KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: New FREE book promo tool for Indie Authors, all because of a Writers' Cafe post  (Read 14725 times)  

Offline Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
Thanks Jan.
I've sent a few tweets and will do a blog post but that's about it for my marketing empire, so any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW, Authors tab is now on the site so you can see who's active on the network.

Good to see all the names of the authors. I'll start mentioning it on other forums.

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline AubreyGross

• Austin, TX
    • View Profile
    • Aubrey Gross
Thanks Jan.
I've sent a few tweets and will do a blog post but that's about it for my marketing empire, so any help is greatly appreciated.

I just followed you and retweeted your last Tweet. I've also mentioned it on a private Indie Author Facebook group I'm a member of. Thanks so much for everything you've put into this--the website is looking fantastic and I love the new features.

Romance...Texas style!
Aubrey Gross | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads

Offline AubreyGross

• Austin, TX
    • View Profile
    • Aubrey Gross
Thanks Jan.

I just followed you and retweeted your last Tweet. I've also mentioned it on a private Indie Author Facebook group I'm a member of. Thanks so much for everything you've put into this--the website is looking fantastic and I love the new features.

Romance...Texas style!
Aubrey Gross | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Thanks all... hope it works out. It's been quite a bit of work putting it all together but I've enjoyed it and I think is could be a very good resource.

Finally managed to get back to doing some writing today, 500 more words in the bag.  ;D

Offline matt44west

• San Diego
  • Writer. Editor. MFA student.
    • View Profile
    • On Amazon
Pretty darn cool.

Thanks for putting so much effort into this... it's very neat.

Matt Phillips | Twitter | Website | Goodreads

Offline J.T. Williams

• Texas
    • View Profile
    • Author J.T. Williams
I just added my books and placed the code on my blog. :)

Drinker of coffee, dabbler in necromancy...
J.T. Williams | My Blog | Twitter | Mailing List | Goodreads | Facebook

Online M R Mortimer

• Australia
  • SF writer
    • View Profile
    • Suspended Earth - Official site of M R Mortimer
Just posted a thread in the writing resources forum over at SFFChronicles. THere are a few writerly peeps over there :)
|

Australian Science Fiction and Fantasy Author
M R Mortimer | Author Web Site Facebook Page | Twitter Page | Fantasy Series

Online TimothyEllis

• Somewhere in space.
  • Aussie in the 27th century.
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Ellis Author
Nice idea. I'll try it and see what happens.

Offline Maria Romana

• NC, USA
  • ...should be working on WIP...
    • View Profile
    • Research Triangle Publications
Another thumbs-up for the authors and books page. It's just cool!

Offline hardnutt

• Norfolk, England
    • View Profile
    • Why Didn't They Ask Evand?
Can't get into my email account to see if I've received my email about signing up. Grrr!

'Evans' series has stand out central characters and clever plots.' AUNT AGATHA'S BOO
Geraldine Evans | website/blog | newsletter sign up | facebook | linkedin | twitter | [url=https://www.goodrea

Offline hardnutt

• Norfolk, England
    • View Profile
Well, I've finally got into my email, but there's nothing to say I've signed up. Will you send again, please Gerald.
Thanks.
Geraldine

'Evans' series has stand out central characters and clever plots.' AUNT AGATHA'S BOO
Geraldine Evans | website/blog | newsletter sign up | facebook | linkedin | twitter | [url=https://www.goodrea

Offline hardnutt

• Norfolk, England
    • View Profile
Still no email to say I've signed up.

Offline BaronVonWillow

• South Carolina
    • View Profile
    • BaronVonWillow.com
Just discovered this thread. Looks like a very interesting idea. Signed up and active...

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com

Offline Marie Long

• "Falling in love is a beautiful struggle..."
    • View Profile
    • Marie Long, Romance Author
This is great. Reminds me of the old school Webring network back in the day. Going to sign up! :)

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
Giving this a bump for those who missed it the first time. Working well on my website.  :)

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Giving this a bump for those who missed it the first time. Working well on my website.  :)

I've been meaning to do an update post on this for quite some time, but now that you have 'bumped' it Jan, it's as good a time as any.

Mostly I've been just keeping an eye on bookpromocoop.com to make sure it's all working right. So far so good.

