Kindle Forum banner

Oasis skins

19K views 126 replies 22 participants last post by  Anastayja 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought a Decal Girl skin for the Oasis yet?  I'm thinking of just putting one on the back, but I was wondering if anyone had bought one and could post a photo.

#2 ·
Patricia said:
Has anyone bought a Decal Girl skin for the Oasis yet? I'm thinking of just putting one on the back, but I was wondering if anyone had bought one and could post a photo.
I've ordered one, but haven't received it yet. I haven't decided whether I'll use it on the front or not. Will have to see what it looks like in person. But from the picture online I probably will use it. I've always liked this one, and with the walnut cover I thought this would look good on the back.
http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/305419/amazon-kindle-oasis-skin-dark-burlwood

#3 ·
I note that they have a special deal through the 12th 13th on a banner on their website: 25% off with the code SPRING25

Betsy

(I'm sure it said 12th yesterday, but it says 13th today.)

#5 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I note that they have a special deal through the 12th 13th on a banner on their website: 25% off with the code SPRING25

Betsy
LOL - of course they do. I did get free shipping when I ordered though - probably close to the same thing.

Just got the email that mine has shipped. :)

#8 ·
I have a skin on my PW2 and I read it without a cover for a couple of years. Never had a problem with it being slippery. I do get the matte finish on my skins, but I don't think that makes a difference as far as the slippery factor goes. 

#10 ·
I ordered mine today. It's probably a little more purple than really goes with the Walnut case, but I wanted it anyway. I figure the left side that will be visible on the back has some brownish tones in it and I've had this design on a tablet before so I know that rotating it won't annoy me since I technically read with the Oasis upside-down.

https://www.decalgirl.com/artwork/2842/purple-rain/AKOA

#12 ·
Andra said:
I ordered mine today. It's probably a little more purple than really goes with the Walnut case, but I wanted it anyway. I figure the left side that will be visible on the back has some brownish tones in it and I've had this design on a tablet before so I know that rotating it won't annoy me since I technically read with the Oasis upside-down.

Beautiful. I love the purple. Can't wait to hear the skins work on the Oasis. I'm considering getting one. I always had them for my K1, K2 and Kindle Keyboard. Since then I haven't used them.

#13 ·
Andra said:

That's a good point about being sure it'll be good when rotated!

I've gotten skins by that artist before, I like her work.

I decided to use the SPRING25 and some rewards points I didn't know I had to order a custom skin based on one of my quilts, which I've been wanting to do for some time:
https://www.decalgirl.com/make/2006192/1501/aspens-2#.VzOwK8vjVJ8.link

Betsy

#15 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
That's a good point about being sure it'll be good when rotated!

I've gotten skins by that artist before, I like her work.

I decided to use the SPRING25 and some rewards points I didn't know I had to order a custom skin based on one of my quilts, which I've been wanting to do for some time:
https://www.decalgirl.com/make/2006192/1501/aspens-2#.VzOwK8vjVJ8.link

Betsy
Beautiful skin!!! I ordered a couple & got them today. I put one on & I LOVE it! I don't know how to put a pic on here though.

#16 ·
Eilene said:
Beautiful skin!!! I ordered a couple & got them today. I put one on & I LOVE it! I don't know how to put a pic on here though.
You need to store the picture online somewhere, like Photobucket or Facebook (depending on your privacy settings) and then copy the direct link to the photo. Then, tap on the IMG icon, 2d from the left above the smileys
and paste the link between them.

Or, if you are using Tapatalk, you can upload the image within Tapatalk.

Betsy

#17 ·
Got it!! Thanks Betsy! I signed up with Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Awesome!  It looks so good!  The cover contacts fine with the Oasis with the skin on? I've had one occasion where I had to reseat mine to get the battery readings, so I was concerned that the skin might make a difference.

Using Tapatalk is the easiest way I've found to post pics here as they store them for you and I can upload directly from my phone.  One step, easy-peasy.  Glad it worked for you!

Thanks for sharing the pics (and love your counter top--it makes a great background!)

Betsy

#19 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Awesome! It looks so good! The cover contacts fine with the Oasis with the skin on? I've had one occasion where I had to reseat mine to get the battery readings, so I was concerned that the skin might make a difference.

Using Tapatalk is the easiest way I've found to post pics here as they store them for you and I can upload directly from my phone. One step, easy-peasy. Glad it worked for you!

Thanks for sharing the pics (and love your counter top--it makes a great background!)

Betsy
I haven't had any problems with the cover and the skin. I always have had a skin on all my kindles & this was no exception. When I saw this one I thought it was so pretty & blended well with the Walnut cover. I LOVE my Oasis (Artfool Ei)!!!
Thanks! I just realized that my Oasis blends in with my countertop! :)
Tapatalk made it sooo easy to post these pics! Thanks again...

#22 ·
KindleGirl said:
That looks really nice, Eilene. That may have just tipped me over the edge....off to go look at skins again!
Thanks! I really do love having a skin on it. It makes it unique.

#24 ·
Gorgeous skin Eilene!  I almost got my favorite, called Treasure Hunt - I've got it on my Fire HD6, my PW2 and on my iPad Mini. I even found the image online and it's the desktop background on my laptop. 😳  But I decided to get something different for my Oasis. My burlwood came today, I haven't opened it yet. Soon....

#25 ·
Got an email that mine has been shipped!

I really considered getting one I've had on another device...but then there were so many other gorgeous ones.  And then I thought about finally doing a custom one!

Can't wait.

I haven't gotten a Kindle skin in several years.  But I decided that I'm reading this one so much out of the cover to maximize battery usage that a skin would help protect it.  I may eventually not read out of the cover so much, still figuring it out.  I do like reading it in the cover better.  Plus skins ARE pretty.

Betsy

#26 ·
Meemo said:
Gorgeous skin Eilene! I almost got my favorite, called Treasure Hunt - I've got it on my Fire HD6, my PW2 and on my iPad Mini. I even found the image online and it's the desktop background on my laptop. 😳 But I decided to get something different for my Oasis. My burlwood came today, I haven't opened it yet. Soon....
Thanks! Those are some of the other ones I got. I LOVE Treasure hunt also!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.