free copy!

I think I can deal with the rejection in itself, its just that its so public. But, I know you have to take a chance and keep your chin up!

Offline margiebk

• View Profile
    • Marjory Kaptanoglu | Novelist & Screenwriter
« Reply #19804 on: July 26, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
When you go into your Kindle Scout campaign you click on "view all campaign stats" this will show you views etc.  Just remember, views are not nominations, you will never know how many of those there are.

DMC

Thank you, DMC! I don't know how I missed that. Anyway, they don't seem to have updated the numbers yet, but the campaign just started today. Too bad we don't get to know about the nominations.

Marjory Kaptanoglu | Website | Goodreads | IMDB | Blog | Facebook

Offline KateWarren

• View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: July 26, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »
Just one more name to add to that stellar company TF mentioned. Skye Mackinnon's Heart of Time has been doing well and pre-orders for her Winter Princess have reached over 500! (Kudos to her!)

TF is a wonderful writer and the KS editors noticed and awarded him a well-deserved contract, but I too am preparing myself for disappointment as the odds are long for the stars to align in such a perfect configuration of publisher's taste, market forces, and literary merit.

So, Kate, for the time being, we'll all hang in the balance together! 8)
Yes that is all we can do!  8)

Offline ajitkpanicker

• India
  • Read what you love, not what is trending !!
    • View Profile
    • Ajit Panicker Readers Paradise
« Reply #19806 on: July 26, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
You're very kind, Flynn. Thank you. I hope you know it means a lot.

Looking forward to hearing about "I Rode for the Wigglin' W" going up on KDP (as well as news of your grandchild's birth!  :)
Love your vote of confidence, Ajit! Keep that positive attitude up for all our sakes as mine tends to flag rather a lot! Wishing the same for your novel as well, though I feel confident that whatever the venue may be, much success is in the cards.

No doubt about it ! Where there is a will there is a way. No platform can assure our instant and grand success. It is the small steps we take everyday, which would for sure, make the difference.
I strongly believe in this statement, " Either i'll find my way or make one"
Best wishes Rena ! Success is for sure on the cards ! Let the venue come along.

Ajit Panicker | Kindle Scout | Facebook | Twitter | Website

Offline JulianneQJohnson

• Indianapolis
    • View Profile
    • Julianne Q Johnson- pictures and words
« Reply #19807 on: July 26, 2017, 09:47:42 PM »
Thank you, DMC! I don't know how I missed that. Anyway, they don't seem to have updated the numbers yet, but the campaign just started today. Too bad we don't get to know about the nominations.

It only updates once a day, at something like 5am Eastern.  So tomorrow you'll be able to see the stats for today.  Wishing you a fantabulous campaign!  There's loads of information in this thread.  It's worth going back a bit and reading some of it.

Offline Carleton Chinner

• Brisbane, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Electronic Allegorist
« Reply #19808 on: July 26, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
Oh wow! I'm so glad I found this fantastic thread.

Yet another Scout first timer here and I'm really appreciating all the supportive comments that have been passed around in this thread.

I'm on day 2 of my campaign for The Hills of Mare Imbrium https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3UIOYAFZEN8DU
and looking forward to learning from all of you as I go through this crazy ride.

Carleton Chinner | Website

Offline Rachel W

• Borders, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Wright Books
« Reply #19809 on: July 27, 2017, 12:04:22 AM »
Congratulations TF, well done - the excerpt looked fantastic and I'm looking forward to my free copy!  Is anyone else still in the waiting room?  I've been here for 10 days now and its very frustrating watching everyone else get their news either way - I feel like I've been forgotten.

Offline David Thompson

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: July 27, 2017, 12:09:41 AM »
Congratulations TF, well done - the excerpt looked fantastic and I'm looking forward to my free copy!  Is anyone else still in the waiting room?  I've been here for 10 days now and its very frustrating watching everyone else get their news either way - I feel like I've been forgotten.

Although they only took six days for Cave Hill, they took twelve for each of the other three...not long to go. Fingers crossed you get a positive email!! Good luck.

