Author Topic: Cover Designs by Virginia McClain Designs  (Read 1758 times)  

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
    • Virginia McClain's Blog
Cover Designs by Virginia McClain Designs
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »

Let's face it, no matter what you write, or how long it is, getting an eye-catching cover for your book is crucial, but having the budget for your ideal book cover isn't always an option. Are you churning out shorts, novellas, or web serials? Are you spending hours on your own covers but still find them falling flat with audiences? Or are you simply unable to budget for a drool-worthy cover?

That's where Virginia McClain Designs comes in:

$50 Pre-made cover, or a Quickie Custom Cover:
For $50 you can either purchase a pre-made cover I have posted to the site (these are not always in stock) or you can try a Quickie Custom Cover, which is a custom cover with zero revisions (and, yes, I mean zero). How it works: you send me your book description, genre, and a few key themes and I will come up with a custom cover just for your book. However, whatever I come up with is the final product, love it or leave it! If you don't love it, I will take away your personal details and convert it into a pre-made cover and you pay $0. If you do love it, it's yours for $50. (Please note that this option is available for ebook covers only.)

$100 Custom eBook cover with full revisions:
You send me your book details and I will generate three mockup covers. From there you choose which one appeals to you most and we work through multiple rounds of revision to make sure that your final image is exactly what you're looking for. In addition, I'll throw in a 3D model of your ebook cover.

$250 custom print and ebook cover design:
Not only will we work through the ebook cover to get it exactly the way you want it, but I will also create a back cover and spine for your print cover to the specifications of Amazon Createspace or a similar print on demand service. (If you would like me to create a layout for a company other than Amazon Createspace or IngramSpark you'll have to send me the exact requirements for that company.) The final PDF will be ready to upload to Createspace (or your POD service of choice), and you'll also get the ebook cover and 3D model.

So why wait? Affordable, eye-catching covers are only a quick order form away: https://virginialamcclain.wixsite.com/vmdesign.

*Edited to update web address and pricing for 2018 -- now taking bookings for February 2018 (and I have one remaining slot for January as well if someone needs a quick turnaround)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:48:14 AM by VirginiaMcClain »
Virginia McClain | Blog | Cover Designs & Formatting

Online Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Cover Designs by Artemis Dingo Productions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:30:37 PM »
Virginia,

Welcome to the KB Writers Cafe!

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Caf!

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages Listing, found here:
http://www.kboards.com/yp/

The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service wil be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks!

Note that members may provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread, and you may respond in a civil manner. Disputes between you and clients should be handled off site.

Betsy
KBoards Moderator

Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service, for example, by asking KB members for feedback and doing an Internet search such as "service provider name" complaints.
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:24:41 AM »
Thank you, Betsy!

Offline D.F.Bailey

• On the shore of the Salish Sea
  • Narratives for the Mind's Eye
    • View Profile
    • Author D. F. Bailey
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:22:05 PM »

Let's face it, no matter what you write, or how long it is, getting an eye-catching cover for your book is crucial, but having the budget for your ideal book cover isn't always an option. Are you churning our shorts, novellas, or a web serial? Are you spending hours on your own covers but still find them falling flat with audiences? Or are you simply unable to budget for a drool-worthy cover?

That's where Artemis Dingo Productions comes in:

For $50 Pre-made cover, or custom cover with zero revisions (and, yes, I mean zero). For $50 you can either purchase a pre-made cover I have posted to the site (these are not always in stock) or you can send me your book description, genre, and a few key themes and I will come up with a custom cover just for your book. However, at this price point whatever I come up with is the final product, love it or leave it! If you don't love it, I will take away your personal details and convert it into a pre-made cover and you won't be charged. If you do love it, it's yours for $50. (Please note that this option is available for ebook covers only.)

For $100 we start the same way as the $50 package, but I will work with you through multiple rounds of revisions to make sure that your final image is exactly what you're looking for. In addition, I'll throw in a 3D model of your ebook cover.

For $250 not only will we work through the ebook cover to get it exactly the way you want it, but I will also create a back cover and spine for your print cover to the specifications of Amazon Createspace or a similar print on demand service. (If you would like me to create a layout for a company other than Amazon Createspace you'll have to send me the exact requirements for that company.) The final PDF will be ready to upload to Createspace, and you'll also get the ebook cover and 3D model.

