KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: New FREE book promo tool for Indie Authors, all because of a Writers' Cafe post  (Read 14726 times)  

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
 Will you be able to tell if this is working to increase sales of our books i.e. you will be earning something from affiliate links? (I hope, after all the work you have put in  ;D )

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Online Heather Hamilton-Senter

• View Profile
I just activated it for you. You can log in now and get set up. ;D

Thanks!

Offline lee27

• Southwestern Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
    • Writer's Rest

The key with this is to make it fast, accurate and simple so that people can have confidence in it. Will take a bit of time but it's a good start.

A very good start, I would say. Setup was simple; link is now on my website. Simple effectiveness, in writing or in anything else, is the hardest thing to achieve. Throwing bouquets of gratitude your way.

Magical realism for the internet age | Lindsay Edmunds

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Will you be able to tell if this is working to increase sales of our books i.e. you will be earning something from affiliate links? (I hope, after all the work you have put in  ;D )

So far it's running at about 1000 views per day (That's two books per view, with 200 books in the pool, that's appox. 10 per book per day). There has been around 100 clicks to amazon, but it's probably more as I'm not tracking UK. Two books have sold so far, but I can't tell who they are just yet. Total revenue $0.47  (Not time to give up the day job)

At some point I'll track clicks so you will be able to see how many views/click your books are generating. You can see the number of views beside your book in 'BOOKS' area.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:29:09 AM by geraldmkilby »

Offline archaeoroutes

• Somerset, England
    • View Profile
    • Alasdair Shaw
I've found it eye opening how many people use WordPress. I'm still a 'write the code in a text editor and upload it' kind of guy. The widespread availability of things that let people build a website without code is a real shame - a lost skill along with dry stone walling perhaps...

Genres: Space Opera, MilSF, Popular Science, Physics Textbooks, Archaeology, Walking
Alasdair C Shaw | Personal Website | SciFi Website | Physics Website | Archaeology Website | Newsletter Signup

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • The Lupa Schwartz Mysteries Blog
I've found it eye opening how many people use WordPress. I'm still a 'write the code in a text editor and upload it' kind of guy. The widespread availability of things that let people build a website without code is a real shame - a lost skill along with dry stone walling perhaps...
beats GeoCities.

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
  • Renaissance Geek
    • View Profile
    • RickGualtieri.com

I do occasionally feel this way.  Learned HTML way back in 1993, then had to live through the dotcom boom where people could get six figure jobs just by having knowledge of Front Page.  Used to drive me nuts.

Even so, I'll also be the first to admit I'm lazy and will happily use a point and click tool if it gives me the flexibility I want. Also, the nice thing about Wordpress is its flexible enough so that knowing how to code allows you that greater degree of freedom to enhance things if needbe.

Making fantasy fun again, one corpse at a time
Rick Gualtieri | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Bill The Vampire on Facebook | YouTube

Offline Bronwyn Kienapple

• Mexico City, Mexico
  • First romance series launching in April 2015.
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog

So the idea is for them to display a small image banner linking to bookpromocoop.com. (Need to come up with some text for this)

This way their books can be promoted and they can contribute by helping to add more sites and books to the over all network.

@R. M. Webb, ALL option coming in a day or two.

Yes! I would be into that. :) Thanks for looking for another option for us WordPress folk.

Imperfect is FREE on all e-retailers!
Bronwyn Kienapple | Newsletter | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
So far it's running at about 1000 views per day (That's two books per view, with 200 books in the pool, that's appox. 10 per book per day). There has been around 100 clicks to amazon, but it's probably more as I'm not tracking UK. Two books have sold so far, but I can't tell who they are just yet. Total revenue $0.47  (Not time to give up the day job)

At some point I'll track clicks so you will be able to see how many views/click your books are generating. You can see the number of views beside your book in 'BOOKS' area.

Great. Rushes off to check views  ;D.

Returns to say that it's interesting to see which books are getting the most views. Hope your $0.47 soon gets a few more noughts after it  ;D

ETA - something else to be obsessing about and checking  ::)

Offline archaeoroutes

• Somerset, England
    • View Profile
    • Alasdair Shaw
I'll admit to being a dinosaur. I guess it gives me the same feeling when I've climbed a mountain and meet people who've gone up on a train. For me the act of getting there matters. If I was just going up the mountain to work in the cafe at the top I'd be using the train!
I have made sure that html, css and php are kept on the syllabus for Yr7-9 at my school. They are such useful skills. Even if superceded (I switched from perl to php pretty much as soon as it came out) the programming process is the same.

Genres: Space Opera, MilSF, Popular Science, Physics Textbooks, Archaeology, Walking
Alasdair C Shaw | Personal Website | SciFi Website | Physics Website | Archaeology Website | Newsletter Signup

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
I'm in. If someone hasn't mentioned, there are a few typos on the http://bookpromocoop.com page.

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
Will this work in a wordpress.com site?

I'm trying it with a "Text or HTML" widget, and so far I'm only seeing the HTML code. Still trying ...

No, looks like it won't work with wordpress.com. Guess I'll have to drop out for now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:35:09 AM by TromboneAl »

Offline Debbie Bennett

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's website
Done! Dead easy to register, add my book and copy the code into blogger. I'm impressed!

