Kindle Forum banner

Kindle Scout experiences & Nomination Requests (MERGED)

2M views 26K replies 700 participants last post by  ShayneRutherford 
G
#1 ·
Hi. I thought I posted this question last night, but I don't see it in any of the threads, so I thought I would try again. I recently learned about Kindle Scout, and I would just like to hear about other authors' experiences. All opinions and stories welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

#24,721 ·
ronesa_aveela said:
Here's something I found about them. I haven't read through the thread, so I don't know if the responses were positive or not.
https://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?325180-Publisher-Pulse-LLC
Thank you for the link! My email was similar to the one on the site you sent but was for the YA division called Propel. I looked up some titles from their Propel site and found them on amazon, some good reviews too. I don't want to discount a potential publisher but also am so new to this that I'm not sure of a next step (assuming KS rejects my book).

#24,722 ·
Okay, so it's Tuesday. There is a WHOLE lot of white stuff coming down outside my window. Our office closed early today, a half an hour after my shift ended.

I typed this about two hours ago and then the power died. It's back now and I am going to finish this up while I can.

So let's get on with today's list, shall we?

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

2 days left A Trail of Embers by C.A. Kinnee
2 days left Mystic Evermore by Cecilia Hopkins
2 days left On Trial by Irene Lee
3 days left After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward
9 days left Tuning In: A Novel by Richard Roberts
10 days left Once in an Olive Moon by J.R. Laurence
10 days left On Holy Ground by Louise Cole
11 days left Future Warrior by Lexi Revellian
11 days left A Sensitive Situation by Lee Isserow
12 days left Dreaming of You and Me by Kristy Tate
12 days left Reclamation by Stephen D. Tucker
13 days left Worse Than Wicked by Kathryn Jankowski
13 days left Single and Looking, Daisy by Belinda Austin
13 days left Symphony of Death by Celina Summers
16 days left The Grand Unraveling by L.N. Heintz
16 days left Death In Vermilion by Barbara Elle
16 days left The Moon Thief by M.L. Hamilton
17 days left Bestseller by Carey Lewis
18 days left The Poet and the Muse by Navi Wang
24 days left Orion by Aaron Frale
25 days left Cutting Edges: Or, A Web of Women by Ruth Nestvold

I put this list up every morning and I strive to keep it up-to-date so that this thread needn't d
dissolve into a flurry of "NOMINATE MY BOOK, NOMINATE MY BOOK" posts.
No one is under any obligation to nominate any of these books. I'm just trying to keep the thread clear of unnecessary clutter. This way once a day there is a complete list of current candidates and folks can readily check out the kboards members who have a book in the running and can make up their own mind. I try and stay nonpartisan about it - which is why I don't comment on any particular book by title. I just keep the list.

If I have missed anyone please let me know either with a PM or by posting a link here in the thread.

Happy scouting, folks!

PS: Don't forget, if you HAVEN'T been selected for Kindle Scout and you are wondering what to do next you can get just as much help from the "My Book Wasn't Accepted For Kindle Scout - Now What?" thread. Even if you already know what you are going to do I guarantee you'll get an awful lot of support from the gang over there!

Check it out - https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,243477.0.html

And remember, keep your candles close to the computer.
[/quote]

#24,723 ·
kalencap said:
Letting folks know that the kindle ebook for "The Ancient Tripod of Peace" is live now on kindle after a short preorder time. For those with kindle unlimited, it is free to read, $2.99 otherwise. Believe the link in my signature will take people there.
Got it on KU, and it's in my line to read.

Other people who have pre-orders: If you post again when your book goes live, I can get it on KU, but KU doesn't work for pre-orders.

#24,725 ·
TrishaMcNary said:
Got it on KU, and it's in my line to read.

Other people who have pre-orders: If you post again when your book goes live, I can get it on KU, but KU doesn't work for pre-orders.
Dragon Village is already past pre-order. :) But if you like MG fantasy, it's on KU, at least for now. I have to see how well that goes the first 3 months, then might take it off Kindle Select and publish it outside of Amazon, as well.

#24,726 ·
MelanieCellier said:
That sounds extremely odd. If you have a ranking at all, you should have at least one sale showing on your dashboard. (Or free download if it's a free ranking.) Are you sure you don't have any at all?
I know it was there and I wasn't just seeing things - I looked a few times, but now that my book is free today and tomorrow, only free store stats are showing, and it looks like nothing from UK so far. The stats on the Amazon book page and my report don't seem to line up, I've noticed today. There's at least a 3-hour lag on the Amazon stats page. So maybe it takes awhile for UK sales to show up? or maybe it was some kind of mistake made by Amazon. I won't find out till Thursday when my book's not free anymore.

I was happy to see that KS sent out notifications today, while I still have it free, that my book was published. But I didn't say in my thank you letter that it would be free, and I wonder if a lot of people will ignore the notification because they don't know it's free. I also posted on FB and Twitter, but that doesn't let any internal scout people know. Oh well - I was learning as I went along and too stressed during the waiting room time to do anything constructive.

Anyway, I've been reading the discussions about books not being selected lately. My guess is it has to do with the $1500. Maybe they have a limited amount of funds, and they've used it all up, and now have to wait till books sell and fund the program again? I personally think they should get rid of that part of it. I think people care more about the recognition of winning than a small amount of money that you can't live on for 3 months (more till your book sells). They should just offer free promotion and AMS for 50%. Then they could pick a lot more books. There would be no real cost to them except marketers' time, I guess. Just my thoughts - if anyone is listening...

#24,729 ·
Okay - so I had to actually try to post that list FOUR TIMES! The power went out during the first attempt. It came back on and i tried to repost and wound up screwing up some of the days left. Then the power went out again.

I went downstairs. The power went back on again. I decided to spend some time with my wife who was finally getting over a weather-induced migraine. Then, after eating our supper and watching an episode of MINDHUNTERS on Netflix (which is freaking awesome, by the way) I came back here and FINALLY got the post on correctly.

The wind is still howling outside like a wolf who has swallowed a sixteen hole chromatic harmonica beneath a full moon - so I have no idea if we are going to wake up with power or not.

Wish me luck.

#24,730 ·
Steve Vernon said:
Okay - so I had to actually try to post that list FOUR TIMES! The power went out during the first attempt. It came back on and i tried to repost and wound up screwing up some of the days left. Then the power went out again.

I went downstairs. The power went back on again. I decided to spend some time with my wife who was finally getting over a weather-induced migraine. Then, after eating our supper and watching an episode of MINDHUNTERS on Netflix (which is freaking awesome, by the way) I came back here and FINALLY got the post on correctly.

The wind is still howling outside like a wolf who has swallowed a sixteen hole chromatic harmonica beneath a full moon - so I have no idea if we are going to wake up with power or not.

Wish me luck.
It's been a crazy weather day in the northeast! Here's hoping there won't be a fourth nor'easter. Hope your power holds out, Steve!

#24,731 ·
TrishaMcNary said:
I was happy to see that KS sent out notifications today, while I still have it free, that my book was published. But I didn't say in my thank you letter that it would be free, and I wonder if a lot of people will ignore the notification because they don't know it's free. I also posted on FB and Twitter, but that doesn't let any internal scout people know. Oh well - I was learning as I went along and too stressed during the waiting room time to do anything constructive.
My kindle keeps losing signal or something today, but I've read a few pages and adore your telepathic cat.

#24,732 ·
Cecelia said:
My kindle keeps losing signal or something today, but I've read a few pages and adore your telepathic cat.
Thank you! And that reminded me I wanted to nominate your book. I have a vampire comedy (with a cat, of course) partly started, but I need to read some more vampire books for inspiration. I'm deciding whether to finish that book next for a break or go on with my series, or both.

#24,734 ·
Steve Vernon said:

Wish me luck.
Yikes. Luckily, I live far enough inland (I think). Only lots of snow so far.

#24,735 ·
Steve Vernon said:
Okay, so it's Tuesday. There is a WHOLE lot of white stuff coming down outside my window. Our office closed early today, a half an hour after my shift ended.

I typed this about two hours ago and then the power died. It's back now and I am going to finish this up while I can.

Remember - the campaigns that need nominations the most are the ones that are closest to the LAST DAY LEFT, 1 day left, 2 days left etc.

