Kindle Forum banner

Elves just want to have fun!

82K views 1K replies 28 participants last post by  Winter9 
#1 ·
The prizes have been awarded but we're not quite ready to end the conversation and the fun!

A number of Kindle Boarders have been playing with one of our favorite Kindle authors, archer, in a Book Bazaar thread called "The Elves are in a giving mood...again!".  So we've decided to relocate here and continue the fun!

If you're a fan of Alterra, a friend/fan of archer's - or just plain curious - jump in!

#1,330 ·
Yes!

Eventful fall. We had to move very quickly, so we bought an appartment.
The fall has gone down in a rush of trying to be ready for christmas , going to treatment for my shoulder and doing continually exercises for it. And there has been three trips :)

Hope you are all well! Finally thought of logging in. Forgot to do it when I got less time to read.

*elfhug*

#1,331 ·
Elfhugs and Elfkisses to Geoff and Winter!! Would love to catch up.
Sounds like Winter's been busy...what about you, Geoff?

Outcaste is nearly ready for release, after some extensive revisions. Iron Promises is up, and I have a new novel in the works (it is a complete secret!). I have been busy, too. Not as productive as I would like to be, but not too bad. Also getting a collection of short works together for later this year.

:)

#1,332 ·
I can't imagine Outcaste with "extensive" revisions, but I'm a purist. I'll buy in to all this editing/revamping/renaming when I read something new that I haven't already fallen in love with. ::)

Glad to see the regulars are still hanging out...and glad to hear about new stuff in the works, Archer! Congrats!

#1,333 ·
But, Brew, Outcaste IS new to about 99% of readers--you were one of the early "test readers." ;-) Outcaste is now with the latest round of beta readers. Based on their feedback, it will either be released or revised further. And then I can really pour my efforts into the new stuff. I, for one, can hardly wait!

So good to hear from you, Brew! xoxo

#1,334 ·
Looking forward to Oucaste! Although the trilogy will never get old. It is like a select few books where you just have to visit once in a while because the characters and stories are so dear. It is like visiting with friends :)
A good example is for example Clan of the Cavebear/Earths Children series,  probably read 10-15 times ^^

#1,336 ·
I think I will too, can't wait :-D is there a set date yet?
In the meantime reading the trilogy at night. I had to read just the Redemption trilogy of Michael R. Hicks for some days now to catch up to my much faster sister, but I like to read more than one at a time. Or just happens maybe, now read Elfhunter trilogy, legend of the sword (In Her Name), Lord of The Rings, a nonfiction about Xerxes the king and always the Bible on the side. Guess I'm not lacking for things to read [emoji14]

#1,337 ·
I found the password for my old account, now I have two.. Just want my old one, wonder how I can remove the new?

#1,339 ·
Thanks I will try that, want to keep the Winter9 one since it has the information about when I got my first kindle and other fun things and I have had that longer:)

#1,340 ·
Just wanted to say that, like Brew, I liked Outcaste as it was.
But I will be happy to enjoy any revision....not because it will necessarily make it better, but because it will make it a slightly different story - and I want more stories from Archer......got that Chris?

#1,341 ·
JUmping in to say hello!

Enjoying my re-read of Elfhunter-trilogy! Reading through Fire-heart now. Decided to finish my re-read before starting Outcaste since I had already started it.

One thing I'm wondering about. Is Outcaste the first book in a new series or is it kind of a book before a new series?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.