Author Topic: Googleplay?  (Read 6982 times)  

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
  • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
    • View Profile
Googleplay?
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:23:17 AM »
With the new Kindles is it still easy to install apps like Googleplay and Chrome? I know before you could install the apk using ES Fire Explorer and checking the setting for installing from unknown sources. Can this method still be used?

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Googleplay?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »
With the new Kindles is it still easy to install apps like Googleplay and Chrome? I know before you could install the apk using ES Fire Explorer and checking the setting for installing from unknown sources. Can this method still be used?

You mean on new Fires? I assume nothing will have changed -- so you can still set to get apps from 'unknown sources' and install from anywhere.  I think that's an android feature as contrasted with Apple's closed system.

I don't believe, though, that you can access Google Play DIRECTLY via the Fire browser -- though you can access other app sites, like 1Mobile.

Even if you do load apps via another vendor like 1Mobile, or by copying the files, it's possible that certain apps just won't work properly.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:34:04 PM by Ann in Arlington »

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
  • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
    • View Profile
Re: Googleplay?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:32:29 AM »
Yeah I did some more research and you are right. I'm better off with one of the Samsung tablets.

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P