Kindle Forum banner

$49.99 FIRE!

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Speaker-To-Animals 
#1 ·
#4 ·
What is cool you can expand memory using a memory card.  I  think that is cool.  Nice to know if my kindle dies it will only be a little  money to replace.  Now only if they would reduce the  price of Electra.  I want that more than anything but think they should reduce the price for prime members.  They had Echo on HSN Saturday night for $199.00

#6 ·
Amazon Echo.  I am drooling  at the though of  having my amazon prime music free of my computer.   

#8 ·
a few of the professional sites that review new electronic devices of all sorts have had a chance to test the
$49.99 7" Kindle...the consensus is a good review,but, all make mention of the lower screen resolution from the 6" Kindle Fire...

My Question is: I use Kindle's strictly for reading and use larger tablets for Nelflix, Amazon Streaming Video,etc...Will I even notice the difference while reading???

#9 ·
I have a number of different tablets and I've found that the higher resolution ones are best for reading.  For watching videos there's not much difference.  When reading text the difference is considerable.

That said I've done more than a little bit of reading on lower resolution devices than the new Kindle Fire and it hasn't been a problem.  It's just that it's a LOT nicer with higher resolution.

By the way, the place where the difference is greatest is when reading comic books.  I don't read a lot of comics but I do now and then and I find it very difficult to read the text on anything but a fairly large very high resolution screen.  On a high-res screen it's pretty easy and I can even read it, although not easily, on a small screen if the resolution is good enough.  In the case of comics the text is less sharp anyway and I need all the help I can get.

Barry

#10 ·
geniebeanie said:
Amazon Echo. I am drooling at the though of having my amazon prime music free of my computer.
I've had my Echo since June and I love listening to my music with just voice commands. Sometimes it doesn't understand me although it's getting better. I try to give my playlists easy to say names. Right now, it's playing my Fall 2015 list. The music fills the room on the highest volumes--loud enough that I have to shout to get her to hear me to tell her to turn the volume down. It comes with a hand held remote too, but I always forget about that. Next favorite use is setting timers. We use that one daily. Otherwise, it's a bit of a novelty device when people come over. :D

#11 ·
I agree with very high resolution is much nicer for reading text. Whether it's nice enough to justify a higher priced tablet is something which have to decide of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.