Author Topic: Amazon PrimeDay  (Read 3130 times)  

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
  • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon PrimeDay
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 05:23:16 AM »
Voyager 50 off . Picked one up after missing the sale earlier this year. Paperwhite and the newest Kindle are also on sale. Looking forward to reading on a dedicated e-reader again. I've been reading on my Fire for the last 2 years after getting rid of my DX.
But now the Finte case someone recommended is not available.

Sweet! This was the first email in my Gmail Inbox... so I ordered a Paperwhite to keep in my purse. I don't like to carry my Voyage in the general public because I fear something might happen to it. Technically, the PW only cost ME $18 as my gift card balance took care of everything else.

Adding the PW to my cart was a challenge though. I was using Chrome and I kept getting a "failure" message after choosing "Add to Cart". The message showed up on the actual product page beneath the button. I switched to my phone and got the same message but during the "keep trying" process it did finally add. I was kind of stressed out that the deal would sell out before I would actually get it added.  :'(  However, that worked and I was able to complete the checkout online. It did go from 16% to 17% sold while I was trying this. I see the white ones are on a waitlist. Although that could be also if they aren't available yet, I think.

I contemplated getting a basic Kindle for super cheap.. but I really like having that frontlight. It guarantees I'll be able to read wherever I am. :)

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
  • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 05:25:08 AM »
Hmmmm... now to go through my cover basket. I think I have an extra Amazon leather case somewhere.

Online readingril

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 05:32:14 AM »
Is there a way to combine the Echo's $10 off with Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card Prime Day Offer: Get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card. I see you have to use a code at checkout for the $30 "VISA30".  I'd consider an Oasis if that's possible.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 05:35:22 AM »
Is there a way to combine the Echo's $10 off with Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card Prime Day Offer: Get $30 off your purchase of $150 or more with the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card. I see you have to use a code at checkout for the $30 "VISA30".  I'd consider an Oasis if that's possible.

Only way to know is to try. But I'd sort of doubt it -- usually they don't let you use two promos at once. And if you have to order via the Echo to get the $10, I don't see when you'd have the opportunity to use the VISA30 code at checkout.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Online readingril

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 05:44:30 AM »
Yeah I doubt it would work. And if I tried it and it failed I'd probably end up losing the $10 off Echo offer to use on something else.

Still looking... can't see anything I really want! And I want to save $10! LOL

Offline GBear

• New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 06:52:08 AM »
Only way to know is to try. But I'd sort of doubt it -- usually they don't let you use two promos at once. And if you have to order via the Echo to get the $10, I don't see when you'd have the opportunity to use the VISA30 code at checkout.
I just bought the Echo at $50 off, which put it under the $150 amount to use the VISA30 code (as I understood it, didn't try though, to make sure it wouldn't apply). But I added a FireStick with Voice to the order to put it back over $150 so I could apply the VISA30 code. With the Fire Stick on sale for $35, it meant I was only paying $5 more to get it. So I'm happy in thinking I got a deal...

Offline FierceDeityLink

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »
So I'm happy in thinking I got a deal...
It's okay I guess. I'm glad I got the Echo when  it was $99 and the Fire TV stick when it was $20. I guess they're never going to go that low again otherwise I'd probably get another Echo.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 09:00:11 AM »
I just bought the Echo at $50 off, which put it under the $150 amount to use the VISA30 code (as I understood it, didn't try though, to make sure it wouldn't apply). But I added a FireStick with Voice to the order to put it back over $150 so I could apply the VISA30 code. With the Fire Stick on sale for $35, it meant I was only paying $5 more to get it. So I'm happy in thinking I got a deal...

I agree!  Assuming they're things you wanted. ;)  My calculation is that full price the two would have cost $230 but with the specials you got 'em both for $135 (exclusive of any sales tax). That's a total savings of just over 40%! :o  Woo Hoo!

It's okay I guess. I'm glad I got the Echo when  it was $99 and the Fire TV stick when it was $20. I guess they're never going to go that low again otherwise I'd probably get another Echo.

Yeah, I got 'em both at that price, but didn't want either one, so I sold 'em on to others who'd only been allowed to buy one each at the release price.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:02:57 AM by Ann in Arlington »

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »
I am getting confused now with all the different Prime day threads we have in different sections.  8)

If you don't mind refurb, you can get a refurb Voyage for $129 as they are also on sale for Prime.
Let me see if I can find the right link. Yes, this is the link to wifi with offers.

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline CS

• Parts Unknown
  • Five-Star Ranking Agent 337
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
Has Kindle Unlimited been cheaper than this in the past? Not sure if "up to 40% off" is the best deal they've had.

6 Months: $59.94 - Now $44.95
12 Months: $119.88 - Now $80.32
24 Months: $239.76 - Now $143.86

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 10:28:46 AM »
Has Kindle Unlimited been cheaper than this in the past? Not sure if "up to 40% off" is the best deal they've had.

