Kindle Forum banner

.deleted post.

45K views 288 replies 83 participants last post by  Bookread 
#1 ·
.deleted post.

#7 ·
melodybremen said:
Thank you! This is awesome and I'm sure it took a lot of time!
Thank you! It did (and still does). I've even had to put a brief pause on accepting new applicants because I have so many. There's 25 of them waiting for me to process them. It's a good problem to have, though. It only makes for a better resources for writers. : )

#19 ·
Briefly, but when I skim the first page I see stuff that looks like big name/trad publisher, e.g., Dan Simmons. Are these sites accepting indie submissions? (Yes, I realize I need to do some legwork and look myself as well, but just the first thing I noticed.)

(Edit: And when I drilled down to a few, the first was 404, the second was "Please note: I’ve decided to close review requests for the time being." Thank you for the effort, though. I'll keep digging.)

#21 ·
KeraEmory said:
Briefly, but when I skim the first page I see stuff that looks like big name/trad publisher, e.g., Dan Simmons. Are these sites accepting indie submissions? (Yes, I realize I need to do some legwork and look myself as well, but just the first thing I noticed.)

(Edit: And when I drilled down to a few, the first was 404, the second was "Please note: I've decided to close review requests for the time being." Thank you for the effort, though. I'll keep digging.)
It's a requirement to be on the directory that they accept indie books. If it's a big 5 publisher book you saw on their blog, that probably means they randomly read the book without it being submitted, then reviewed it.

Can you let me know which page you looked at with the 404? Every once in a while, a blogger will make a change and not notify me. It's a large list, so updating it takes some tweaking.

Reviewers sometimes put pauses on their review acceptance. This is normal. I encourage them to put a month or date when they plan on reopening. Out of the whole list, typically only 5% have pauses, but most are open for submissions.

#23 ·
Ah, very nice, thank you!  The process of self-publishing and promoting has been more time-consuming that I had hoped... So far with 10 review requests sent to YA blogs last week, I have zero replies.  I had hoped for a return of 1/10, but from what I've gathered at kboards, the rate of return is closer to 1/50.

Well, I'll keep submitting!

#24 ·
Yamila Abraham said:
Great resource!
Thank you, Yamila. It seems that you write in the romance genre, which has a healthy about of romance book reviews on that page's list. You should find some bloggers on it that are able to review. The blogger "Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words" comes to mind.

#25 ·
I'd *pay money* for a list of open reviews that includes their reach. Blog subscriber numbers in particular, or their GA stats, along with FB and twitter numbers all in one handy place.

I know lots of traditional bloggers (travel, mommy, food etc) have up to date media kits. Why don't book bloggers have this? I mean it only takes 5 seconds to shoot an email with a free pdf of a book, but it's the researching, pitch, waiting, replying and tracking posts. I honestly hesitate to do that for 40 blogs which may only have 10 readers each.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

#26 ·
spellscribe said:
I'd *pay money* for a list of open reviews that includes their reach. Blog subscriber numbers in particular, or their GA stats, along with FB and twitter numbers all in one handy place.

I know lots of traditional bloggers (travel, mommy, food etc) have up to date media kits. Why don't book bloggers have this? I mean it only takes 5 seconds to shoot an email with a free pdf of a book, but it's the researching, pitch, waiting, replying and tracking posts. I honestly hesitate to do that for 40 blogs which may only have 10 readers each.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Spellscribe,

I hear you. That would be an even better resource. That would be a lot of effort to update all those items manually, though. I'm sure there could be software to attach, but the cost and programming of that is way over my head. If it helps, most of the bloggers on the list have a subscriber count on the home page, so it's fairly easy to see right away what their reach is. Although I think the main benefit would be their review on Amazon, Goodreads, etc., and the icing on the cake would be the post they send out to their followers (reach). If you like, only use the ones with a larger following. It varies from 10 followers to thousands.

I hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.