Kindle Forum banner

Experienced Professional Proofreader Going Independent

57K views 437 replies 20 participants last post by  margdean56 
#1 ·
My name is Margaret Dean and I've worked as a freelance proofreader for professional publishing houses for the past thirty years. Now I'm bringing my expertise to the independent publishing market.

I'll go over your work with an experienced eye; I'll catch typos, correct spelling and punctuation errors, iron out grammar and usage glitches, and do whatever else is needed to give it the professional, literate polish it deserves.

All varieties of fiction welcome short of full-on erotica (romance-level sex scenes are fine); I'm a longtime SF & fantasy reader and won't boggle at alien terminology or invented languages. I can also handle non-fiction written for general audiences.

• Rates: $.35 per 100 words, with a $50.00 minimum, for a two-week turnaround. Rush rates (1 week turnaround or less) $.50 per 100 words.

• Software: Microsoft Word Track Changes

• Contact Information: Email me at margdean56@gmail.com

Special Introductory Offer: If you're an author I've never worked with before, you'll get 10% off the first job I receive from you.

Check out my profile at LinkedIn: <https://www.linkedin.com/in/margaret-r-dean/>

See less See more