6 Months: $59.94 - Now $44.95
12 Months: $119.88 - Now $80.32
24 Months: $239.76 - Now $143.86

Weeeelllllll . . . . . . it's the best deal they have now. ::)

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)

Offline CS

• Parts Unknown
  • Five-Star Ranking Agent 337
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »

Weeeelllllll . . . . . . it's the best deal they have now. ::)

Well, yeah, obviously. :P But something like this is a "luxury" purchase, so if it's been cheaper in the past, I'd rather wait for it to inevitably dip back down to that price. I'm in no rush.

Online readingril

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »
Still haven't used the Echo $10 off order, but I did buy the smart plug thingie that's Echo compatible. :)

from my Galaxy S6

Offline alarsen77

• Easton, PA
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »
I was kind of hoping that the premium leather voyage cover would go on sale for prime day.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
If I understand correctly I cannot get the KU deal because I have a currently active KU membership. I wanted to extend the membership for another year but now I guess I'll just let it expire.  I think their rule stinks.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »
If I understand correctly I cannot get the KU deal because I have a currently active KU membership. I wanted to extend the membership for another year but now I guess I'll just let it expire.  I think their rule stinks.

Are you on month to month payments?
Or do you have a prepaid long-term membership?

If on a month to month, have you EVER had a prepaid membership?

The key is the prepaid membership. If you've never done that before, you should be able to get it now. If you have -- even if it's expired and you're now on month to month -- you won't be able to.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)

Offline Patricia

• Northwestern New Jersey
  • Enjoy Today...It will not come again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
I also bought the smart plug and a $50 gift card to get the $10 credit.  I think I'm going to try Audible.  I've been toying with the idea for awhile anyway.  And I'm trying to figure out what to order with my $10 credit from Alexa. 

Offline GBear

• New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »
I was kind of hoping that the premium leather voyage cover would go on sale for prime day.
I did actually check that out, too, when I saw the Voyage on sale. If it had been, I might have pulled the trigger on the Voyage. I think the Voyage with the premium cover is my current dream device (rather than the Oasis). But my PW2 is perfectly wonderful, so I'm kind of glad that Amazon didn't add that extra temptation of the cover.

Offline GBear

• New Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »
I agree!  Assuming they're things you wanted. ;)  My calculation is that full price the two would have cost $230 but with the specials you got 'em both for $135 (exclusive of any sales tax). That's a total savings of just over 40%! :o  Woo Hoo!

The Echo is a birthday gift for our daughter, who may or may not appreciate it. But I knew I wanted to buy it and had my fingers crossed for a sale, and probably would have bought it with the VISA30 promo even if it hadn't been discounted.

I then started looking for something else to put me back over the $150 price and get the VISA30 discount, since I only needed to spend $20 to get $30 off. The Voyage was awfully tempting, but spending a net $5 to try the Fire Stick with Voice seemed to make more sense, even if I'm not sure whether we'll love it or not.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 03:38:22 PM »
Are you on month to month payments?
Or do you have a prepaid long-term membership?

If on a month to month, have you EVER had a prepaid membership?

The key is the prepaid membership. If you've never done that before, you should be able to get it now. If you have -- even if it's expired and you're now on month to month -- you won't be able to.

Yeah, I bought the discounted prepaid membership last November.  In fact, I bought two, one for me and one as a gift.  I had not had a KU membership before so I didn't pay attention to any restrictions, if there were any, at that time.  Maybe someday they will offer a discount for those who have tried KU before.

Online readingril

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »
I finally settled on something to buy via the Echo... a portable Bluetooth speaker for the bedroom to pair with the "tuna can" as my hubby calls it. I read it out loud very carefully "AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black", alas, it could only offer me the blue version. I figured it would be reduced from $39.99 to $29.99 and was a bit confused when Alexa told me it would cost $15.90.

Took a look at the breakdown and saw there were two discounts!

(AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Blue Item(s) Subtotal:    $39.99
Shipping & Handling:    $0.00
Alexa on Prime Day:    -$10.00
Alexa on Prime Day:    -$14.99
     -----
Total before tax:    $15.00
Estimated tax to be collected:    $0.90
Gift Card Amount:    -$15.90

Didn't pay a thing, actually, since it was on a gift card! Woohoo!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:04:23 PM by readingril »

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »
Cool!   I haven't found anything that I want enough to get through Alexa yet....

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline barryem

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2016, 04:18:18 PM »
I'm charging the battery as I type on my new Drone, ordered through Alexa.  It was $50 and I got it for $15.  It arrived half an hour ago and I hate that I have to wait till it's charged to try it.  All my neighbors are hanging around waiting for the maiden flight as well.  You don't get a lot of drones in retirement homes. :)

We have a lady here who's constantly accusing me of just about anything she can think of.  No-one takes her seriously, including me, and I find her kind of amusing.  My hope is that I can have my drone follow her around as she walks her dogs and film everything, and then play the videos on the computer in our recreation area.  It should be fun. :)

Barry

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2016, 04:47:17 PM »
Cool!   I haven't found anything that I want enough to get through Alexa yet....

Betsy

Can you gift something with your Alexa order?  I want that Cuinsinart Griddler for $40 but don't have an Echo.  Can we talk?? :D
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

"Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way." ~ Barbara Bush

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »
Can you gift something with your Alexa order?  I want that Cuinsinart Griddler for $40 but don't have an Echo.  Can we talk?? :D

I don't know....PM me.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store