Author Topic: Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours  (Read 10615 times)  

Offline arshield

• Marietta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Bookwi.se
Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:39:08 AM »
I am looking for a prayer book for fixed hour prayers I can use on my kindle.  I am working through Phillis Tickles' Prayers for Summertime and it is ok, but there are some formatting issues (songs and poetry are formated weird and the Canticle - night prayers are in a totally different place than the prayers for the rest of the day.)  I looked at the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer but it is not kindle friendly.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Offline currysue

• View Profile
Re: Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
I realise this is an old post but I wanted to let folks know that there is a LOH available for Kindle from Universalis.
http://www.universalis.com/n-kindle-win.htm

You are able to access Daily Prayers/Liturgy of the Hours for free via your computer's web browser. If you want to download the LOH to your computer and kindle and/or sent to you daily via email then your need to purchase a registration code. The registration code lasts for ever: you don't need a subscription. According to their website, the Universalis registration code costs 19.99
http://www.universalis.com/n-buy.htm

I am not Catholic, but I love the Liturgy of the Hours, especially the Office of Readings. Have a look and see if this suits you.

SmartDog

Offline arshield

• Marietta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Bookwi.se
Re: Prayer book/Brevery/Liturgy of the Hours
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:53:18 PM »
That is very useful.  I will try it out for a while and maybe buy a subscription.  I need to not read on a computer, but i might check out the ipad version.