Bar Girl is FREE!
David Thompson | TRUK LAGOON KS Campaign!

Offline Rachel W

• Borders, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Wright Books
« Reply #19811 on: July 27, 2017, 12:45:35 AM »
Thanks David, I guess I'm just being impatient. It doesn't help that I'm on holiday just now with not much else to occupy me!  On the bright side, both my paperback and ebook are formatted to perfection - ready to upload as soon as I get the green light (or red light, whichever way you look at it).

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • Kindle Scout Kahuna (2015-2018)
    • View Profile
    • MY WEBSITE
« Reply #19812 on: July 27, 2017, 01:47:09 AM »
It's Thursday, folks. Another beautiful day coming up.

Let's get to the list, shall we?

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

LAST DAY LEFT! Cybele by Rena Arun
3 days left Tropical Nights by Jelmer De Haan
4 days left I Think I Know You...Karyuna, Do I? by Ajit Panicker
4 days left The 13th Sign by Kate Warren
11 days left Ghost in the Park by Julianne Q. Johnson
11 days left Mister Miracle by Carey Lewis
11 days left Tribe by D. McMahon
14 days left Ardor's Peril by Bemy Well
16 days left Ersha's Revenge by D.M. Chappell
18 days left The Spirit of Imhotep by Maria Isabel Pita
22 days left The Fallen Child by David Thompson
22 days left Just Jilted by Lila James
28 days left The Hills of Mare Imbrium by Carleton Chinner
28 days left Dreadmarrow Thief by Marjory Kaptanoglu

I put this list up every morning and I strive to keep it up-to-date so that this thread needn't dissolve into a flurry of "NOMINATE MY BOOK, NOMINATE MY BOOK" posts. No one is under any obligation to nominate any of these books. I'm just trying to keep the thread clear of unnecessary clutter. This way once a day there is a complete list of current candidates and folks can readily check out the kboards members who have a book in the running and can make up their own mind. I try and stay nonpartisan about it - which is why I don't comment on any particular book by title. I just keep the list.

If I have missed anyone please let me know either with a PM or by posting a link here in the thread.

Happy scouting folks!

Offline sheritybemy

• View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:14 AM »
Got

Nominated. Good luck.

Bemy

Offline ajitkpanicker

• India
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: July 27, 2017, 02:56:07 AM »

Hi Rachel,

Keep your hopes alive ! If its still in the waiting room, it means 'Your book' is obviously a quality read. May be they are considering, few more before they finally say a 'Big Yes' to you. My best wishes for it to become a bestseller, whatever be the result.

Offline ajitkpanicker

• India
    • View Profile
« Reply #19815 on: July 27, 2017, 03:16:25 AM »

Love your vote of confidence, Ajit! Keep that positive attitude up for all our sakes as mine tends to flag rather a lot! Wishing the same for your novel as well, though I feel confident that whatever the venue may be, much success is in the cards.
[/quote]

I understand , it becomes all the more difficult to accept, when it has been in the H&T most of the times. This is just the beginning, Rena !
I am sure you'll go places.

Offline Jada Ryker

• Bardstown, Kentucky
  • Backpacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: July 27, 2017, 04:43:46 AM »
I agree with Great Brit. There isn't a downside and it's a valuable learning experience. Before I submitted, I did a fair amount of research and wrote a blog post about Scout for The Kill Zone (here's the link, if you're interested: https://killzoneblog.com/?s=kindle+scout). Whether your book is selected or not, Scout is a free marketing preview before your launch. In the process, by watching your stats, you'll learn which promos work best and where your views come from, which helps you target specific markets for future promos. In my own campaign, Facebook has brought in the biggest percentage of hits, which surprised me since I'm not even on FB yet.

Plus the people on this thread are helpful and generous with their knowledge, like Lincoln, Steve, Julianne, and others I've learned from. For me, it's been an educational positive experience. Just don't agonize over it. Even if you don't get selected, you've got a ready-made customer base for a KDP launch.

Good luck and hope to see your book on Scout soon.