I did reach out to a few Indy publishing gurus for thoughts, tips & advice, and David Gaughran ( of Let's Get Digital fame) was kind enough to offer some truly inspired ideas. The main one being, don't restrict it to just your author blog but to also include your Facebook page.

So something along the lines of an auto-post to your timeline every so often with book recommendations based on your current settings. In other words, it would post to your FB page with books from the same pool as on your author blog.

Technically this is doable, if there is interest... and when I get the time.

Anyone interested in this sort of promotional feature?

Let me know.

:)

Online TimothyEllis

• Somewhere in space.
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Ellis Author
Anyone interested in this sort of promotional feature?

Not for Facebook.

A few images of other books on my site is one thing. But FB works differently, and most of the people who follow me are not going to want to see ads for other peoples books.

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Not for Facebook.

A few images of other books on my site is one thing. But FB works differently, and most of the people who follow me are not going to want to see ads for other peoples books.

Thanks for the feedback. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what came back. Maybe not such a good plan after all.

BTW, I've been following your own '3rd book' post with great interest, very inspiring. It's got me motivated to finish my next one. Dying to see how number 5 goes for you.   ;D

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:22:26 PM by geraldmkilby »

Online TimothyEllis

• Somewhere in space.
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Ellis Author
Thanks for the feedback. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what came back. Maybe not such a good plan after all.

The problem with Facebook is people tend to have diversified friends. For example, among spiritual people, its common for people to have problems balancing their spiritual side with family and friends who are not. So a lot of us have two accounts, one for family and close freinds, and the other is our spiritual/professional. But even with my professional account, advertising books on it wouldn't go down well, since the majority connect with me for the spiritual side of my life, not because we share an interest in books.

The only time this might work on Facebook, is where an author has an account specifically for friends who are also readers.

Tell you what you could think about for FB. Authors will have Pages for themselves as an author, or for their series or special books. Now if you could cross post to pages rather than accounts, it would work because the target markets are similar, although it would need to be very selective of the genre posted. You'd also have to make sure there was no spamming of pages. My own series page doesn't get many posts, so even 1 post a day into it would be spamming it. There is a wordpress addon which cross-posts a blog entry to FB, so it can be done.

BTW, I've been following your own '3rd book' post with great interest, very inspiring. It's got me motivated to finish my next one. Dying to see how number 5 goes for you.   ;D

Thanks. So am I. :)

All it needs is actually finishing it. But I'm on schedule, so not concerned about that at this point. I'm more interested in where its going at the moment, than how it goes when released.  :D

Offline xinamarieuhl

• Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • XC Publishing
Thank you for all your hard work on this site! I have added my books to the site and featured the code on my blog. Unfortunately it is a Wordpress site, but hopefully that will count for something. :-)

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
My thinking is for Facebook Author pages, not personal accounts. Maybe once or twice a month at most. But all that could be set by the author.

Personally I do very little with my FB page. I let Wordpress send a link when I post something on my blog, which is not that often.
I might set this up on my on FB page first just to test it and see if it could useful for cross-promotion.

But I need to finish 'Colony One Mars' first. ;D

Offline Violet Haze

• USA
    • View Profile
    • Author Violet Haze
Wow, this is great. I've just signed up and going to add the code now. :)

ETA: well I will when I figure out how to get iframe to work  ::)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:23:24 AM by Violet Haze »
I am autistic. If something I've said is unclear, please just ask. Thank you. :)
Violet Haze | Website | Twitter | Facebook Page | G+ | Newsletter | Vellum eBook & Paperback Formatting

Offline Evenstar

• South West England
  • YA and PNR
    • View Profile
    • Author Website
Do I need to download the code again to add more books (now that there are even more authors in this thing?) Currently my vertical bar only displays two of four different books. So there is not many different ones being seen. I've put it on a blog page that is going to be updated weekly come September so it might get a lot of the same eyes and it would be good if they saw some variety and not just the same four books each time? Or will it update automatically to add more if there are more in my genre?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not very technical

Online Crenel

• View Profile
Or will it update automatically to add more if there are more in my genre?

I'm pretty sure it pulls titles at random from the relevant genre(s) each time it's displayed, so if you're always seeing the same books that would imply that the system doesn't have enough titles of that genre to provide variety.