by M. R. Mathias

$ 3.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-07-09
Bestseller ranking: 8023

Product Description
Taerak's Void
(Book One of Fantastica)
A new series by multiple award winning author, M. R. Mathias

After finding a strange medallion and some maps with markings that no one in his village can understand, Braxton Bray decides to take it all to the Hall of Scholars in the kingdom's capital. But greed is everywhere. Braxton and a tough young female caravan guard named Nixy are forced to run for their lives, for someone else wants what Braxton found and is willing to go to great lengths to take it from him.

With a hefty, kingdom wide, bounty on their heads, not even the great wizards of the Sorcerious can help them. Left with nothing but each other, Braxton and Nixy have no choice but to get on a ship and go on an adventure that will take them places they would have otherwise never imagined. Elves, dwarves, giant gothicans, and trolls, treacherous forests on distant shores, love, death, terror, and magic all await...

Author Topic: New FREE book promo tool for Indie Authors, all because of a Writers' Cafe post  (Read 14390 times)  

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
The original idea for this has been percolating and distilling through this post here. http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,214473.0.html for quite a few weeks now.

Essentially it boils down to the idea of cross promoting each other's books on our respective websites. 'I'll promote your books if you'll promote mine' .

Nice idea in principle, and I set out to try and implement it in practice. You can see the results here http://bookpromocoop.com

It's very early days with this, but please feel free to try it out and let me know your thoughts, comments, etc.

[EDIT] This has now been significantly updated, you can even add in your own Amazon affiliate code now.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:57:09 PM by geraldmkilby »

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Looks great!

I'm definitely joining, plus I just added it as a resource to my Author Utilities webpage:

http://www.veranazarian.com/goodies/author-utilities/

:)

QUALIFY -high-octane dystopian SF teen adventure in apocalyptic vein of DIVERGENT & THE HUNGER GAMES
Vera Nazarian | Website | Mailing List | Facebook | Twitter | Wattpad

Offline Rayven T. Hill

• 🍁 Toronto
    • View Profile
    • Rayven T. Hill
Nice idea. Once the categories kick in I'll be interested if you can make the code more customizable.
Profane Justice: 10% (Writing)
Rayven T. Hill | Web Site | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+ | Twitter

Offline geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi
I think it's a great idea too!

Floyd Looney

Offline geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi
I added it to the bottom to see how it looked, but since nobody ever looks at the bottom I added it to the right sidebar too

Floyd Looney

Offline geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi
Now if we can just get all those e-book websites and blogs to put up the ad too (they'd probably want click-through-buy-through royalties)

Floyd Looney

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Okay, it's live on my website.

I hope it's okay that I tweaked the code to fit it via the vertical instead of horizontal, otherwise it's too wide and hangs off past the edge of my sidebar.

Anyway, now we just hope more folks add their books, otherwise it looks like I am just promoting my own books there... ;)

QUALIFY -high-octane dystopian SF teen adventure in apocalyptic vein of DIVERGENT & THE HUNGER GAMES

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Glad you like it.
Based on feedback from you all I'll try and add in any new features requested like different sized promotional blocks, etc.

I've added in 'Views' so you can see how many times your book has been displayed across the network. You can see it beside your book.

Will be looking at the 'category' filter once there are enough books on board.

Now I'm off to see Mad Max with my kids. Can't believe it's 30 years since the last one...

Offline geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi
Can I add "8 Short Stories" too?

Floyd Looney

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
  • Renaissance Geek
    • View Profile
    • RickGualtieri.com
Nice idea. Once the categories kick in I'll be interested if you can make the code more customizable.

I'd agree on this.  Aside from that (and I realize this is a first pass), this looks like it has promise.

Making the undead fun again, one corpse at a time
Rick Gualtieri | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Bill The Vampire on Facebook | YouTube

Online Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
I'm still waiting for my activation email  :( Feel like I'm missing out on the party

ETA Just got it  ;D

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
  • Renaissance Geek
    • View Profile
    • RickGualtieri.com
Playing around with it now. Will try to add it to my website this weekend.

First ask: allow us to select multiple genres.  Would love to promote Fantasy and Horror.  :)

Rick Gualtieri | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Bill The Vampire on Facebook | YouTube

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
How do I change the size to make it vertical? It only shows as one and a half books. :(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:13:11 PM by Jan Hurst-Nicholson »

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Glad you like it.
Based on feedback from you all I'll try and add in any new features requested like different sized promotional blocks, etc.

