KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: I can't email KBoards Admin!  (Read 1419 times)  

Offline Sticksandstones

• View Profile
I can't email KBoards Admin!
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:55:25 AM »
Greetings,
Yesterday I signed up for a KBoards banner ad to promote my author service (editing); but when I try to email the administrator with questions, etc., I get an error message. I've also not received a scheduling email. I'm considering filing a PayPal dispute -- would rather not, but I don't know what else to do and I'm getting frustrated.
Can anyone point me in a good direction?
Thanks!
Mike

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: I can't email KBoards Admin!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 04:12:55 AM »
Greetings,
Yesterday I signed up for a KBoards banner ad to promote my author service (editing); but when I try to email the administrator with questions, etc., I get an error message. I've also not received a scheduling email. I'm considering filing a PayPal dispute -- would rather not, but I don't know what else to do and I'm getting frustrated.
Can anyone point me in a good direction?
Thanks!
Mike

Mike--

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty.  I'm sure this can be straightened out.  What error message are you getting?

I do know that the site owners who handle the ad buys and scheduling were gone for a week.  I'll make sure that they see this.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Sticksandstones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 04:36:13 AM »
Hi Betsy,
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I tried both email addresses (the Email KBoards link, and the address that appears in my PayPal receipt are different). In any case here's the message:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

admin@kindleboards.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain kindleboards.com by smtp.secureserver.net. [72.167.238.29].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <admin@kindleboards.com> Recipient not found.  <http://x.co/irbounce>

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 05:18:04 AM »
Stick sandstones--

I replicated your experience.  :)

I've sent a message to the site owner and to our tech admin asking them to look at it.  I'm wondering about the domain name shown--Kindleboards.com.  That was our original site name, and I know that for a while we kept the old domain with a pointer to the current domain.  I'm wondering if just recently that was allowed to lapse, or something.

I'm sure we'll hear something soon, but if you want to try your email using admin @ KBoards.com instead, you could go ahead and try that.

We'll get this straightened out, I promise!

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Sarah Chute

• Bellingham, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:32:19 AM »
Hi Mike!

I process the ad orders for KB promotions. I just checked our inbox and I do have a couple of orders to process, one of which I believe is yours. :)
We usually process orders in the evening, but sometimes it takes us a day or two to get to them, sorry for any worries that might have caused!
You'll receive a confirmation message from us later today.

Thanks so much for signing up for KBoards, purchasing a banner ad, and being a patient inquirer! It means a lot.

(Also, the email we use to process orders is support@kboards.com, so if you have any concerns in the future about an ad order, feel free to contact us that way! But like I said, you'll hear from us in a little bit. I'll go process the orders now that I've finished my tea. ;) )

Thanks,
-Sarah
(Draft 1) An Accident in Ackley: 100%
Now, picking my brain for new ideas...

Offline Sarah Chute

• Bellingham, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »
I just sent you an email, so let me know if it doesn't come through, if you'd like a different date, or anything.
Again, sorry for the small delay in response to you. We manually process all of our orders, which means sometimes we pick bedtime instead of KBoards if it's late at night and we haven't gotten to it. :)
Have a good day!
(Draft 1) An Accident in Ackley: 100%
Now, picking my brain for new ideas...