Free Parenting Tips AppFree Parenting Tips App

Author Topic: Study books for the Bible  (Read 1980 times)  

Offline melissaj323

• View Profile
Study books for the Bible
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:13:55 AM »
Has anyone put books used for bible study on their kindle? I am wondering how well it would work. It would be great to have all these resources with me (b/c some of the books are REALLY big and heavy), but I just wasn't sure about how easy it was to access what you are looking for.

Some of the books I am interested in purchasing (and I may just buy the DTB anyway) are:

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
  • No. 336
    • View Profile
Re: Study books for the Bible
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:56:54 AM »
Melissa, I have the Halley's Book & I really like it. The articles are very, very informative.
I would suggest you get the samples sent to your Kindle & give them both a look-see.

Offline mrscottishman

• Winchester, TN
  • Scott Hogue
    • View Profile
    • Hogue On Life
Re: Study books for the Bible
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »
I have Nave's Topical bible so far. I am reading  Mike Mason's The Gospel According to Job as a study for Job.  I have a lot of pdf study material that is old and out of coffee write but I am waiting for the 2.5 update to improve pdf support to load it. With the old fine print it isn't practical now. I use the osnova kjv with verse jump and osonova kjv text to speech version.  I would like a good commentary if anyone has suggestions.  I don't see Unger's bible dictionary for the kindle.  I am considering some form of Matthew Henry.

best and be blest,
Scott