Kindle Forum banner

Shifted Sheets Book Promotion Services

9K views 51 replies 17 participants last post by  Helen_Christian 
#1 ·
Our services are constantly updating and changing in what we provide to authors.

Find the latest services here: http://www.fiverr.com/uncarved

Scroll to the end of the thread to find monthly sales and events. We try to have a cross promotion each month.

For questions, you can email: shiftedsheets@gmail.com

ALWAYS let us know you're from here and we will try to add on things for you.

#2 ·
A few spots are taken now, I would imagine this will be at max capacity in a week so get in now if you want to do this. We will all be sharing on social media so it will be a great way to boost your freebie and driving mailing list subscriptions!

15 on the list come from here and 15 from another board. 30 great FREEBIES will be in the newsletter; meaning 30 people boosting your book (and catalog's) signal!

#4 ·
popping to make sure we have a ton of free shifter books included so that everyone benefits!

If you have a permafree Kindle book or you have a book you can make free on the 9th and 10th, let me know and I will get you in the newsletter and get you some FREE promotion :)

#5 ·
Shifted Sheets Promotions has been in business a year now doing the odd promotion here and there for authors. Currently I've decided to launch a package deal but would like five people who write Kindle Paranormal Romances to be test subjects and give me feedback on the service before I launch it.

What I need from the test applicants:
URL of your Kindle Paranormal Romance book
Instafreebie link for the same book

What test applicants get:
Book will go out to over 400 Reviewers that read nothing but PNR. They'll get the cover, blurb, and link to where to download their free copy and a link on where to leave their review.
Book will also go out in Shifted Sheets Friday newsletter (to 4500+) to promote it. Typically books listed here are free or 99cents.
I will then email the author the number of clicks their book received as well as the Amazon Affiliate number of sales shown. (I cannot track KU downloads if your book is in KU)
After two weeks I will also report back the before and after number of reviews the book has received.

This will be done for free so that I can test the service and see about how many reviews/sales/clicks authors are getting before I go live with the service.

If interested, post here first, I'm only taking five. Just post you're interested and then I'll PM you ;)

#8 ·
Thanks for the kind offer, but although I have a book that meets your criteria (and is even on sale for 99¢ at the moment), I can't say the idea of giving it away to 400+ random people in the hopes that they'll review it is very appealing.

I prefer to give my Instafreebie books away in exchange for the recipient's email address for my newsletter. I also prefer to know the preferences and reliability of the reviewers who might be reading my book (e.g., do they hate books that don't have shifters or vampires? do they post a review within their promised time frame? do they post DNF/one-star reviews? is the review more substantive than "This was OK."?).

I applaud you in providing data and reports to your participants. That's a service I wish other pay-for-play newsletter services would provide.

#24 ·
Uncarved ran a promotion for Lucien's Mate yesterday 8/26.

Some background info:
Lucien's Mate has been permafree for almost 3 years and I've had over 60K downloads in that period of time. It's a novella and the first in a series of 6.

For August, without any promo, I've been averaging 17-40 downloads a day for LM.

Here are the stats:
8/26
10:54 am

111 reviews
3.9 avg

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,964 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in
Kindle Store)
#97 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial
#138 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves &
Shifters

As of this morning,

9.25 AM
151 DL 8/26
12 DL 8/27

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,129 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in
Kindle Store)
#24 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial
#42 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves &
Shifters

So that was a nice boost for me. I've found lately that the more expensive promo sites are less effective than inexpensive sites.

I didn't check mailing list signups. Will have to check and I'll come back later and update this post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.