KB Featured
Grey Daze: A Lance Underphal Mystery
by Michael Allan Scott

Kindle Edition published 2015-03-29
Bestseller ranking: 167157

Product Description
An IAN Book of the Year Finalist and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the third book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Based on real events, this is one of those dark, disturbing novels that keeps you turning pages.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

It's a mystery- Something is wrong. As Lance Underphal pads softly across the cold flagstone, he hears her weeping. She is on her knees, hunched over in the middle of the room, her back to him, facing the dark fireplace. Something is very wrong. Lance wants to rush to her, but can't. In a hoarse whisper, he says, "Callie?" She lets out a mournful wail from deep within as she turns, their infant son in her arms, blue and still. He reels from the blow. How can this be? They don't have a son.

Author Topic: Do you write by hand or type your book on your laptop?  (Read 502 times)  

Offline Muyassar Sattarova

• Uzbekistan
    • View Profile
Do you write by hand or type your book on your laptop?
« on: Yesterday at 12:15:35 PM »
It seems like I lack any ideas, inspiration in front of the computer. However, I write 2K or more in a draft by hand, then I type it. And you?

Online KelliWolfe

• View Profile
Re: Do you write by hand or type your book on your laptop?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:22:50 PM »
I do the same, except I usually write out a chapter or two at a time. I switched from doing it all in Word about a year ago and my daily word counts more than doubled. It's less about creativity than the fact that I was perpetually re-editing when I was working inside the Word doc all the time.

Olivia Blake | Lessons in Love

Offline C. Rysalis

• The Writer's Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:32:10 PM »
Wow, you sure start a lot of threads with one-line questions in them. There's about... 6 of your threads on the first page, and quite a few more farther back.  :o It's starting to scare me a little bit. Maybe focus on one question at a time, or take part in other people's threads instead?

Five new threads within 15 posts.

This does not bode well.

Olivia Rising | Author page

Online Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
  • Storyteller and Cat Minion
    • View Profile
    • Ineti Press
Re: Do you write by hand or type your book on your laptop?I wri
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:47:52 PM »
I write on an Alphasmart Neo. I've spent so many years typing on keyboards that my handwriting is [crap].

Online geronl

• View Profile
    • Floyd Looney's Sci-Fi
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:12:42 PM »
my handwriting has always been crap, I can day dream while typing though. So that helps.

Floyd Looney

Offline Jaelynn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:18:00 PM »
Both.
Lately Ive been doing my outline by hand and collaborating with the two outlines I wrote on Google docs on my two computers. I need to see everything laid out in front of me lol

Sometimes I think I work better with my notebook even though I type much faster. With my computer I tend to get distracted (even with Freedom enabled...) or my eyes fatigue.
Plus I bought some pretty Pilot G-2 pens that I love writing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stagewalker

• Kissimmee Florida
    • View Profile
    • Stagewalker Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 06:50:05 PM »
Strictly electronic start to finish. If I had a decent keyboard for my tablet, I would probably use that instead of reading trash magazines while waiting for doctors and the like. Not only am I completely electronic, but I use two different word processing programs. I use Open Office for the first draft and MS Word for the PC for everything after that. I use the Open Office spell checker during the first draft, Word's for subsequent drafts and Grammarly for the last couple of passes through the text before it goes to Beta readers. Yes, it's a little OCD, but there you have it.

Robert H. Cherny

Online dgcasey

• Las Vegas
    • View Profile
Re: Do you write by hand or type your book on your laptop?I wri
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:29:49 AM »
I write on an Alphasmart Neo. I've spent so many years typing on keyboards that my handwriting is [crap].

You and me both. It's been so long that I've written anything longer than a thank you note by hand, my handwriting has suffered. I've been thinking of picking up a couple of composition books to get back to writing some by hand, but with my arthritis, I think that's a non-starter. Besides, I'm not going to carry a notebook around when I have my phone with me pretty much everywhere I go. I can dictate anything I want into it and then email the note to myself when I'm finished.
War is coming. They think he can be their leader. He's not so sure.
D Glenn Casey | My author\\\'s blog | My artist\\\'s blog

Online Sailor Stone

• These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    • View Profile
    • Sailorstone.com
« Reply #8 on: Today at 04:28:48 AM »
We need to stop responding to all of these topics by this OP. Not sure what she's about but I'm tired of seeing her piddle about wasting everyone's time.

Sailor Stone | web page | facebook

Online Spin52

• Seattle and Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
    • Amazon author page
« Reply #9 on: Today at 04:50:45 AM »
We need to stop responding to all of these topics by this OP. Not sure what she's about but I'm tired of seeing her piddle about wasting everyone's time.

This.

Tradtional mysteries with a dash of humor -- no cats, no cupcakes
Facebook | Amazon author page

Online Frank Carey

• Mansfield, TX, USA
  • Author, podcaster, and technolgist
    • View Profile
    • Xtreme Self-Publishing Podcast
« Reply #10 on: Today at 06:05:16 AM »
I use a multi-screen computer with full-size, ergonomic keyboard and vertical mouse. It's my thing.

Online Sam Rivers

• Planet Earth
  • Sci Fi Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Today at 08:22:04 AM »

I like her postings since she has some good ideas. If you don't like her postings, then don't read them.
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done.

Robert A. Heinlein

Online Sam Rivers

• Planet Earth
  • Sci Fi Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Today at 08:27:34 AM »
Strictly electronic start to finish.

I post my finished novel on my Kindle and proof it again from there. Then I make corrections from the notes on my Kindle. I never use writing for anything. It is faster and more efficient.

Robert A. Heinlein

Online Rick Partlow

• Central Florida, USA
    • View Profile
    • The Science Fiction of Rick Partlow
« Reply #13 on: Today at 08:38:13 AM »
I write my outline by hand, but everything after that is on one computer or another.

Online dgcasey

• Las Vegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Today at 09:12:04 AM »
I like her postings since she has some good ideas. If you don't like her postings, then don't read them.

Right now, her posts seem to be pretty harmless and I've even replied in a couple of her threads. Until she starts posting long lists of phone numbers and websites where I can find male enhancement pills, I'm willing to let it pass. Especially considering she's posting less than five posts per day on average. How many people post five times that many times each day?

What could be a great addition to the forum is a Block User feature so people like Sailor can ignore her and the rest of us can give her a little rein.
War is coming. They think he can be their leader. He's not so sure.
D Glenn Casey | My author\\\'s blog | My artist\\\'s blog

Online Sam Rivers

• Planet Earth
  • Sci Fi Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:15:06 AM »
Kent Haruf was an author that wrote popular novels such as Our Souls At Night. It was made into a movie that starred Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. We took typing together in High school. He went on to become a college professor who taught writing. He was a slow writer since he did everything the hard way. He typed the novel out of his typewriter and then had his wife proof each chapter and write the corrections on the paper. He didn't like computers so he stuck with his typewriter. It took him about six years to write a novel.

He was successful though so that was the important thing. We all have our own style of writing.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Orchid6

• Tbilisi, Georgia
  • I love books, animated movies and games
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:29:41 AM »
When I began writing I wrote with my pen in a big notebook, but then I went on with a laptop and a keyboard as it became more comfortable for me. It is a lot faster this way, too, and I lose less energy. ^^

I am a writer, game writer and screenwriter. Children's/YA author.
Tamuna Tsertsvadze | Tamuna Tsertsvadze's blog | Facebook site | Wattpad profile | Twitter profile

Offline Ryan W. Mueller

• Missour, United States
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:41:52 AM »
I hate writing by hand. I'm much faster on my laptop, and it's much easier on my hand and wrist.

Ryan W. Mueller | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Mailing List