Kindle Forum banner

Mystery Book Funnel Group Promo - August OPEN for submissions

8K views 89 replies 34 participants last post by  Chinese Writer 
#1 ·
Modified: 8/2/17

I'm taking submissions for a Mystery Book Funnel Group Promo. Tentative dates 8/19-8/26.

https://dashboard.bookfunnel.com/bundles/board/55xii8zn59

Anne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stats from July's Mystery/Thriller Book Funnel Giveaway

The July Book Funnel Giveaway generated 33,300 outbound clicks. Woohoo! Excellent job, everyone.

Of the 27 participating authors, 25 authors shared the giveaway to their newsletter and social media. Since the 2 authors didn't respond to my "gentle" reminder, I assumed they are freeloaders.

On average, it seems like 0.5% - 1% of an author's newsletter clicked on the landing page. This interesting data. The authors who participate monthly like me, have lower clicks to the landing page than those who participated less often. Maybe the "wow, free books" are less of a lure. In my case, I had 36% open rate with a 7% click rate, but only 420 readers clicked on the landing page.

The top three authors who generated the most clicks on the landing page are: Cindy Bell (840 clicks), Steven Moore (799), and Danielle Lenee Davis (765).

The top three authors to receive the most clicks to the individual book page are: Cindy Bell, Stephen Moore, and Stacey Alabaster, and Danielle Lenee Davis. However, I don't know how many of these readers are already in their list.

The lowest click to the individual book page is 489 and the highest is in the thousands.

My conversion rate is 47%. And of the 338 people who signed up for the book, 115 of them are already on my list. So when compared to an IF giveaway, I get about ~100-200 less sign-ups. However, if these sign-ups end up better quality, then it would be worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
July 2017 = 27 authors = 33.3k clicks to Book Funnel landing page.
June 2017 = 31 authors = 36.8k outbound clicks to IF.
April 2017 = 35 authors = 35.8k outbound clicks to IF.
March 2017 = 32 authors = 23k outbound clicks to IF.
March 2017 (Chicklit/Humor) = 14 authors - 14.5k outbound clicks to IF.
Feb 2017 (cozy only) = 12 authors - 14,100 outbound clicks to IF.
Feb 2017 = 36 authors - 33k outbound clicks to IF.
Jan 2017 = 36 authors - 39k outbound clicks to IF; 1k clicks to story app
Dec 2016 = 44 authors - 54k outbound clicks to IF
October 2016 = 32 authors - 62,600 clicks to Instafreebie
Sept 2016 = 20 authors - 42,000 clicks to Instafreebie

See less See more
#17 ·
I'm looking for one (possibly two authors) to join us for the group promo to fill last minute dropouts. We'll send the group promo page to our list on 9/18 or 9/19. Instafreebie will feature our group page on 9/20. Here is the group page so far: http://annertan.com/free-mystery-books/

You'll need to sign-up for a public giveaway at Instafreebie, send me the giveaway link and your cover. Then, you need to send the group promo page to your list and social media either on 9/18 or 9/19.

PM me if interested. You probably can't do this group promo if you're in KU since Instafreebie will be distributing your books.

Anne

#21 ·
GhostGirlWriter said:
Awesome. I have a newsletter coming out Monday, and I'll be putting you guys in. Good luck!!
Thank you! We already have over 400 clicks to the giveaway links. The authors are sending out the promo to their list tomorrow and Monday. We're getting featured on Tuesday. Between all this and the recap blog and newsletter send next Friday, I think it will be amazing for all the participants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.