Author Topic: Send-To-Kindle help  (Read 31749 times)  

Offline Richard Sutton

• Long Island, NY
  • "Deserving's got nothin' to do with it..."
    • View Profile
    • Saille Tales -- Unique Fiction for Readers...
Send-To-Kindle help
« on: October 08, 2015, 06:36:41 AM »
My primary device is a Nook Tablet, but since many authors only produce Kindle eBooks, I finally got the Kindle App for my Windows Phone. It works okay, but I have found I need to have a "Send-to Kindle email address" which I don't know how to create. If I follow the help on AMAZON through my profile, it tells me all kinds of related things except where or how I can get the send-to address. I download stuff directly from Amazon to the phone all the time, but I need to be able to send mobi docs from other writers into the device, too. Any ideas?

Richard Sutton | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Send-To-Kindle help
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
Go to your account on Amazon and go to Manage Your Content and Devices.

On the page that comes up, click the Your Devices tab.

This will show you all the devices you have that are registered as kindle devices -- both actual Kindles and Fires, and any phones, other tablets, or laptops you might have.

Click any one of them and some information shows below including the email address.

For sending . . . you can attach a file to an email and send to that address, but the easier way is to download the "Send to Kindle" app from Amazon

Send Documents and Web Pages to Your Kindle

With that, you don't need to know specific email addresses, you just right click on the file and indicate what devices the file should be sent to. You can even fix the title and author so it will show correctly.

You might also want to see if you can't get the Kindle App on your Nook tablet. If you can't get it from Google Play, it might be available to download from a third party site like 1Mobile. I'm pretty sure I've heard of people being able to do that. Might depend on which Nook tablet you have . . . but if it was me, I'd give it a try.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR