KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Social Media Strategy That Creates Income - Free on Amazon August 17-21  (Read 686 times)  

Offline Howtoguru

• Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada
  • Online Systems Author and Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Howtoguru Mobile Friendly Site
This book is free for download on Amazon for the next 5 days - from August 17-21.  Be sure to get your free copy. All subsequent reviews of the book on Amazon are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
- Dan Grijzenhout
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:28:04 PM by Howtoguru »

Author, online content creator, online trainer, and professional consultant
Dan Grijzenhout | Home Site | Mobile Site | Marketing Consulting | YouTube | Google+ | Facebook | Udemy Course Profile | My Training Courses | Skillshare

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
My recently published book in it's E-Book version is free on Amazon until December 14th.  If you download and like it, I would appreciate a review on the book on the Amazon site. Thank you for checking it out.

Best wishes,
- Dan Grijzenhout

Only 2 days left for you to download this book for free!

Dan Grijzenhout | Home Site | Mobile Site | Marketing Consulting | YouTube | Google+ | Facebook | Udemy Course Profile | My Training Courses | Skillshare

Offline Wayne Russell

• Newcastle, Australia
    • View Profile
Will download and check it out.

Author of The Butterfly Quest

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile

Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book!  :)

Much of what follows you should already be aware of, as it was included in the information you agreed to when you signed up. So please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread. :) )

KBoards is a Fan forum for Readers, Writers and Kindle Lovers. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
Re: Social Media Strategy That Creates Income - Check Out My New Book
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 05:43:41 AM »
Thank you for posting this message. I've read it through and understand better how this all works. 

Best wishes,
- Dan

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »
For those wanting to know a little about my book.  This is a very detailed work with many solid tips in it that will help anyone wanting to start, build and grow an online business.  I have been building business systems for Fortune level clients for over 30 years - my last project before starting to write about it through this book was to build a marketing system for major airlines and travel corporations including Air Canada and WestJet.  I was both the Project Manager and Lead Architect for the entire system - so I have a lot of technical depth and Internet business savvy.  In this book I provide detailed insights into such topics as how to build your websites and blog sites, how to improve your SEO and Google rankings, implementing E-mail and Auto-responder systems and building your e-mail lists, YouTube video creation tips and how to increase views to your YouTube videos, ways you can make money online, how to pick business niches so you are making generating incomes from multiple sources online, when, where and how to use both organic and paid traffic generation strategies to your websites, how to streamline your web and blog sites so the pages load faster, and more.  If you want to fine-tune your business and/or improve your profitability, I really do recommend this book to you.  You will learn valuable things through it you will probably never learn elsewhere.

Best wishes,
Dan Grijzenhout

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »
Here is an excerpt from one section of my book...hope it interests you.  Best wishes, - Dan

CUSTOM WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT OR WORDPRESS?
There are two prevalent website construction approaches being utilized on the Internet today.  The first of these approaches is custom website development where your development environment allows you to be easily exposed to the programming logic of what you create and you can work within the programming logic to create exactly what you want to create. The second of these approaches shields you to a significant extent from the program logic and you construct your website through a series of tools in a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) environment where you utilize a series of templates, tools and plug-ins to get the job done without delving into the code itself.

In the earlier days of coding websites, and I am only going back around 10 years ago, custom website development required you to learn in detail a number of programming languages to get the job done and you pretty much had to pay professional developers to build your websites for you.  And this could get quite costly.  Even today, to build a website of any higher sophistication level, will require you to have significant programming skills. 

You will need to know languages such as HTML and PHP at the website presentation layer level, languages like  JQuery, and SQL if you want to interact with databases, database modelling and design to design your databases and database tools themselves to build the databases (such as Access, MYSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, etc.) .  And if you want to interface with 3rd party systems such as travel, car rental and booking systems as just one example, then you will need to be learning additional languages like XML.  Not to mention the development tools you will need to learn such as Adobe Dreamweaver or Microsoft Visual Studio.  This should give you pause if you are just starting out in a business and you are thinking about building a custom website for yourself. It is not easy work.

However, there are opportunities for you to still go the custom website development route these days if the level of sophistication in the site you are desiring is not too extensive and if it falls within the patterns of website templates available for purchase from any number of vendors today.  You still cant go too far off the reservation, but you can now reasonably expect to be able to purchase a template website design from a vendor and construct a website of your own without too great a learning curve.

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 12:37:26 AM »
I was just looking around Create Space where I have my book for sale as well but did not see an online site for Create Space books such as there is with Kindle.  Do they have a site where you can go to look at and select physical books for purchase?  Maybe I am missing something on their site where I published my print book...

Best wishes,
- Dan

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:26 AM »
I haven't done much to promote the book lately as my focus has been elsewhere this past month, but it was nice to see my book break the top 100 in Amazon in a couple of categories in February:

68 in Computers and Technology and 93 in Social Media.

Nice to see it trending upward and making a few sales.

Best wishes, - Dan

Offline Howtoguru

• View Profile
Re: Social Media Strategy That Creates Income - Free on Amazon August 17-21
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »
Don't miss out on this free book deal starting August 17th.  It's a very useful reference book for anyone building a business online.  Best wishes, Dan Grijzenhout - Author.