Kindle Forum banner

This week

19K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  Neekeebee 
#1 ·
This isn't the official first post of the free book club, but this subforum was so empty I had to fill it with something.

I'm nebulinda, I'm going to be leading the first free book club, which will be The Whiskey Rebels. (I just checked, and it's still free. Also, the link maker couldn't find it  :( .) I haven't sat down and figured out the schedule yet, but it's fairly long, so be prepared to read a lot  ;D.

We're starting on Thursday, the 8th of January, so that's when you can expect a post similar to gertie's amazing intro post for Outlander.

#7 ·
Nebulinda!

Yes, this is going to be the subforum for the Free Book Club. The first book as determined by the poll will be The Whiskey Rebels, which is still free!

Nebulinda will post the first reading assignment on Thursday, you'll have a week to read it (or more if you start now!) and then discussion will begin the following Thursday, January 15! The book club will last 6-8 weeks, so the middle of March or so, we'll start another free book.

Woohoo, this is going to be great. Thanks to Nebulinda for signing up to lead this book. If you're going to participate, just give us a quick post!

Betsy

#12 ·
I've had this book awhile but haven't started reading it.  I think I will start it and see if I can keep up with the two book clubs.  This will be the test to see how confused I get.  ;)  I might end up droping one.  I'm so nosey, I'll feel left out if I don't at least attempt it. ;D

#16 ·
Count me in. I thought this one sounded interesting and bought it even though I do not yet have my Kindle. (Can't beat the price!) I just put a hold on the only copy at the local public library via their on-line catalog. Not only is it a DTV but it is Large Print as well. It is good that I am still used to reading large and heavy DT books.  :D
Anna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.