So why wait? Affordable, eye-catching covers are only a quick order form away: http://www.virginiamcclain.org/cover-design-services.

*Edited to update pricing for 2018 -- now taking bookings for January 2018

If you're considering Virginia McClain for your graphic design needs then you are making the right decision. Virginia guided me through a three-week creative process to create six new ebook covers for my crime series. I've worked with dozens of graphic artists over the years and Virginia is the best of the best. She has the unique ability to listen to my needs and ideas -- and then use her special talents to generate covers that exceeded my expectations. The fact that she is also a writer means that she has first-person understanding of various book genres and sub-genres. Furthermore, she works very quickly. I am SO glad that I found her (right here on Kboards) and I certainly will be coming back to her for all my future needs. D.F. Bailey (dfbailey.com)

PS: The covers shown next to my profile are my OLD covers -- the new ones from Virginia will be launched in a few months.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:56:10 AM by D.F.Bailey »
Enter the virtual emporium that is Digital Words. Digital Words will be delivered to your email in-box six or seven times a year. Follow the journey of a contemporary writer departing the well-established, centuries-old world of printed books to explore the unknown territory where ebooks, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Wattpad, and dozens of digital innovations are transforming the reading and writing world. http://www.dfbailey.com/digitalwords.html
D. F. Bailey | Digital Words

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
Re: Cover Designs by Virginia McClain Designs
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:34:28 AM »
Hey Everyone! I am just popping in to share a few new pre-made covers, and also let everyone know that I am moving to a new website! I am in the process of merging the web address to my own domain, but for now it's still using the free Wix address: https://virginialamcclain.wixsite.com/vmdesign This new site is super mobile friendly (unlike my last site)! It's also brand new, and I've had it beta tested, but if you find any errors please let me know, I'm still working out the kinks.

Below are the new pre-mades (which you can buy for $50 through a friendly form straight on the website). Or click "Book online" for any of the custom cover options! I have one or two slots left for the end of January, and am now taking bookings for February and March, so check out the new site and book away!

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 10:41:15 AM »
I have three new pre-mades up this week, and a slick new order form for them (as well as one for my Quickie Custom Cover option). I'm still ironing out kinks in the site, and connecting my personal URL is giving me headaches, but the free url seems to be working well enough. Please let me know if you encounter any issues! https://virginialamcclain.wixsite.com/vmdesign/pre-made-cover-or-quickie-custom-co

I'll post more here next week! Please note that I update the site every few days with new pre-mades, but only post them here once a week as per the requirements of the yellow pages threads. And I am available for February bookings for custom covers too!

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:01:37 AM »
Hey Folks! Sorry I disappeared last week. My daughter and I were both sick and I didn't get any new pre-mades up on the site. I only have two for this week, a fun/silly one, and a UF one. As you can probably tell, I've been playing with "paper" recently.

I still have a couple slots open for February if anyone needs a tight turnaround on a custom cover! Swing by the site: https://virginialamcclain.wixsite.com/vmdesign or drop me a line at virginialamcclain at gmail dot com!

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 02:21:57 PM »
Hey Folks! Sorry I disappeared for a bit. I was traveling. Today, I don't have any new premades, however, I would like to showcase the four covers that I designed for D.F. Bailey back in January (I also designed a prequel and a boxset that he has not yet launched, so I will wait to share those).

In the meantime, I am pleased to reveal the Will Finch series redesign:

Online C. Gold

• View Profile
    • Golden Elm Publishing
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
Those last four really nail the genre and look awesome.

Offline kenbritz

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Ken Britz
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 04:02:43 PM »
Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ken Britz | Facebook | Website

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »
Those last four really nail the genre and look awesome.

Thank you! I've been looking forward to showing these off since January, but I didn't want to get ahead of Don's release schedule!

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »
Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you! :-)

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 09:40:35 AM »
Two fresh premades, both using NeoStock photos (though the historical mystery cover only uses her silhouette). $50 each! Oh, and my website has finally gotten in line with my old url so I am once again http://www.virginiamcclain.org.

Offline SA_Soule

• Northern CA
  • Author, Creativity Coach, & Avid Reader
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Author Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
Great covers. Best of luck with your business!

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
Great covers. Best of luck with your business!
Thank you! :-)

Offline VirginiaMcClain

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »
Today I have a trilogy of pre-mades for you! Ball gowns, anyone? Get all three for just 150USD! For more information check http://www.virginiamcclain.org