Author Topic: Kindle voyage charger question.  (Read 798 times)  

Offline alarsen77

• Easton, PA
    • View Profile
Kindle voyage charger question.
« on: July 07, 2016, 12:01:58 PM »
Hey guys, so I recently got a kindle voyage and I was wondering if I could use the usb plug that came with my samsung S7 to charge it? I know that charger is a fast charger will that cause any damage to the kindle?

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle voyage charger question.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »
My understanding is devices nowadays are designed to draw the power they need no matter the rated power of the charger. I've used pretty much any charger with my Voyage -- from my phone, my tablet, the one that came with it -- and had no issues. The only difference is that it may take longer if it's a lower wattage charger.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline alarsen77

• Easton, PA
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle voyage charger question.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:22:55 PM »
My understanding is devices nowadays are designed to draw the power they need no matter the rated power of the charger. I've used pretty much any charger with my Voyage -- from my phone, my tablet, the one that came with it -- and had no issues. The only difference is that it may take longer if it's a lower wattage charger.

That is what I thought too. I just wanted to check and see what you guys thought and if anyone had heard any different? I don't see the need to spend $20 on the amazon charger when I have so many charging bricks laying around that are all good quality not knock off cheap charging bricks.