Kindle Forum banner

New Review System on Amazon

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Betsy the Quilter 
#1 ·
I went to post a review I'd written onto Amazon this morning. When I clicked the "Add Customer Review" button, I was presented with a list of books (the book I was viewing at the top). Some had the traditional star ratings, and some had three buttons to describe the plot ("Predictable", "Some Twists", "Full of Surprises"). In fact, it alternated book for book.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I just want to write a textual review. I personally dislike having to distill my thoughts on a book into pre-defined values. I want my words to speak for themselves. I'm not even a fan of giving star ratings, but these three buttons have really turned me off. The end result was that I didn't leave the review because try as I might, I couldn't find a way to do it in the traditional way.

What do other people think?

#4 ·
I don't get the writing classification type very often--not sure I've gotten one in a while.  I wonder if it depends on what you are reading on....

Betsy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.