NetGalley

Author Topic: A Mini Guide to Launch Promo Services - Sites You Can Use for New Releases  (Read 18577 times)  

Online Nicholas Erik

• View Profile
But Product Display asks you to set a time frame for the ad to run and then you can choose to spread the ads over the duration of that period, so...it shouldn't blow through $100 like, "surprise!" Unless someone has stories to the contrary, but I haven't heard any. (With that said, I've had no luck with them, but at least too much money spent isn't my concern.)

You are correct - you can set the ads up in such a way to spread things out. Was just a disclaimer so people double-checked all the settings. Otherwise you can have an experience like Cassie's if AMS is feeling like spending your money.

Nick

Offline Lord_Aetius

• Yarm, England
    • View Profile
Much appreciated by a newbie trying to learn about promotion  :D

Jamie Edmundson | Website | Facebook

Offline Lee Sutherland

• Los Angeles, CA, USA
    • View Profile
    • Website
I recently had good luck with Booksends and Bargain Booksy for my newest launch.

Lee Sutherland | Twitter

Online Nicholas Erik

• View Profile
Re: A Mini Guide to Launch Promo Services - Sites You Can Use for New Releases
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »
Bumping this; I've updated the list slightly, added a thread to the list of launch threads, and done some minor housekeeping on services no longer available. If anyone has anything to add, post it.

Nick

Offline C. Gold

• View Profile
    • Golden Elm Publishing
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 01:57:05 PM »
This is a great resource. Bookmarked it!

Offline ppdiva

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2017, 05:42:25 PM »
Thanks Nick very helpful as usual

Offline KitSarge

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »
Thank-you so much! This thread along with your FB ads tips one are invaluable. I've booked a few of these sites for my launch on Tuesday. You can see the thread here: https://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=258819.0

Offline Andres

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2018, 07:14:08 AM »
Nick,

Excellent resource! One question: I can't book promo sites for my launch until I've already made the book live, because the promo sites require the AISN number. Yet, some promo sites have lead times to book that can be weeks. So how do we time stacking promos launching a new book? I was hoping to book the promos now even though my book releases in April.
Also, Library Thing Giveaways are not easy to set up. You have to first import 50 books into your account....

Thanks for any advice!

Andres Pelenur | facebook | twitter

Online Nicholas Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Nick,

Excellent resource! One question: I can't book promo sites for my launch until I've already made the book live, because the promo sites require the AISN number. Yet, some promo sites have lead times to book that can be weeks. So how do we time stacking promos launching a new book? I was hoping to book the promos now even though my book releases in April.

Set up a pre-order for your new book. Then submit this live link to the promo sites.

Nick

Offline LindsayBuroker

• Prescott, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Lindsay Buroker's Spiffy Blog
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2018, 12:33:18 PM »
One question: I can't book promo sites for my launch until I've already made the book live, because the promo sites require the AISN number. Yet, some promo sites have lead times to book that can be weeks. So how do we time stacking promos launching a new book? I was hoping to book the promos now even though my book releases in April.

If you don't want to set up a long Amazon pre-order, which may dilute some of your launch juice, you can put the book up on Goodreads with the cover and all the details. I did this for Book 1 of my space opera series and emailed the sites along with my application and let them know that I could send them the ASIN/Amazon link a week before the promo. They all said that was fine. I did do a pre-order of a few days so I could get that info to them in time. If you've already got good reviews on other stuff you've published, they'll probably be fine with just seeing that the book looks professional, and Goodreads is fine for that.

Offline Andres

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2018, 06:10:57 PM »
Lindsay,

This is extremely helpful! Thank you for the tip!!!! Answers my question exactly.

Andres Pelenur | facebook | twitter

Offline FFJ

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2018, 07:11:19 AM »
If you don't want to set up a long Amazon pre-order, which may dilute some of your launch juice, you can put the book up on Goodreads with the cover and all the details. I did this for Book 1 of my space opera series and emailed the sites along with my application and let them know that I could send them the ASIN/Amazon link a week before the promo. They all said that was fine. I did do a pre-order of a few days so I could get that info to them in time. If you've already got good reviews on other stuff you've published, they'll probably be fine with just seeing that the book looks professional, and Goodreads is fine for that.

Thanks for this tip.