KB Featured Book
Wish Granted! Tips, Tools, and Templates to Write a Winning Grant
by Holly Rustick

$1.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-08-22
Bestseller ranking: 95983

Product Description
INCLUDES BONUS FREE E-DOWNLOADS: TEMPLATES FOR GRANT WRITING!

Grant writing shouldn’t feel like a trip to the dentist. Take the pain out of the process with this innovative and fun, yes fun, guide. Learn all the inside tips and tools of the grant-writing trade in this easy-to-read and upbeat book.
This book is definitely for you if:
•You break out in a cold sweat when your boss mentions the word ‘grant’.
•You’ve been tempted to throw your computer against the wall while writing a grant.
•You happily tell stakeholders there’s plenty of grants out there … but haven’t the faintest idea how to write and get one!
•You think you can send out a bog-standard letter to a bunch of organizations and get funded.
•Your eyes glaze over when you’re presented with grant writing jargon and acronyms.
•Your organization’s grant success A-game has r...

Author Topic: New eInk reader being crowd-funded  (Read 3090 times)  

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
New eInk reader being crowd-funded
« on: March 19, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »
I ran across this today, a proposed eInk Android tablet with a 13.3 inch screen:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/13-3-inch-android-e-reader#/

Mike

What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
  • Introverts Unite (Separately)
    • View Profile
Re: New eInk reader being crowd-funded
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »
I ran across this today, a proposed eInk Android tablet with a 13.3 inch screen:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/13-3-inch-android-e-reader#/

Mike

I've looked lovingly at the Sony 13.3 inch eInk reader many times, and this looks even better. since the Sony only does PDF. I think it's certainly worth the price because the eink screen that really pushes that up (only one manufacturer, so no competition to bring the price down, I think).

I wish I had enough money to throw it around, because that would be my next toy.

THE FAMILIAR and THE INNOCENT DEAD are Kindle Scout Winners |  Jillnojack.com

Offline KeraEmory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
Don't mean to be a downer, but literally no piece of equipment I've crowd-sourced has ever shown up in my possession. I'd wait till they actually bring it to market.

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 08:12:46 PM »
That's not being a downer, it's being practical. For myself, I would never spend money on crowd-funded projects. Very few of the ones I'm aware of came to pass. Wasn't the Veronica Mars movie a crowd-funded project? or something like it? And the Pebble watch?

Mike
What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

Offline KeraEmory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »
Yes on both. And of course the Oculus Rift. But the little reasonable seeming gadgets I've backed, both of which have been products of a type that already existed (a cool mobile charging station and a sous vide circulator), well, it's going on two years on the latter, and naught but the sound of crickets lately. I can't even remember when they were originally supposed to come to market, about a year ago I think. I gave up and bought a different brand.

The only thing I've successfully backed was a YouTube show called Cooking with Drag Queens. :)

Offline Jill Nojack

• Sixth Circle
  • Introverts Unite (Separately)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »
Don't mean to be a downer, but literally no piece of equipment I've crowd-sourced has ever shown up in my possession. I'd wait till they actually bring it to market.

The only thing I've crowd-funded was a "cloud" router, which I did end up with. But it was from a company that already had products on the market. It's an excellent router--I just bought a second one as a backup, because my job depends on being able to access the internet. The original is still going strong after three years, though. But the "cloud" function wasn't really ready for prime time on it (and there are too many other options for cloud storage now that are simply easer), so I picked up my backup on a discontinued items sale.

I'd cloud fund again, but not with expensive items. Router for $30? Yeah. $700 ebook reader. Ah, no...no matter how seductive that 13 inch screen is.

THE FAMILIAR and THE INNOCENT DEAD are Kindle Scout Winners |  Jillnojack.com

Offline DSpaceNine

• Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »
I've backed that campaign and am eagerly awaiting my 13.3" e-reader. The possibilities are pretty exciting.

Offline MagicalWingLT

• Brick, NJ
  • Reading Amanda Ashley, and Christine Feehan Books.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »
The problem I would have with this is that it needs to be refreshed every time you touch the screen. It's worse if you want to read a Manga or comic. And even with reading just a book it needs a refresh. With the Kindle, this doesn't happen. It only needs a refresh after 6 or so pages. And I think the screen is too big.

(Make your own reading bar)A Kindle 1, 3 (Keyboard), and Paperwhite owner. I just love reading romance novels :P

Offline Shapeshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:50 PM »
It would be fantastic for textbooks for uni, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though, for one reason, google!

Offline kindlecollector

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 03:13:48 PM »
It would be fantastic for textbooks for uni, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole though, for one reason, google!

I tend to agree.  Good for engineering drawings and possibly some Manga but too big for day to day e-reading.  I have a couple of the old Kindle DX units including the last production run Graphite with the e-ink Pearl screen and to me this is about the largest practical for day to day book reading at home, in a easy chair.  I have readers from the 5" Kobo mini through the Kobo 6.8" and 7.8" units and the new 7" Kindle Oasis..  5" is too small.  The 6.8" through 7.8" are great while still being reasonably light weight and portable.  The Kindle DX is fine for home use but too big for easy transport.  A 13" screen, no thanks.