KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours  (Read 10249 times)  

Offline arshield

• Marietta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Bookwi.se
Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:39:08 AM »
I am looking for a prayer book for fixed hour prayers I can use on my kindle.  I am working through Phillis Tickles' Prayers for Summertime and it is ok, but there are some formatting issues (songs and poetry are formated weird and the Canticle - night prayers are in a totally different place than the prayers for the rest of the day.)  I looked at the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer but it is not kindle friendly.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Offline currysue

• View Profile
Re: Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
I realise this is an old post but I wanted to let folks know that there is a LOH available for Kindle from Universalis.
http://www.universalis.com/n-kindle-win.htm

You are able to access Daily Prayers/Liturgy of the Hours for free via your computer's web browser. If you want to download the LOH to your computer and kindle and/or sent to you daily via email then your need to purchase a registration code. The registration code lasts for ever: you don't need a subscription. According to their website, the Universalis registration code costs 19.99
http://www.universalis.com/n-buy.htm

I am not Catholic, but I love the Liturgy of the Hours, especially the Office of Readings. Have a look and see if this suits you.

SmartDog

Offline arshield

• Marietta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Bookwi.se
Re: Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:53:18 PM »
That is very useful.  I will try it out for a while and maybe buy a subscription.  I need to not read on a computer, but i might check out the ipad version.