Kindle Forum banner

Next San Francisco Bay Area Meet-up: January 20, 2019

15K views 141 replies 21 participants last post by  Alan Petersen 
#1 ·

I've also set up a mailing list to keep folks updated with details on the meet-ups:

http://alanpetersen.com/kboards-wc-meetup/

I also set up a closed private Facebook group (you must live in the Bay Area to join the FB group. When requesting to join the group let me know that you're coming from the Kboards so I can approve it faster): https://www.facebook.com/groups/699delancey/

If you live in the Bay Area or you're in town visiting, join us for a Kboards meet up! It doesn't matter where you're at in your writing career (rock star, newbie or anywhere in-between). It will be a fun way to get away from our computers and meet fellow Writers Cafe/Kboards peeps.

We'll be meeting at the Crossroads Cafe which is easy to get to via BART, Muni, Caltrain, and car (see details below).

The cafe has excellent food, desserts, coffee, tea, and beer.

The details:

Date: Marchg 17, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM
Address: 699 Delancey Street, San Francisco (https://goo.gl/maps/RZNJigagf4J2)

How to get there?

BART- Closest BART station is Embarcadero (from here you can either take a 15-20-minute walk or hop on Muni and get off at the Brannan & Embarcadero station it's then a short walk from the Brannan Station)
MUNI - Closest MUNI station is Brannan (from here head south down Embarcadero, take a right onto Delancey Street and you'll see the cafe on your right - 2-3-minute walk).
Caltrain - from the 4th and King Street Station, you can either walk down The Embarcadero (about 10-15 minutes) or hop on Muni.
By Car - If you drive, there is a lot of metered parking spots on Delancey and Brannan streets and parking is free on Sundays (meters are not enforced on Delancey and Brannon streets on Sundays).

See less See more
#2 ·
Oooo ... I'll try for it! :)

#4 ·
Becca Mills said:
Oooo ... I'll try for it! :)
That would be great to meet in person! Hope you can make it.

CarlaBaku said:
Excellent! Definitely going to try to make this one. :)
Love your Birds avatar. ;D We drove up to Bodega Bay a couple years ago, and I was telling my wife that this is where Alfred Hitchcock filmed The Birds. And guess who was there? Tippi Hedren! They were having some sort of The Birds related event and she was there signing autographs. I had no idea this was going on, we just drove up there on a whim. A big thrill for a Hitchcock fan like myself.

#7 ·
writerbee said:
Oh, darn... :( Sunday Sept 27th I'll be at the Shut Up & Write Meet-Up (at Celtic Coffee Cafe)
I really wanted to meet some other KBoarders, too..Maybe next time :-(

DMac

p.s. thanks for organizing this, Alan!
I organized a few Meetups at the Celtic Cafe before moving them to the Crossroads cafe. This is the first Kboards Meetup, so if there is interest and folks show up, I'll organize more meetups so stay tuned.

I'm in the Shut Up and Write meetup group but haven't attented any of their meetups yet. Seems like a great idea to get some serious writing done. ;D

#9 ·
Alan Petersen said:
I organized a few Meetups at the Celtic Cafe before moving them to the Crossroads cafe. This is the first Kboards Meetup, so if there is interest and folks show up, I'll organize more meetups so stay tuned.

I'm in the Shut Up and Write meetup group but haven't attented any of their meetups yet. Seems like a great idea to get some serious writing done. ;D
I'm here now ;-D we just finished our lunch break now in the final session for the day. The SU&W meetups are great! I get so much more writing done than in the comfort of my own home, b/c at home I'm too easily distracted.
You should drop by some time! This particular SU&W group meets at Celtic Café ont eh 1st and 3rd Saturday and the 2nd and 4th Sunday, 9am - 3 pm.

DMac

#11 ·
Diane Patterson said:
I'll be there! Woot woot.
Awesome!

writerbee said:
I'm here now ;-D we just finished our lunch break now in the final session for the day. The SU&W meetups are great! I get so much more writing done than in the comfort of my own home, b/c at home I'm too easily distracted.
You should drop by some time! This particular SU&W group meets at Celtic Cafe ont eh 1st and 3rd Saturday and the 2nd and 4th Sunday, 9am - 3 pm.

DMac
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

#13 ·
Bummer Marsha!
I always want to go to these meet ups, and end up having plans already. I'm working Ren Fair at Casa De Fruita for the next several weekends. But I"ll be thinkin' of you all as I'm tromping around faire. I'll raise my pint to you. Hope the heat isn't getting to you all. Take care. Maybe next time.  ;)

PS: Any of you doing NANO? I'm participating this year in the Writing Dangerously event that is happening in the City. Any of you doing that event as well? Meet up before that would be cool.

#15 ·
We're just about two weeks away from the meetup!

TiffanyTurner said:
Bummer Marsha!
I always want to go to these meet ups, and end up having plans already. I'm working Ren Fair at Casa De Fruita for the next several weekends. But I"ll be thinkin' of you all as I'm tromping around faire. I'll raise my pint to you. Hope the heat isn't getting to you all. Take care. Maybe next time. ;)

PS: Any of you doing NANO? I'm participating this year in the Writing Dangerously event that is happening in the City. Any of you doing that event as well? Meet up before that would be cool.
I don't know about the others, but I'm not doing NANO. I'm not familiar with the Writing Dangerously event, but I googled it. I'm assuming it's this one? http://nanowrimo.org/writeathon

#21 ·
One final bump. Kboard writers are meeting up today in the city at 2:00 PM (location details on the first post of this thread).  I'll be about thirty minutes early to grab a table. I'll be outside in the patio area of the cafe. You walk into the cafe and head towards the restrooms in the back and you'll see the doors leading to the outdoor patio. I'll be out there. I'll have a piece paper with Kboards written on it.

Hope to see you there!

#24 ·
It was great to meet you too, Diane and Dan (and friend) :)

Thanks Alan for arranging the meetup. It was a lively afternoon of shop talk and brainstorming book 2 with Dan, talking mystery and zombies with Diane, and catching up with Alan's latest/forthcoming book plans.

I'm sure on board to make the Bay Area KBoards meetup a regular thing.

#25 ·
It was great getting together in real life! It's great to talk shop with other shopkeepers. ;D

It truly was a Bay Area meetup with people coming from the East Bay, Peninsula, and the City.

I'll look at dates for October.

I'll keep this thread updated, but I've also set up a mailing list just for this group, so you can sign up here:

http://alanpetersen.com/kboards-wc-meetup/

I will only send out emails about upcoming Meetups and nothing else, so no worries there.

#26 ·
Oh, poo! I totally forgot this was happening yesterday.

Well, not sure I could've broken away from the tyranny of child care, anyway.  :'(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.