Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Author sorry - wrong first post on stop auto-correct/... kindle 7 HD...  (Read 836 times)  

Offline rgh2016

• View Profile
Does anyone know how to turn off the word suggestions that appear above the touch keyboard - on any use that brings up that keyboard.  Also, I think related, how to stop auto-correct when typing in text or browser (Silk or Firefox) fields.  It's extremely irritating and at times it's been impossible to, for example, get a correct search executed before the kindle "corrects" the text I've typed to something I don't want.
Author follow-up post below with apparent answer:

I think I found out how to eliminate both the auto-correct, etc. features and the word suggestions.
From: From:  http://www.technipages.com/kindle-fire-enable-disable-auto-correction-capitalization   dated March 17 2015
Kindle Fire HDX & HD

Swipe down the bar at the top of the screen and choose Settings.
    Select Language & Keyboard.
    Select Keyboard Settings.
    Set Auto capitalization and Auto-correction to On or Off as desired. You might want to change Next Word Prediction also if you have a preference on whether or not the Kindle Fire should try to predict what word you are typing."

I also found that selecting "personal dictionary" on the same settings page - selecting all words and deleting them stops the repetitive previously used words that appear above the on-screen keyboard

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: Author sorry - wrong first post on stop auto-correct/... kindle 7 HD...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:35:12 AM »
No worries . . . I deleted the post in the kindle TTT section. :)

Yes . . .there's a setting for "Keyboard" that should have a number of options . . one of which is auto-correct on/off.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR