KB Featured
The Sun God's Heir: Return (Book One)
by Elliott Baker

Kindle Edition published 2017-01-02
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
For three thousand years a hatred burns. In seventeenth century Bordeaux two souls incarnate, one born the child of a prosperous merchant, the other, steals a life determined to continue a brutal incarnation begun long ago.

Under the guidance of Pharaoh, two brothers grew strong in knowledge and power, one a physician, the other a general. With the pharaoh’s untimely death, a deep hatred blossoms. One remembers, one does not.

The year is 1671. René Gilbert’s destiny glints from the blade of a slashing rapier. To protect those he loves he must regain the power and knowledge earned in an ancient lifetime. From Bordeaux to Spain to Morocco, René is tested and with each turn of fate he gathers enemies and allies as the memory and power of a lifetime as physician to Pharaoh returns.

Determined to continue a reign of terror that once caused the Nile to run red, Horemheb takes over the life of a young man mortally wo…

Author Topic: Early Bird Books from Open Road Media  (Read 1981 times)  

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Early Bird Books from Open Road Media
« on: July 19, 2016, 07:19:53 AM »
So, I signed up for this email not really expecting much, as my experience with promotion companies is that what they promote is what they're paid to promote and it's not necessarily what I want to read. But it was free, so I was willing to give it a try. And, you know what? It doesn't suck. :) ::) :P :)

Seriously . . . the emails come daily, more or less. Sometimes there's only one on a weekend. They contain a good mix of genres and none are priced higher than $2 or $3; there's usually at least one free one as well. They also feature not just current titles but classics or other older titles.  You can set your preferences so the email you get should only include books that you would be somewhat interested in. And I've found that's the case. I've actually picked up several and have only been subscribed for a couple of weeks.

No vested interest here; but I know people here like to find new ways to find good books that they want to read. This might be it for some of you. :D

http://www.earlybirdbooks.com/

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline gdae23

• NYC
    • View Profile
Re: Early Bird Books from Open Road Media
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »
Thanks for posting this. I just signed up and will give it a try.

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
Early Bird Books newsletter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:31:20 AM »
I only recently discovered a newsletter from Open Road Media publishers that offers discounted books (through Amazon, Apple, Kobo, etc.) from their extensive catalog. An email is sent every few days with some books from genres you have picked. These are sometimes free but mostly discounted to about $2-$3. Open Road publishes a lot of Mystery and SF, and I've been impressed with the quality of the books. I've been getting the newsletter for about two weeks and have bought three books already (yeah, that's what I need, more books in the TBR queue).

The newsletter is listed under Sites at openroadmedia.com.

Mike

What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 06:39:52 AM »
Mike . . . I merged your post with the thread I'd started back in July . . . . :)

Like you, I've been impressed with the newsletters and have bought a fair number of books as a result. Which is, of course, just what they want. ::)

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Central Texas
  • Reading ebooks since 1994!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 07:18:04 AM »
Mike . . . I merged your post with the thread I'd started back in July . . . . :)

Obviously I didn't search previous posts well enough.  ;D

Mike
What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 07:23:33 AM »
Obviously I didn't search previous posts well enough.  ;D

Mike

;D

I probably only remembered because I'd started it . . . . and it was back in July! :o

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac