Author Topic: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)  (Read 1981688 times)  

Offline Max 007

• View Profile
Re: Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)
« Reply #24900 on: March 13, 2018, 02:56:44 AM »
I know of at least one 'Scout' who races through almost all the KP published books leaving a more or less identical review on each one - we've clocked this person leaving as many as 40 reviews in one day! Make of that what you will but I doubt it's of value to authors or other readers.

I don't think KP has tightened its standards for selection - I know lots of very good books by professional writers who have been turned down in the past six months. I don't think this is about quality - I think it's about commercial strategy. I can't pretend to know, even as a KP writer myself, what that commercial strategy is, but it's definitely changed in tone and outlook since Monique left. I'm not saying it is better or worse as a strategy because I can't judge that without knowing what KP's objectives are. But I think it's fair to say we no longer have a sense of KP cultivating a stable of good writers who will keep coming back to them.

I don't believe in the reader-powered publishing thing. This isn't about 'author's pumping their views' - this is about authors proving they know how to market. Which is an essential part of being a successful writer today. You have engage. You have to have a fan base. You have to be active on social media. So to that extent driving traffic to Scout proves you have a skill which is very important in every publisher selection procedure.

How commercially successful each of these books is, depends upon genre as well as individual quality. Romance readers look for something very different to thriller readers and so on. The books sell in different quantities. Some genres do better online than others. I don't think many individual Scouts are qualified to judge every book up there, not least because we haven't read the whole thing, and also because we don't have all the sales data for that genre. There are plenty of books which I would turn my nose up at as a reader but they'll sell truckloads.

40 reviews in one day?!?!  LOL! The top 10 Scouts only have  only 150 or so wins each.  There are a couple that have more reviews than wins. Maybe it is them? They do get a bump if it was on KS and a no win if they review it.

I have 41 wins and 27 (no win reviews show up here too) reviews and 5 of those were on no wins I liked. But I do admit I do not finish a lot of the reads. They drag on too much and I lose interest. But all my reviews are no less than a 3 and some have no reviews.

So I don't think this upsets the apple cart. 

As far as the marketing angle goes, Indies have to do something I know. And from what I can tell it is getting harder and ROI is decreasing. It is becoming more and more a "Penny Dreadful" affair to me. That is my new angle to try.

I did not buy into the super marketing efforts. You can spend way too much time for the ROI. I want to write and this not be a market driven affair.

To each his own.  I do write. But I have fun as a Scout too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:13:23 AM by Max 007 »

Offline Max 007

• View Profile
« Reply #24901 on: March 13, 2018, 03:08:29 AM »
I don't think you'll ever get public comments about work from Amazon, or stats made public - it would be far too difficult not to infringe on the author's privacy and commercially sensitive data.

"With KS KP becoming much more selective. Wins will be a lot harder. " I don't think it is necessarily becoming more selective. When I did Scout last year it had a pick up rate of about 1% I think. What it has done is change its strategy and let in an awful lot more books.

"forking out money is rare for me. Or anyone I bet that is a Scout." And that right there is a huge flaw in this whole system. Amazon and authors both need book *sales*. People who are not prepared to buy books and are only choosing free ones are a very poor indicator of whether something will sell. I bet if you were having to pay even $1 for every pick, you would choose hardly any of these books. Real buyers are very selective.

"If I just knew they were free right after the campaign and did not win and I was real interested in a way ... I would likely pick it up ... so authors need a way to let KS know and KS let the followers know it is available for free for a bit" 1. wholesale free book giveaways isn't a great strategy for authors but 2. Amazon would never help us do this. It doesn't like authors making books free and tightly controls it. The only way you can make your book free for more than the five days on Kindle Select is to force Amazon to price match which it will resist. And one of the great gains for Amazon with Scout is all those accounts it draws in - Amazon's customers and data, not ours. No way it's going to share such a valuable commercial resource even if it had permission to.

Yeah, the game is what it is. It is not likely Amazon gives Scouts much more data.

Books sales and Amazon = Amazon does not care, what even happens Amazon makes money.  Authors want a return. Period. Readers want a good free read period. If that changes, I go back to half price book stores. Amazon will take years to run them out of business. Better books there too and better selection. Trade in and buy trad-books. I did that a lot before Amazon came along. I can go back to it.

So KS is an at home game we can play. 

Offline Max 007

• View Profile
« Reply #24902 on: March 13, 2018, 03:25:09 AM »
I don't think you'll ever get public comments about work from Amazon, or stats made public - it would be far too difficult not to infringe on the author's privacy and commercially sensitive data.

"With KS KP becoming much more selective. Wins will be a lot harder. " I don't think it is necessarily becoming more selective. When I did Scout last year it had a pick up rate of about 1% I think. What it has done is change its strategy and let in an awful lot more books.

"forking out money is rare for me. Or anyone I bet that is a Scout." And that right there is a huge flaw in this whole system. Amazon and authors both need book *sales*. People who are not prepared to buy books and are only choosing free ones are a very poor indicator of whether something will sell. I bet if you were having to pay even $1 for every pick, you would choose hardly any of these books. Real buyers are very selective.

"If I just knew they were free right after the campaign and did not win and I was real interested in a way ... I would likely pick it up ... so authors need a way to let KS know and KS let the followers know it is available for free for a bit" 1. wholesale free book giveaways isn't a great strategy for authors but 2. Amazon would never help us do this. It doesn't like authors making books free and tightly controls it. The only way you can make your book free for more than the five days on Kindle Select is to force Amazon to price match which it will resist. And one of the great gains for Amazon with Scout is all those accounts it draws in - Amazon's customers and data, not ours. No way it's going to share such a valuable commercial resource even if it had permission to.

My choosing to not spend money is not a flaw. I have spent a few bucks, but it is very rare. The book has to be worth it to me.

I suspect a lot of Scouts are the same way.  We see 100s of books a month through KS.  No way is a reader going to spend near that much. KU is $10 a month. KU people just wait is all for what they want. Most no win Indies in KS go KU. I am not KU. There is too much free stuff to chose from and I have a huge KS win TBR. I don't even need to spend the $10 and go KU. 

So why is KP getting so selective ?  I think I know. The paradigm is changing. It will be interesting to see where the curve goes from here. I  suspect it gets harder for the author that wants to make money.

Scouts aren't the problem. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:27:02 AM by Max 007 »

Offline Louise Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #24903 on: March 13, 2018, 03:37:23 AM »
The attraction of readers who want free books is a flaw of the current digital publishing paradigm and a flaw of Kindle Scout. You cannot take a group of people who do not spend money on books and expect them to make the same choices and exhibit the same consumer behaviours as people who do spend money on books. Ultimately both Amazon and authors need readers who will spend money on books - that is the only way our business models are viable. So using people who don't habitually buy books as your guide to commercial viability is fundamentally flawed.

I spend quite a lot of money on books, but I am also very discerning. There's a reason I don't bother to Scout books except to support friends and fellow authors. I buy for quality and I expect to pay for it. I'm not interested in wasting hours reading book after book I won't finish. Now there are some excellent writers on Scout, and they are worth paying for.  But the Scout model itself does little to prove or support that.

Published as Louise Cole and as a 'Marisa Hayworth' writer
Louise Cole

Offline Decon

• View Profile
    • Declan Conner, Blog
« Reply #24904 on: March 13, 2018, 05:41:01 AM »
The attraction of readers who want free books is a flaw of the current digital publishing paradigm and a flaw of Kindle Scout. You cannot take a group of people who do not spend money on books and expect them to make the same choices and exhibit the same consumer behaviours as people who do spend money on books. Ultimately both Amazon and authors need readers who will spend money on books - that is the only way our business models are viable. So using people who don't habitually buy books as your guide to commercial viability is fundamentally flawed.

I spend quite a lot of money on books, but I am also very discerning. There's a reason I don't bother to Scout books except to support friends and fellow authors. I buy for quality and I expect to pay for it. I'm not interested in wasting hours reading book after book I won't finish. Now there are some excellent writers on Scout, and they are worth paying for.  But the Scout model itself does little to prove or support that.

Not sure if anyone remembers the Harper Collins Authonomy site based in the UK, now closed. It was supposed to be reader based, but all it really was, was game played by authors for votes, and any reviews given by them on your work could on the whole be taken with a pinch of salt.

The top five books with the most cumulative votes every month reached the editor's desk for them to consider the stories for a publishing contract and to publish both as an eBook and as a paper book, with trad-publishing distribution for the paper books in actual stores. It wasn't a 30 day thing and you could have a book on there for years gathering dust if you didn't participate, or garner votes to progress by marketing the hell out of it. They would review the first 10,000 words and publish a public report for all to see.

I joined in 2008, around one year after it opened it's doors and it closed a few years ago as a complete failure. I think they only published 2 or 3 books in all the years that it was open. I spent more time reading the editor reviews and their reasons for rejection. I think that doing that was the only benefit for me to participate on the site. 

KSs recent promotion to provide feedback on shortlisted books was a move in the right direction to create author interest, especially as it was clear they had reduced the number of books for publication, and so submissions dropped. It's a pity it has stopped. It is the one thing about the competition that is an assist to authors in upping their game, besides garnering interest for those who go on to self-publish. Saying that, unless authors published their reviews on here, we couldn't gleen from them what was in the editor's head to assist us with our own work.

The thing that spoils KS just now the reader part. As others have said, what is the point of participating if books you select are not getting nominated. Here the authors that are rejected help KS out by offering their new releases at a reduced price or for free themselves on publication. I'd drop the outside marketing part if I were them as it smacks of Authonomy and the game that was played to get votes. The way it works now to get noticed is to spend say $50 to 150, regardless of quality. It would be better if it was kept to Scouters. Goodness knows what they can do to keep the scouters on board with fewer acceptances, but they need to come up with something, like say Amazon gift cards or such in the way of prizes, besides the chance of free books.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:55:28 AM by Decon »

Scorpion ebooks: Full length  thrillers with a sting in the tale. All enrolled in KU & Prime.
Declan Conner | blog

Offline Louise Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #24905 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:41 AM »
"The thing that spoils KS just now the reader part. As others have said, what is the point of participating if books you select are not getting nominated. Here the authors that are rejected help KS out by offering their new releases at a reduced price or for free themselves on publication. I'd drop the outside marketing part if I were them as it smacks of Authonomy and the game that was played to get votes. The way it works now to get noticed is to spend say $50 to 150, regardless of quality. It would be better if it was kept to Scouters. Goodness knows what they can do to keep the scouters on board with fewer acceptances, but they need to come up with something, like say Amazon gift cards or such in the way of prizes, besides the chance of free books."

For my part I'd say the opposite. You can have great H&Ts and numbers and get turned down. But if you already have books in the marketplace, and/or want to give your book a big pre-launch period with Scout, external marketing is essential. H&T and page views are useful for writers to see whether what they are doing is driving traffic. I want to  be pulling in readers from outside Scout to notice my new book, just as I hav reviewers talking about it on twitter. That's not for KP - that's for me, because it will help it find buyers when it launches. Scouts, as we've already said, aren't going  to be buyers. They'll get a free copy. Has no effect on my pocket or my sales ranking and honestly only a handful of them review.

External marketing isn't about 'gaming the system'. That's missing the point. I have an Amazon shop window for 30 days and a reason to talk about my book and get people to come and read a section. Why would I waste that opportunity?

Published as Louise Cole and as a 'Marisa Hayworth' writer
Louise Cole

Offline kalencap

• Columbus, OH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24906 on: March 13, 2018, 06:40:36 AM »
Letting folks know that the kindle ebook for "The Ancient Tripod of Peace" is live now on kindle after a short preorder time. For those with kindle unlimited, it is free to read, $2.99 otherwise. Believe the link in my signature will take people there.

Thank you to all for your support and sharing of your journeys. Has been an interesting 10 weeks since first listed on kindle scout and here on this forum thread. With one editorial review live from Readers' Favorite, the process now turns to seeking heartfelt reviews.

I still have 3 full on my kindle scout selections and will continue to review here to add others as current ones drop off. Haven't seen one selected for kindle press since before my notice of non selection in mid-February. As others have mentioned, it has been a while.

Offline AmWritingIrene

• View Profile
« Reply #24907 on: March 13, 2018, 07:34:09 AM »
On the last two days of my campaign if anyone wants to check On Trial out.
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/29NG0PQRM844G

Thanks!!

Offline Max 007

• View Profile
« Reply #24908 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:12 AM »

That is the prize!  A free book on a win for picking books you like.  LOL!  It is not a flaw.  But that seems to be a pretty rare event anymore, so maybe your flaw you see is going away.  :D

Not everyone can win on the author side. But in a way they do. They can maximize the Scouts that voted for the book after publication should they decide to buy the book. Making them a free promo improves the chance someone picks them up. The author has control of that, not Amazon.

I am discerning too. I only bought a very few books that did not win.  But they had that magic to them. $10 over a couple years is pretty nil $ wise.

Online Bill Hiatt

• California
    • View Profile
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #24909 on: March 13, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »
"The thing that spoils KS just now the reader part. As others have said, what is the point of participating if books you select are not getting nominated. Here the authors that are rejected help KS out by offering their new releases at a reduced price or for free themselves on publication. I'd drop the outside marketing part if I were them as it smacks of Authonomy and the game that was played to get votes. The way it works now to get noticed is to spend say $50 to 150, regardless of quality. It would be better if it was kept to Scouters. Goodness knows what they can do to keep the scouters on board with fewer acceptances, but they need to come up with something, like say Amazon gift cards or such in the way of prizes, besides the chance of free books."

For my part I'd say the opposite. You can have great H&Ts and numbers and get turned down. But if you already have books in the marketplace, and/or want to give your book a big pre-launch period with Scout, external marketing is essential. H&T and page views are useful for writers to see whether what they are doing is driving traffic. I want to  be pulling in readers from outside Scout to notice my new book, just as I hav reviewers talking about it on twitter. That's not for KP - that's for me, because it will help it find buyers when it launches. Scouts, as we've already said, aren't going  to be buyers. They'll get a free copy. Has no effect on my pocket or my sales ranking and honestly only a handful of them review.

External marketing isn't about 'gaming the system'. That's missing the point. I have an Amazon shop window for 30 days and a reason to talk about my book and get people to come and read a section. Why would I waste that opportunity?
I agree. Though it didn't work well for me the second time (waiting over a month to launch because of the holidays may have killed the momentum), I have no doubt my first launch was far stronger than normal because of the KS exposure. While I agree with Decon that getting editorial feedback was a great perk, I think Scout is still a great launch platform. I reach readers I couldn't reach otherwise. Scouters may not buy (though some will pick up a $0.99 new release, at least in my experience) but they create buzz that helps the book get noticed by others.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Online ronesa_aveela

• United States
    • View Profile
    • Ronesa Aveela
« Reply #24910 on: March 13, 2018, 08:12:33 AM »
I know of at least one 'Scout' who races through almost all the KP published books leaving a more or less identical review on each one - we've clocked this person leaving as many as 40 reviews in one day! Make of that what you will but I doubt it's of value to authors or other readers.

I noticed that, too. She must have a sad life if she gets such pleasure out of being in the #1 spot.

Offline Max 007

• View Profile
« Reply #24911 on: March 13, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »
Not sure if anyone remembers the Harper Collins Authonomy site based in the UK, now closed. It was supposed to be reader based, but all it

<snip>

The thing that spoils KS just now the reader part. As others have said, what is the point of participating if books you select are not getting nominated. Here the authors that are rejected help KS out by offering their new releases at a reduced price or for free themselves on publication.

I'd drop the outside marketing part if I were them as it smacks of Authonomy and the game that was played to get votes. The way it works now to get noticed is to spend say $50 to 150, regardless of quality. It would be better if it was kept to Scouters. Goodness knows what they can do to keep the scouters on board with fewer acceptances, but they need to come up with something, like say Amazon gift cards or such in the way of prizes, besides the chance of free books.

I heard of Authonomy when it was still active but was never part of it. Small fry compared to Amazon Kindle and KS.

On the Readers and KS being spoiled - I don't think so so much at least not for me. If the book is real good, I know I may can pick it up if it is a no win. Some authors in the past did not go Indie, why, oh why? If I find I don't like it up to 40% (not sure) I can get my money back if I paid a little and I don't need to get near 40% to bite that bullet. If it is free - no biggy.

Half my wins are TBR so I have 22 TBR. They were not H&T for me, though they were H&T for KS, they were just the ones I liked the best - help an author with my vote.  Just part of my prize for playing.

Maybe KP could email a fancy certificate to Scouts who pass a threshold of participation I can hang on the wall. Now that would be cool. Of course use my real name instead of my Handle.  ;D or put both. And do it yearly to keep us coming back.  ;D

Zero cost to Amazon virtually, and another prize for Scouts.  ;D

Scouting is about finding the reading you like to read. So KS makes that effort easier. Authors like to honestly know where they stand. So with these tougher editors at KP giving feedback will draw authors.  Some get feedback, probably H&T no wins. All the rest probably not.  Editors were always there, the feedback is the new thing. Scouts aren't privy to that.

Scout field did not change too much. Seems # of books is picking up.

If KS goes away, I think we all lose. All authors will be pure Indies from scratch.

I am sure Amazon keeps tally on all KS books and how much they bring into Amazon. Is KS a loss leader, a loser, or does it actually add?

Write On went away. Will KS?

It is still a fun pursuit for me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:34:37 AM by Max 007 »

Offline Max 007

• View Profile
« Reply #24912 on: March 13, 2018, 08:55:29 AM »
I noticed that, too. She must have a sad life if she gets such pleasure out of being in the #1 spot.

The top 10 is a joke. Where I am at it will take 5 years to reach the bottom, if not a whole lot more.

I asked Amazon to make them a button you had to activate if you really wanted to see them. No one can gain those spots. In over two years it has rarely changed. So why, oh why show them. Who cares.

Most of the banners on the home page is real funky to me. They need to get with the 21st century.  But what to put is the question. Winners is cool to see.  All the rest - meh. If they were 10x better looking and appealing instead of cardboard cutout looking ...

I am interested in the small group I can see around me. And like I say, it may be time Amazon passes out certificates (which are cheap and free) for levels of participation. That will draw more scouts and encourage them to participate more. But I know that that would a small thing too. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:35:36 PM by Max 007 »

Offline Sutiven91

• View Profile
« Reply #24913 on: March 13, 2018, 09:31:49 AM »
Want a free book, or just want to help someone out?
If you like powerful armoured remotely controlled robots as well as infectious alien mutant freaks! Then this is the book for you!

Check out this epic novel by a brand new author who has already hit Kindle Scouts trending list!!

Get over to kindle scout and nominates this book for publication, all you need is a normal Amazon account, and it's FREE!!!

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2LHT3LJEYT2JK

Offline Lexi Revellian

• London
    • View Profile
    • Lexi Revellian - my writing and other related matters...
« Reply #24914 on: March 13, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »
Want a free book, or just want to help someone out?
If you like powerful armoured remotely controlled robots as well as infectious alien mutant freaks! Then this is the book for you!

Check out this epic novel by a brand new author who has already hit Kindle Scouts trending list!!

Get over to kindle scout and nominates this book for publication, all you need is a normal Amazon account, and it's FREE!!!

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2LHT3LJEYT2JK

You keep saying this - do stop, there's a good chap.

Offline CelinaSummers

• Tennessee
    • View Profile
    • The Cache Vault
« Reply #24915 on: March 13, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »
You keep saying this - do stop, there's a good chap.

I agree, Lexi. It would be a great idea, Sutiven, if you stopped spamming the conversation. Perhaps READ the thread and determine if this is a good spot to spam-market.

If you did, Sutiven91, you'd probably figure out rather quickly that...nope, it's not. #noexclamationpointsrequired

Never  p*ss  off a witch.
Celina Summers | Elf Killing And Other Hobbies | The CacheVault | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Amazon

Offline Kathryn Jankowski

• View Profile
    • Kathryn Jankowski
« Reply #24916 on: March 13, 2018, 12:20:39 PM »
Terrific news!
After languishing for days, WORSE THAN WICKED is now hot! amzn.to/2FsdoY8
Don't know that this will translate into a contract, but it's reassuring.
I credit Lincoln Cole's newsletter to a big bump yesterday. Will definitely use him again.
Here's his website: https://www.lincolncole.net/services/kindle-scout-book-promotion

Kathryn Jankowski | website

Offline Cecelia

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24917 on: March 13, 2018, 02:48:04 PM »
I had a shock when I nominated yesterday - no LAST DAYS, No ONE DAYS just like twenty or more 2 DAYS all competing with mine. It's even buried deep in the ending soon. :(

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #24918 on: March 13, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »
I had a shock when I nominated yesterday - no LAST DAYS, No ONE DAYS just like twenty or more 2 DAYS all competing with mine. It's even buried deep in the ending soon. :(

Your campaign must have started on a Wednesday. There are never any new books added on Monday or Tuesday.

Offline KrWard

• View Profile
    • Writing and My Three Sons
« Reply #24919 on: March 13, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »
Hi all. I got an interesting email today and wondered if any of you could give me insight as Im so green in the realm of publishing. Ive got three days left on my campaign and seriously think Ill get a rejection, especially considering the slew of rejections lately for books that have had exceptional reader responses. Im obviously planning to self publish but would love to have a good publisher if possible.

So today, I got an email from pulsepub.net basically saying they like what theyve seen of my writing (could be from my pitmad submission) and think I would be a good fit for their publication. I cant find much about them and their website is rather meh. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone else been approached by them?

I greatly appreciate any insight!

Thank you!!!!
Kristin

Online ronesa_aveela

• United States
    • View Profile
    • Ronesa Aveela
« Reply #24920 on: March 13, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »
Hi all. I got an interesting email today and wondered if any of you could give me insight as Im so green in the realm of publishing. Ive got three days left on my campaign and seriously think Ill get a rejection, especially considering the slew of rejections lately for books that have had exceptional reader responses. Im obviously planning to self publish but would love to have a good publisher if possible.

So today, I got an email from pulsepub.net basically saying they like what theyve seen of my writing (could be from my pitmad submission) and think I would be a good fit for their publication. I cant find much about them and their website is rather meh. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone else been approached by them?

I greatly appreciate any insight!

Thank you!!!!
Kristin

Here's something I found about them. I haven't read through the thread, so I don't know if the responses were positive or not.
https://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?325180-Publisher-Pulse-LLC

Offline KrWard

• View Profile
    • Writing and My Three Sons
« Reply #24921 on: March 13, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
Here's something I found about them. I haven't read through the thread, so I don't know if the responses were positive or not.
https://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?325180-Publisher-Pulse-LLC

Thank you for the link! My email was similar to the one on the site you sent but was for the YA division called Propel. I looked up some titles from their Propel site and found them on amazon, some good reviews too. I dont want to discount a potential publisher but also am so new to this that Im not sure of a next step (assuming KS rejects my book).

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • Kindle Scout Kahuna since 2015
    • View Profile
    • MY WEBSITE
« Reply #24922 on: March 13, 2018, 04:49:49 PM »
Okay, so it's Tuesday. There is a WHOLE lot of white stuff coming down outside my window. Our office closed early today, a half an hour after my shift ended.

I typed this about two hours ago and then the power died. It's back now and I am going to finish this up while I can.

So let's get on with today's list, shall we?

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

2 days left A Trail of Embers by C.A. Kinnee
2 days left Mystic Evermore by Cecilia Hopkins
2 days left On Trial by Irene Lee
3 days left After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward
9 days left Tuning In: A Novel by Richard Roberts
10 days left Once in an Olive Moon by J.R. Laurence
10 days left On Holy Ground by Louise Cole
11 days left Future Warrior by Lexi Revellian
11 days left A Sensitive Situation by Lee Isserow
12 days left Dreaming of You and Me by Kristy Tate
12 days left Reclamation by Stephen D. Tucker
13 days left Worse Than Wicked by Kathryn Jankowski
13 days left Single and Looking, Daisy by Belinda Austin
13 days left Symphony of Death by Celina Summers
16 days left The Grand Unraveling by L.N. Heintz
16 days left Death In Vermilion by Barbara Elle
16 days left The Moon Thief by M.L. Hamilton
17 days left Bestseller by Carey Lewis
18 days left The Poet and the Muse by Navi Wang
24 days left Orion by Aaron Frale
25 days left Cutting Edges: Or, A Web of Women by Ruth Nestvold

I put this list up every morning and I strive to keep it up-to-date so that this thread needn't d
dissolve into a flurry of "NOMINATE MY BOOK, NOMINATE MY BOOK" posts.
No one is under any obligation to nominate any of these books. I'm just trying to keep the thread clear of unnecessary clutter. This way once a day there is a complete list of current candidates and folks can readily check out the kboards members who have a book in the running and can make up their own mind. I try and stay nonpartisan about it - which is why I don't comment on any particular book by title. I just keep the list.

If I have missed anyone please let me know either with a PM or by posting a link here in the thread.

Happy scouting, folks!

PS: Don't forget, if you HAVEN'T been selected for Kindle Scout and you are wondering what to do next you can get just as much help from the "My Book Wasn't Accepted For Kindle Scout - Now What?" thread. Even if you already know what you are going to do I guarantee you'll get an awful lot of support from the gang over there!

Check it out - https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,243477.0.html

And remember, keep your candles close to the computer.
[/quote]

Online TrishaMcNary

• View Profile
« Reply #24923 on: March 13, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »
Letting folks know that the kindle ebook for "The Ancient Tripod of Peace" is live now on kindle after a short preorder time. For those with kindle unlimited, it is free to read, $2.99 otherwise. Believe the link in my signature will take people there.

Got it on KU, and it's in my line to read.

Other people who have pre-orders: If you post again when your book goes live, I can get it on KU, but KU doesn't work for pre-orders. 

Offline Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #24924 on: March 13, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »
Got it on KU, and it's in my line to read.

Other people who have pre-orders: If you post again when your book goes live, I can get it on KU, but KU doesn't work for pre-orders.

If youre interested, Wards and Wonders is in KU. Im finally starting to get some page reads.