Updated List

2 days left A Trail of Embers by C.A. Kinnee
2 days left Mystic Evermore by Cecilia Hopkins
2 days left On Trial by Irene Lee
3 days left After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward
9 days left Tuning In: A Novel by Richard Roberts
10 days left Once in an Olive Moon by J.R. Laurence
10 days left On Holy Ground by Louise Cole
11 days left Future Warrior by Lexi Revellian
11 days left A Sensitive Situation by Lee Isserow
12 days left Dreaming of You and Me by Kristy Tate
12 days left Reclamation by Stephen D. Tucker
13 days left Worse Than Wicked by Kathryn Jankowski
13 days left Single and Looking, Daisy by Belinda Austin
13 days left Symphony of Death by Celina Summers
16 days left The Grand Unraveling by L.N. Heintz
16 days left Death In Vermilion by Barbara Elle
16 days left The Moon Thief by M.L. Hamilton
17 days left Bestseller by Carey Lewis
18 days left The Poet and the Muse by Navi Wang
24 days left Orion by Aaron Frale
25 days left Cutting Edges: Or, A Web of Women by Ruth Nestvold

I put this list up every morning and I strive to keep it up-to-date so that this thread needn't d
No one is under any obligation to nominate any of these books. I'm just trying to keep the thread clear of unnecessary clutter. This way once a day there is a complete list of current candidates and folks can readily check out the kboards members who have a book in the running and can make up their own mind. I try and stay nonpartisan about it - which is why I don't comment on any particular book by title. I just keep the list.

If I have missed anyone please let me know either with a PM or by posting a link here in the thread.

Happy scouting, folks!

PS: Don't forget, if you HAVEN'T been selected for Kindle Scout and you are wondering what to do next you can get just as much help from the "My Book Wasn't Accepted For Kindle Scout - Now What?" thread. Even if you already know what you are going to do I guarantee you'll get an awful lot of support from the gang over there!

And remember, keep your candles close to the computer.
Thank you
Thank you, Steve! Much appreciated.

#24,738 ·
Thanks to all who nominated my book. I have got the rejection letter very soon this time but no review mail. I thin my book is not short listed. The book will be launched through KDP soon.

One slot was free and nominated: Mystic Evermore by Cecilia Hopkins
Best of luck.

#24,739 ·
It's Wednesday. We've got power and the snow that fell was washed away by the driving rain. I'm not sure WHAT the snowplows in the shopping center next door have been pushing around since 4am. All right, I know that they're throwing salt, just in case of slipping - but man, I wish they'd just hire a few more dog-bodies, and raid the food court for salt packages...

Updated List

1 day left A Trail of Embers by C.A. Kinnee
1 day left Mystic Evermore by Cecilia Hopkins
1 day left On Trial by Irene Lee
2 days left After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward
8 days left Tuning In: A Novel by Richard Roberts
9 days left Once in an Olive Moon by J.R. Laurence
9 days left On Holy Ground by Louise Cole
10 days left Future Warrior by Lexi Revellian
10 days left A Sensitive Situation by Lee Isserow
11 days left Dreaming of You and Me by Kristy Tate
11 days left Reclamation by Stephen D. Tucker
12 days left Worse Than Wicked by Kathryn Jankowski
12 days left Single and Looking, Daisy by Belinda Austin
12 days left Symphony of Death by Celina Summers
15 days left The Grand Unraveling by L.N. Heintz
15 days left Death In Vermilion by Barbara Elle
15 days left The Moon Thief by M.L. Hamilton
16 days left Bestseller by Carey Lewis
17 days left The Poet and the Muse by Navi Wang
23 days left Orion by Aaron Frale
24 days left Cutting Edges: Or, A Web of Women by Ruth Nestvold

Happy scouting, folks!

Finally, Stephen Hawkings passed away a few hours ago. And it's National Pi Day. And it's Albert Einstien's birthday.

#24,740 ·
Hello KS Authors. I'm back in the game. I put my debut novel on KS back in April. I didn't get selected but got a lot of noms/views and finished the trilogy, now wide.

My campaign for the first book in my new hard sci-fi trilogy went live today. I'm reading through the last pages of this thread to see what's changed in a year. I forget, do Scout readers get to read the whole book, or is it just the excerpt for everyone?

Anyway, Steve please add me to your list:

SPED-BOT: DroidMesh Trilogy Book 1
A little Howey, a little Asimov, a lot of fun.

The remnants of human civilization create their own utopia on an alien planet. A brilliant robotic scientist breaks the rules in an attempt to make his impaired son whole. Meshing android and human minds is considered impossible, a societal taboo, and illegal. Can the sorrow of a father, the challenge of a feat never accomplished, and the promise of normalcy for a son who has never known it motivate a man beyond his ethical boundaries? What happens when it all goes wrong?

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/199RMI875M8U9

I just nominated:
1 day left A Trail of Embers by C.A. Kinnee
1 day left Mystic Evermore by Cecilia Hopkins
1 day left On Trial by Irene Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.