Kindle Forum banner

My Voyage review...

24K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TurboChrge 
#1 ·
Hello all!  :)

I'm new to this forum and found this topic while browsing around so I thought I'd add my personal thoughts on the Kindle Voyage. I've been reading on the Voyage for a few months now and I'm coming from the Paperwhite 2 and the Kindle 4 before that. I've also used various Kindle Fire tablets as well. I've got to say though, the Kindle Voyage is by far my favorite device to read on. The main draws to it for me over the Paperwhite 2 are the brighter frontlight, the page turn buttons with haptic feedback and the size and weight difference (even though it's a small difference I find that every last mm and ounce less counts toward a better experience).  The reason I'd take the Voyage over the Kindle 4 is basically just the frontlight. If I was reading in the sun all the time it wouldn't really matter but sometimes you're reading in the dark or poorly lit room and the frontlight really comes in handy. I do wish that there was an option to turn it off like the Nook Glowlight has but not a deal breaker. I also wish the Voyage was the size and weight of the Kindle 4 as that was a very thin and light ereader with such slim bezels!! I also liked the metallic feel of the Kindle 4 (not sure if it was made of metal or not but it felt like metal to me)... My Voyage actually does have a similar feel to the Kindle 4's to be fair, but since I have it in an origami case it's not really as noticeable. If they were to make a Kindle 4 type ereader (designwise), but with a frontlight I would take that over the Voyage most likely. As for why I prefer the Voyage to Fire tablets is simple. While I enjoy reading on tablets with decent or better than decent resolutions, theres really nothing like e-ink. That's just my opinion, but for me, the no-glare/sharp text/ etched feel of screen and smaller display really add up to a superior experience. I don't even find it fatiguing on my eyes to use LCD screens. It's not about that for me. And I love browsing the web on tablets and my phone. But when it's time to sit down and read for a few hours, I personally like to call on the best tool for the job. So those are my reasons for preferring the Kindle Voyage over the Paperwhite 2, the Kindle 4 and various Fire Tablets that I have used in the past. They are all great devices though and I honestly don't think I've ever used a Kindle device that I wouldn't call great. Amazon just knows how to make great ereaders! Highly recommended!!!

:)

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Betsy! I see you're reading Nexus!! How are you liking it so far? I read that recently and it's sequel Crux! Both great books and the third one is out now too: Apex...

I started Apex a couple weeks ago but got side tracked. It actually just came out at the beginning of the month. But Nexus... really great book, IMO!!!

#5 ·
TurboChrge said:
Hey Betsy! I see you're reading Nexus!! How are you liking it so far? I read that recently and it's sequel Crux! Both great books and the third one is out now too: Apex...

I started Apex a couple weeks ago but got side tracked. It actually just came out at the beginning of the month. But Nexus... really great book, IMO!!!
Absolutely loved it! Need to update my reading bar, LOL! I'm going to read the rest, just not yet! I agree, Nexus was one of the best books I've read in a while.

Have you checked out our Book Corner?

Betsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.