Kindle Forum banner

My kindle DX review after owning it a few weeks

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  tiggeerrific 
#1 ·
First let me start by saying I had purchased a kindle 2 and tried it out for a few days and was getting headaches .I came to the conclusion that the headaches where from the screen being to small for me as I am a fast and avid reader.So seeing that I was always flipping the pages and straining my eyes trying to focus on the small screen.I decided to send it back I was really angry as I loved the concept of this great little machine.
I then kept reading and getting information on the DX kept hearing negative feedback saying it is huge and heavy so I was leery about getting it.But i than said what do i have to lose so I went on ebay and was able to get a great deal from a ebayer who said they used it a few times.I was able to get the DX and amazon case for $394 a great deal.It was sent to me in the original boxes .When I opened it I was taken back because it is not huge  like everyone kept saying.But a perfect size for reading.
I went and registered it and am very very happy for choosing the DX.I am glad I went for it and not listened to the negative or I would have missed out on a great gadget!
Now for my little review
The screen is perfect it gives me a whole page to read I am reading in the second font size where the kindle 2 I was almost on the last font size so that was only giving me a paragraph if that to read .A huge difference for reading
I love the way it feels in my hands I can hold it lay it in my lap or on the arm of my chair it is perfect.
I just ordered my first skin in La Tavola and plan to get the oberon case in celtic hounds in the wine color.
As for the amazon case I do like it as it folds nicely
I also went and brought  a vera bradley mini lap top bag to use when traveling as I want to make sure I have great protection.
The keyboard is small on the kindle DX  but I can deal with it as it is only used when I am purchasing a book.
As you can tell I am a very happy owner of a kindle DX

See less See more
#4 ·
I think im going to start asking everyone who is on Kindle Watch to do this, seems to help out a little and get more members involved

#6 ·
If you purchase any accessories please feel free to review those with us also, Thanks again

#8 ·
angelad said:
Yea, we do need more accessory reviews, the newer ones that are coming out.
Got to wait for them to come out though, we are not all like Harvey who gets them early

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.