Kindle Forum banner

Prime Day is July 12th

4K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Betsy the Quilter 
#1 ·
Amazon is advertising Prime Day again this year for July 12th. I didn't get much last year, except for our Instant Pot and that was a big hit, so I will probably take a look to see what they've got.

To start with, they have a contest from Prime Music. Basically you listen to a playlist from one of the featured artists and you are entered to win. Repeat daily until the 12th. This one is easy if you have Prime and and Echo :)
https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=14628973011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=PBPY0DKCVKG03VEBDEJ5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2531760922&pf_rd_i=11448061011

#5 ·
I remember that I tried to get an Echo when they offered them for $50 off, and couldn't get my order in before they sold out! They had "free money" selling gift cards at below face value, I remember. May have bought another item, but those are my main memories.

#6 ·
Hi, Kboards!  I haven't been around for a while...long story.

I'm wondering if Prime Day deals ever included really popular items like maybe the Kindle Oasis or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

#7 ·
DD said:
Hi, Kboards! I haven't been around for a while...long story.

I'm wondering if Prime Day deals ever included really popular items like maybe the Kindle Oasis or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
They've only done it once before -- last year. There were all sorts of things on special including at least one Kindle and the echo, as I recall. Plus a specail deal on KU.

But I honestly don't expect the Oasis to be on sale since it's still half back ordered . . . . .

On the other hand . . . . who can know the mind of Jeff Bezos? :D

#10 ·
Jane917 said:
I missed Prime Day all together last year. Is there any kind of strategy to search the offerings?
Some websites like Techradar will have articles during the day highlighting deals of wide interest, especially on tech toys. People were posting Kindle-or reading oriented ones here on KB, there was a whole thread for that purpose as I recall.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Atunah said:
For those that have the Amazon Visa credit card. On July 12th, prime day. If you put $150 stuff (sold by amazon) into the cart and ship to one address, you get $30 off with code "VISA30"

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_P1616aD_1b1?node=14752452011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_r=XJT6EJ7679MH32FBTTDN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2543487862&pf_rd_i=11448061011

Thats a pretty good one. Just on the 12th though.
Yes! I saw that and have made a note as I have a few things on my lists. :) You CAN take advantage if you don't have an Amazon Visa now, you just have to apply and get one by the 9th. If you have decent credit, it's pretty easy to do.

#13 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Yes! I saw that and have made a note as I have a few things on my lists. :) You CAN take advantage if you don't have an Amazon Visa now, you just have to apply and get one by the 9th. If you have decent credit, it's pretty easy to do.
How do you make a list when you don't know what will be on sale?

#16 ·
From my most recent Echo update email:

Alexa, what are your Prime Day deals?
Leading up to Prime Day, there are some special deals just for Echo customers, while supplies last. Today only, July 8, get an Amazon Tap for $79 (39% off). Today through July 12, get a Dromida Kodo UAV Quadcopter for $25 (38% off) or a Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for $40 (47% off). Just ask:
"Alexa, order an Amazon Tap."
"Alexa, order a drone."
"Alexa, order a Cuisinart Griddler."

Curious if the $10 for a purchase made through Echo will also apply...

#19 ·
I think you just ask her for something. The other day I asked about something, informational thing, next thing she does it rattle down a product and the price and do you want to order?  :eek: :eek: :eek:. Nonononononono

She wasn't even close to what I asked for, didn't understand me I guess. I wasn't trying to order anything, just get some info stuff on a topic.

I have ordered something before that I had ordered already. A re-order. I just told her Alexa, I need to order some Harrar coffee. She went through my previous orders, I had 2 different brands, I said no to the first, then she told me the other and I said yes. But now they opened it up to everything in the store, not just re-orders. Thankfully you do have to say yes or no.

#20 ·
I am stealing this list from tubemonkey on mobile reads as he has it nicely listed. Get ready for prime day

There is more stuff at the link below.

Amazon Devices
$130 -- Amazon Echo
$129 -- Fire HD 10 Tablet --> Alexa orders only
$90 -- Kindle Paperwhite
$70 -- Amazon Fire TV
$33 -- Fire Tablet 7
$25 -- Fire TV Stick
TV Sets
$650 -- Samsung Curved 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart TV -- 2016 Model
$550 -- Samsung 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart TV -- 2016 Model
$300 -- 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
$140 -- 40-Inch 1080p LED TV
$120 -- 32-Inch 720p Roku Smart TV
$100 -- 32-Inch 720p LED TV

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2184554

#23 ·
For those who want to try Audible, but haven't, there is a Prime Day deal involving three free Audible books and a $10 credit. I'm not eligible, so I won't guarantee this link works for everyone:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XJU4UDG/actionCode=AMZORHP06241690LN/ref=gbmg_ads_m-4_02b4_s0r12_01072016?pf_rd_p=aad8cd54-bd4c-483d-a2f4-27800fb802b4&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-4&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_i=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=74WN04D6TQN6ZMF7845P

I haven't seen much that interested me this year. With some misgivings I bought an Amazon Video copy of a movie I don't really need. Other than that, nothing I've even clicked on. Part of the reason is that I just don't need (or even want) any new tech stuff right now from Amazon or even from Apple (not that Apple stuff would be on sale today anyhow).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.