I've added in 'Views' so you can see how many times your book has been displayed across the network. You can see it beside your book.

Will be looking at the 'category' filter once there are enough books on board.

Now I'm off to see Mad Max with my kids. Can't believe it's 30 years since the last one...

Thanks, I really appreciate your work on this!

Have fun at Mad Max! :)

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
  • Renaissance Geek
    • View Profile
    • RickGualtieri.com
Thanks, I really appreciate your work on this!

Duh! Sometimes I get so excited by a new toy, I forget my manners. 

Likewise, a big thanks for this!

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
How do I add the code? The site asked me if I want to add text or a photo etc. Not sure how to add the code  :-[

Look for a place to add widgets, then select the text or HTML type of widget, paste your code in it, then drag the widget over to where you want to to be.

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Playing around with it now. Will try to add it to my website this weekend.

First ask: allow us to select multiple genres.  Would love to promote Fantasy and Horror.  :)

That's a great idea.

I would love to see a list with tick-boxes where I can select as many (or as few) as I like types of genres.

Offline harker.roland

• View Profile
That is too cool. I am preparing for a re-branding on this name so didn't add any books yet but will be moving the code to my site.

Just an idea for you, either add a DONATE button or possibly start incorporating a subscription fee or flat fee to compensate you for your time. You could have the free service include all categories and the paid to allow people to customize.

I can easily see this becoming a great tool!
Ghosts & Grades 2 (COMPLETE - AVAIL 9/27): 100%

Ghosts & Grades 3 (First Draft): 18%

Untitled Space Odyssey (1st Draft) 100%
Little Miss Publishing | Facebook

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
  • Renaissance Geek
    • View Profile
    • RickGualtieri.com
Just an idea for you, either add a DONATE button or possibly start incorporating a subscription fee or flat fee to compensate you for your time. You could have the free service include all categories and the paid to allow people to customize.

Two ways around that, off the top of my head.  Gerald could (and maybe already does) code this to use his Amazon affiliate ID.  Therefore he'd technically make his revenue off of any books sold.  Second idea, and the one I'd favor more, is allow for a subscription fee and for us to be able to add our own affiliate IDs for a chance to make this a potential revenue stream. 

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • The Lupa Schwartz Mysteries Blog
Thanks for this.

Also I have a question.

I am trying to start a coop for fiction podcasters. Code like this would be great for that. It should be an easy tweak now that you already have the basics built. Wanna give a brother a hand?

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
Look for a place to add widgets, then select the text or HTML type of widget, paste your code in it, then drag the widget over to where you want to to be.

Thanks :-* . Found it. Now I need to know how you made yours vertical as I'm having the same problem of overlap.

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Thanks :-* . Found it. Now I need to know how you made yours vertical as I'm having the same problem of overlap.

Here is how you do it:

Find this part of the code in yours:

height="230" width="290"

Now simply change the numbers to be:

height="390" width="250"

Hit save.

That's it! :)

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
Here is how you do it:

Find this part of the code in yours:

height="230" width="290"

Now simply change the numbers to be:

height="390" width="250"

Hit save.

That's it! :)

Brilliant. It actually worked  ;D This kind of stuff is usually nerve-wracking for me as I'm scared of losing everything  ::)
You can check it out on my website  http://just4kix.jimdo.com/ down on the left  :)

Offline Vera Nazarian

• Vermont
  • Trudging along...
    • View Profile
    • Website
Brilliant. It actually worked  ;D This kind of stuff is usually nerve-wracking for me as I'm scared of losing everything  ::)
You can check it out on my website  http://just4kix.jimdo.com/ down on the left  :)

Glad it worked! And looks great on your website!

Oh, and sorry that so many of my books seem to be showing up upon refresh -- I hope more people add books, and soon! ;)

Offline geraldmkilby

• Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • Afterword
Thanks for the feedback. I will spend some time over the weekend tweaking the filtering.

I had thought about the check box idea for genres, and it's not a problem. As soon as there are enough books in the pool I'll set it up.

Will add in the vertical banner option too.

The key with this is to make it fast, accurate and simple so that people can have confidence in it. Will take a bit of time but it's a good start.

BTW, Mad Max was fantastic, loved it.