Author Topic: Kobo promos  (Read 397 times)  

Offline KGGiarratano

• View Profile
    • Kimberly G. Giarratano
Kobo promos
« on: July 14, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »
Can anyone share their results with Kobo promos? How many books were downloaded for a free promo? How long did it take before you saw subsequent sales on other books in the series. Thanks!

Kimberly G. Giarratano | website | facebook | newsletter | twitter

Offline DesertRatRose

• View Profile
Re: Kobo promos
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 06:00:58 PM »
I don't mind sharing my results. I had a free book promo, which ran from May 28 - June 3rd. In June the book received 980 free downloads.
41 of those readers went to book 2 in the series, 30 went to book 3, and 24 went to book 4 (all priced at $4.99). The promo has also sparked free downloads of book ones in other series I've written. Plus I'm still seeing downloads and sales this month. Hey, it was more than what I had going on, and it only cost me $10, so I'm happy with the results.

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »
The two $10 ones I've done have been great.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
C. Gockel | facebook | tumblr | website

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
  • Born in the UK, raised in Spain, now Australian
    • View Profile
    • Home page
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 09:23:44 PM »
I did a $12 'free sf' one and got 100 downloads a day for just over a week. It's still ticking along, and a different title which has yet to score a promo has been doing about 5/day, so that gives you an idea of the effectiveness.

Also yWriter novel writing software & SalesScanner, a free KDP/Google/Smashwords/Createspace sales analyser for PC. (Mac soon)

Online PaulineMRoss

• Nairn, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • The Brightmoon Annals
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 01:51:11 AM »
I've run a couple of promos on my free first-in-series epic fantasy. The regular promo (6, ~$10) gave me a small bump in downloads and a few follow-on sales. The editor's pick (15, ~$20) gave me a much better bump (>100 downloads the first day, continuing in smaller numbers for several days) and better sell-through which was quite steady for weeks. They're so cheap they're well worth while, IMO.

Pauline M. Ross (epic fantasy) Website | Mary Kingswood (Regency romances) Website 
Bookbub status: 2 for 70

Offline Dale Ivan Smith

• Greater Portlandia
    • View Profile
    • Dale Ivan Smith
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »
Kobo accepted my Book 1 in my series for an editor's choice in science fiction and fantasy. It ran for five days from June 18 to 23. The book continues to see downloads worldwide. Since June 18th, there have been 785 downloads on Kobo. I'm quite pleased with the result. It's done better than my other recent free promotions from some of the sponsor sites, and is very likely responsible for the majority of the income I've earned on Kobo in June and July.

Dale Ivan Smith | Website | Facebook

Offline Simon Haynes

• Perth, Australia
  • Born in the UK, raised in Spain, now Australian
    • View Profile
    • Home page
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »
It's funny, they keep accepting books and box sets from one series of mine, but not the other. Trying again now, and we'll see how it goes.

Also yWriter novel writing software & SalesScanner, a free KDP/Google/Smashwords/Createspace sales analyser for PC. (Mac soon)

Offline KGGiarratano

• View Profile
    • Kimberly G. Giarratano
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 09:15:03 AM »
Thanks all for the info.

Kimberly G. Giarratano | website | facebook | newsletter | twitter