Two days left for Instrument of the Devil, then into the waiting room. 

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/3M04E0G1OTGYW

Our own Debbie Burke, who won a contract for her book Instrument of the Devil, has another excellent post about her Kindle Scout campaign experiences on The Kill Zone: https://killzoneblog.com/2017/07/kindle-scout-step-inside-for-a-tour.html

Offline C. J. Sears

• View Profile
    • ImpromptuGameof52
« Reply #19817 on: July 27, 2017, 05:06:57 AM »
After a lengthy sojourn of working on my sequel, I'm back here on KBoards to announce that you can now read the first 5000 words of The Smiling Man Conspiracy and nominate it on Kindle Scout.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2ISVGY4MGES30

Agent Llewyn Finch embarks on a mission to uncover the truth behind a series of abductions.

There's a hitch: he hasn't recovered from his last case. He can't shake the fact that where he goes, death follows.

Someone's playing a mad game with the lives of innocents. Evidence points to a shadow organization within the government. In a world of deception, who can he trust?

As he untangles the web of a grand scheme, Finch knows one thing for certain: when evil is in control, good men die.

Glad to be back with a new novel. I hope you guys enjoy reading the excerpt. I look forward to nominating your work as well.

Round 2 of my Kindle Scout experience begins!

Offline Rena Arun

• View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: July 27, 2017, 06:12:33 AM »

Nominated. Good luck.

Bemy

Thank you, Bemy!

Something more important than my Kindle Scout campaign's come up (unheard of, i know), and won't be on the web all day, so thanks to everyone in advance for their support.

Offline sheritybemy

• View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: July 27, 2017, 06:17:19 AM »
After a lengthy sojourn of working on my sequel, I'm back here on KBoards to announce that you can now read the first 5000 words of The Smiling Man Conspiracy and nominate it on Kindle Scout.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2ISVGY4MGES30

Agent Llewyn Finch embarks on a mission to uncover the truth behind a series of abductions.

There's a hitch: he hasn't recovered from his last case. He can't shake the fact that where he goes, death follows.

Someone's playing a mad game with the lives of innocents. Evidence points to a shadow organization within the government. In a world of deception, who can he trust?

As he untangles the web of a grand scheme, Finch knows one thing for certain: when evil is in control, good men die.

Glad to be back with a new novel. I hope you guys enjoy reading the excerpt. I look forward to nominating your work as well.

Round 2 of my Kindle Scout experience begins!
Sounds good and you're welcome back to the club.

Bemy

Offline DMChappellAuthor

• View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: July 27, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »
OK, so... I am freaking out.  Is there some sort of issue with KS?  I went from having 80+ views a day to 4.  That's right 4.  OMG!  What happened.  How in one day can I go from a consistent 80 to 4?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  Has anyone ever had that kind of number?

Online ID Johnson

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: July 27, 2017, 09:19:31 AM »
OK, so... I am freaking out.  Is there some sort of issue with KS?  I went from having 80+ views a day to 4.  That's right 4.  OMG!  What happened.  How in one day can I go from a consistent 80 to 4?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  Has anyone ever had that kind of number?

Yes--in the middle of the campaign that can happen. i can't remember exactly how low my views went to but I know it was in the single digits. I want to say 8 maybe. Usually when you get towards the end your views come back up automatically because people want to nominate the campaigns that are ending, but those days in the middle can be bad if you're not running promos.

Online ID Johnson

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:55 AM »
Congratulations, TF! Can't wait for my free copy. It's so amazing when a member of this group gets chosen. Fingers crossed for those still in the waiting room and those still campaigning.

Offline arivoli

• Arkansas
    • View Profile
    • Alicia Rivoli Books
« Reply #19823 on: July 27, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »

Offline Patricia KC

• View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: July 27, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »

The middle of The Ceiling Man's campaign was full of single digit days, including two days with big fat zeros. Yep. No page views at all. Ghosts didn't have any goose eggs, but it had a handful of single digit days including threes and fours.

The middle is rough. Hang in there.