Kindle Forum banner

FYI: Sunday morning, Amazon pages semi-down

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ann in Arlington 
#1 ·
Apparently they're rolling out an upgrade -- and there's some fairly reliable sources saying Amazon web services is down in at least one region.  I've been able to access/buy books from my phone app, but there are no buy buttons on the main website page.  I've checked using multiple browsers and different accounts. 

But I did get my newspaper delivered promptly to my kindle this morning and I can still download my content. I also got an email confirmation of expected delivery of a physical item that should come next week.

#8 ·
So . . . when I first became aware of the issue on Sunday morning,  I decided to send Amazon an email alerting them to the issue on the off chance they didn't already know.

Well, I got a response!

Basically they said, "Yeah, thanks, there's a glitch in the system and we're working on it.  Meanwhile, sorry for your trouble and we've applied a $5 promotional credit to your account."

So super customer service!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.