Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Forum Outage  (Read 6956 times)  

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Forum Outage
« on: September 28, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »
Unfortunately, our forum was down for about an hour, I think.  We passed a support ticket on to the provider, and it appears they've straightened things out for the time being.  Still waiting to hear what the issue was.  Thanks for your patience.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline TimothyEllis

• Somewhere in space.
  • Aussie in the 27th century.
    • View Profile
    • Timothy Ellis Author
Re: Forum Outage
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
From your posting time, I'd make it closer to 2 hours. I tried to get on around 10pm last night, and couldn't. Your post is timed 23.53 my time.

The message suggested the server was busy, but it was one of those messages which doesn't really tell you much, so anything could have happened.

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Forum Outage
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »
Actually, there were two separate outages over the course of the two hours, Timothy.  The first one was relatively short, and I was able to restart the servers. However, after that, there was a second outage that I had to ask our service provider to investigate and they were apparently able to fix it.  I know that one lasted about an hour because I can see a sequential list of posts, and there was about an hour gap.

Based on the time you report, your problem logging in was during the first short outage.

I don't usually post something about the short outages (<30 minutes), but in this case, since there were two so close together, perhaps I should have.  ;)

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store