Psychological thriller/crime & fantasy writer

All ebook formats and paperbacks available.
www.debbiebennett.co.uk

Hamelin's Child currently FREE in most ebook stores
Rat Run coming soon ...

Offline geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi

Floyd Looney

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Will this work in a wordpress.com site?

I'm trying it with a "Text or HTML" widget, and so far I'm only seeing the HTML code. Still trying ...

No, looks like it won't work with wordpress.com. Guess I'll have to drop out for now.

Not at the moment, but I'm working on a 'workaround', should have it after the weekend. In the meantime your books will still be up on the network.

Will check for spelling. Never my strong point. You should what one of my first draft's looks like. Sometimes even I don't know what I am writing  :o

Offline TromboneAl

• View Profile
Not at the moment, but I'm working on a 'workaround', should have it after the weekend. In the meantime your books will still be up on the network.

Thanks, Gerald. Ignore my email in which I said I needed to suspend my membership.

Online Crenel

• View Profile
Once that's done then I think start spreading the word. Probably after this weekend.

Oops, didn't realize we weren't supposed to share yet. ;D My book-marketing blog doesn't get a lot of traffic, but the post about BookPromoCoop.com currently has the third-highest views.

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Oops, didn't realize we weren't supposed to share yet. ;D My book-marketing blog doesn't get a lot of traffic, but the post about BookPromoCoop.com currently has the third-highest views.

No problem, spread the word. BTW, the book banner looks great on your site.

Offline Leah Ross

• USA
    • View Profile
Gerald, you're awesome.  Thanks so much for sharing this with us!  I signed up over the weekend, and implementation looks great so far.  Very easy to sign up.  Unfortunately, I'm one of the poor Wordpress.com people.  As soon as you have that banner ready, I'll get it up on my site.  I definitely want to do my part.

ETA: I was wondering, since the book cover/info pulls from the ASIN, is it true that when I update my book covers, the covers will change in the banner too?  Or will I need to re-add my books to get the new covers displayed?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:43:04 PM by Leah Ross »

**Book One - Free**
Leah Ross | Website | Blog | Facebook

Offline Maria Romana

• NC, USA
  • ...should be working on WIP...
    • View Profile
    • Research Triangle Publications
Even so, I'll also be the first to admit I'm lazy and will happily use a point and click tool if it gives me the flexibility I want. Also, the nice thing about Wordpress is its flexible enough so that knowing how to code allows you that greater degree of freedom to enhance things if needbe.

This, about using Wordpress (not .com). I love that so much is built-in or can be added, but if something's not just the way I want it, I can change it.

Whoa! 1000 views/day? That's way more than I expected at this early stage. Truly impressed. I guess all of us prawny prawns have some pull when we work together (unless those are all the result of us just trying it out!  :D).

Once again, tossing more kudos, thanks, and good karma your way...

Online Crenel

• View Profile
No problem, spread the word. BTW, the book banner looks great on your site.

Awesome, thanks! :)

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Whoa! 1000 views/day? That's way more than I expected at this early stage. Truly impressed. I guess all of us prawny prawns have some pull when we work together (unless those are all the result of us just trying it out!

No, that's real page views per day. So yes, when you add all the sites together it starts to become one really, really... really huge site.  The key is to keep it simple, robust and equatable.

BTW, thanks for all the editing. Every little helps  ;D

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Just to make your life easier, here are the typos/missing words on the front of the website. See parts in bold:

What started out as a post on the Writers Cafe has ended up as a new way for Indie Authors to cross promote each others books... and it very easy.

Simply join the network and add your books into our library, then copy some code to your website and that's it.

You are now promoting other Indie Authors on your site and in return theyre also promoting your books on their sites.

You can opt in or out at any.

You dont need a minimum number of reviews to add books.

You can filter the books promoted on your site.

Its completely free.

And you can get started here

QUALIFY -high-octane dystopian SF teen adventure in apocalyptic vein of DIVERGENT & THE HUNGER GAMES
Vera Nazarian | Website | Mailing List | Facebook | Twitter | Wattpad

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
No, that's real page views per day. So yes, when you add all the sites together it starts to become one really, really... really huge site.  The key is to keep it simple, robust and equatable.

BTW, thanks for all the editing. Every little helps  ;D

Do you think we could persuade Hugh Howey to put it on his website  ;D

Offline M R Mortimer

• Australia
  • SF writer
    • View Profile
    • Suspended Earth - Official site of M R Mortimer

Personally, I still code (though a lot less than the days of yore), but I do use wordpress. I guess it depends how deep you want to go. You can turn the key and drive the car, or you can rebuild the motor, swap out the chunky gear box for a nicer 6 speed flappy paddle, pretty up the upholstery, and then turn the key and drive the car. Or like a lot or Wordpress users, you can take a nice looking uphostery, add a few stripes and make a few other cosmetic changes - it can be a lot easier for a time strapped person to modify an existing template than to create a new one.
|

Australian Science Fiction and Fantasy Author
M R Mortimer | Author Web Site Facebook Page | Twitter Page | Fantasy Series