Kindle Forum banner

Opinions please

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  EricaRidesDragons 
#1 ·
I currently own a Fire HDX 8.9 inch, 64 gb tablet. It works just fine. The only complaint I have is the size/weight after hand surgery. Should I even be considering one of the new Fire tablets, especially since I would be losing so much in terms of screen resolution? I have an e ink reader, so the Fire is more for web browsing and Amazon videos. Just looking for opinions from those of you who have seen or used both. Thanks!

Susie

#3 ·
Susie,

Is your hand strength a long time issue or just recovery after surgery? I don't hold my tablets very often; I have a stand on my table where I generally hang out. You might consider a stand, especially for videos, or one of the pyramid pillows that could sit on your lap.

Here's one version that comes in several different colors (and the different colors are different prices for some reason, I guess based on popularity).

#6 ·
jkingrph said:
If you like the larger screen, go with a pillow. Otherwise, I like the smaller size and weight of the Voyage to hand hold.
I think Susie is specifically looking for a tablet that she can watch videos on; she's going to keep her eink reader for reading.

Betsy

#7 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Susie,

Is your hand strength a long time issue or just recovery after surgery? I don't hold my tablets very often; I have a stand on my table where I generally hang out. You might consider a stand, especially for videos, or one of the pyramid pillows that could sit on your lap.

Here's one version that comes in several different colors (and the different colors are different prices for some reason, I guess based on popularity).

I love the Peeramid for holding my tablets!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.