Author Topic: Book Klub: Deadly Vision by Rick Reed, starts May 3 (Reading with the Author)  (Read 5892 times)  

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Rick Reed, one of our author members, has graciously agreed to lead a Book Klub on his novel Deadly Vision, beginning May 3.  Thanks, Rick!!!  Woohoo!

This will be the fourth in our series, Reading with the Author (after Mike Hicks's In Her Name beginning Feb 1, Al Past's Distant Cousin beginning March 9 and Jeff Hepple's Gone for a Soldier beginning Apr 2).

Here's a link to the book

Review
Horror fiction's most original voice knows how to spin a tale that makes a reader double check the door locks and windows. It is at once smart and twisted. -- Gregg Olsen, New York Times Bestselling True-Crime Author

Rick R. Reed moves to the head of the graveyard with this bone-chilling story of a reluctant psychic, a pair of maniacal killers, and the slaughter of innocence. Fiendishly good! -- Victor J. Banis, author of Longhorns

Product Description
What If You Suddenly Became Psychic and Could Stop Two Cold-Blooded Killers? What if...No One Believed You? Small-town single mom Cass D'Angelo's life changes when a thunderstorm sweeps into her small Ohio River town. Cass must venture out in it to hunt for her son, seven-year-old Max. Lightning strikes a tree near her and a branch to the head knocks her unconscious. When Cass awakens a couple days later, she sees into the deepest secrets of those around her. Worse, some teenage girls have gone missing, and Cass sees their grisly fates. The discovery opens the door to a whole new life. The police are suspicious. The press wants to make her a celebrity. And the killers are desperate to know how she found their carefully concealed grave. Cass finds an ally in Dani Westwood, a local reporter. The two women begin to probe into the disappearances/murders and start to forge a romance. When Cass's little boy, Max, disappears, Cass must race against the clock to find him...before it's too late.
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Lizzy

• View Profile
Thats cool because i just bought it.  :)
Adopt A Word at http://www.savethewords.org/

Dont let these words be dropped from our dictionary!

My adopted word:  Vacivity  -  Emptiness

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
    • View Profile
WoW how cool ;D I just bought the book.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:04:14 PM by Anne »

Offline horrorauthor

• Seattle, WA
  • Rick R. Reed
    • View Profile
    • Rick R. Reed WRITER
I'm looking forward to leading the discussion and hopefully giving you a little up close and personal insight into how the book came to be and to answer any questions that only the author could know.

Can't wait until May. Please let your friends know!

Rick

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
    • View Profile
Count me in Rick! I will try and wait until April to read the book.  ???

Linda

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Do I need to say I'm in?  I think I'm doing ALL the book klubs!  LOL!

Thanks Rick, I'm really looking forward to these!

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline JoAnn

• Georgia
  • Member #512
    • View Profile
I've already read it...loved it...and wouldn't mind reading it again.  Count me in!!

Offline mickey17

• View Profile
Just bought it!  Count me in - I just finished High Risk and really enjoyed it - looking forward to reading this one too!

Offline Dallas

• Hudson, OH
    • View Profile
Count me in as well.  I won't have my Kindle until March but will have plenty of time to be ready by May 1.  I love a good horror/thriller.  I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Offline AngelWorks

• View Profile
WoO0t.

I'm in, book purchased!

Offline jaspertyler

• View Profile
This is great!  I love his books!  I already read this one.  When I first got my Kindle someone mentioned one of his books and I tried it out and since have tried to find as many of his books as I could find in ebook format!  You will love this book!  :) 

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac